✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^I honestly think we should say goodbye to the dream of Coldplay beating the Beatles record. Well, it doesn't really matter, as long as the music is good.

This

needs to back down for a week

Wouldn't it be ironic if coy little GS debuted at #1 while AHFOD which tries WAAaaaAaAAAaaY too hard doesn't and ends the sacred streak

Our faves aren't safe :shy:

Just changing the subject. I Can't stop listening to the snippets.. @__@ Im really curios

I think I'm gunna hold back from listening to the song today because it feels like I'm listening to the majority of the album before it actually comes out and I want some surprise. That being said I have no self control....

Guest diogo_sg
What about the #worldrecord that zane low mentioned in his tweet?

What tweet and what record?

This
needs to back down for a week

Wouldn't it be ironic if coy little GS debuted at #1 while AHFOD which tries WAAaaaAaAAAaaY too hard doesn't and ends the sacred streak

Our faves aren't safe :shy:

I just want it to debut at #1 so bad! I want them to beat that record! But if it is choice between #1 and quality I choose quality, even though it seems like this part is basically guaranteed judging by the snippets.

^I honestly think we should say goodbye to the dream of Coldplay beating the Beatles record. Well, it doesn't really matter, as long as the music is good.

So right now Coldplay's on par with The Beatles? That's amazing enough.

But of course we crave for beating them! If they could do it then why not

Guest diogo_sg
So right now Coldplay's currently on par with The Beatles? That's amazing enough.

But of course we crave for beating them! If they could do it then why not

Actually, they're one album behind The Beatles. Only if AHFOD debuts at #1 they'll be on pair with them.

Actually, they're one album behind The Beatles. Only if AHFOD debuts at #1 they'll be on pair with them.

Aah, I see.

So then, godspeed Coldplay. One of the possibilities for them becoming No. 1 is that Adele's sales momentum decreases dramatically, cause maybe almost everyone bought her album on the first week?

That, or I think I don't know how the charting system works.

Lets just hope they promote the album like crazy in the next week; the AOAL video should help. It seems Coldplay haven't really emerged in the same way as other albums. For example AOAL on Youtube only has 9.5 million views, this seems like allot but compared to Hello's 497 million views it seems very little. It also doesn't help that Adele just announced her tour with the tickets going on sale the same day AHFOD is released. She really is stealing the limelight from other artists.

Lets just hope they promote the album like crazy in the next week; the AOAL video should help. It seems Coldplay haven't really emerged in the same way as other albums. For example AOAL on Youtube only has 9.5 million views, this seems like allot but compared to Hello's 497 million views it seems very little. It also doesn't help that Adele just announced her tour with the tickets going on sale the same day AHFOD is released. She really is stealing the limelight from other artists.

That's Adele for you. I'm sure she'll end up sweeping the Grammys too (when her album is eligible). I still don't really get her charm though, but I admit her songs are great and powerful

That's Adele for you. I'm sure she'll end up sweeping the Grammys too (when her album is eligible). I still don't really get her charm though, but I admit her songs are great and powerful

I dont understand Adele in general. Look at what Coldplay does and then look at Adele. Everyone just likes adele for her voice. Coldplay is so much more than Chris Martins voice

I dont understand Adele in general. Look at what Coldplay does and then look at Adele. Everyone just likes adele for her voice. Coldplay is so much more than Chris Martins voice

Yeah, I don't really understand the mass appeal, her music is powerful, but I'd much rather listen to Trouble than Hello.

Well, Adele is so complete at what she does. And people love who she is, her songs, her voice and all of it. She's very easy to connect. She's classic female singer-songwriter, there isn't anyone competing with her at what she does and that's why she's dominating.

At the same time Coldplay is one of the many bands in the world, but they are doing really good, i'd say. There isn't any band right now being continuously so successive while being distinctively progressive with their sound on each album.

I think AOAL video and Hymn For the Weekend will definitely bring a lot of spotlight to AHFOD album. So i wouldn't worry about the album sales.

I feel anyone would prefer a Coldplay's concert over Adele's anyday.

Coldplay feature many many genres, whereas adele is max sad and slow songs with only her voice being the variation between songs.

I still think that Adele and power ballads are like Taylor Swift and breakup songs. That's what they're experts at but it's pretty much the only thing they offer :P

Of course there are exceptions, but those are pretty much they're known for

I think the whole hype for Adele really was because of the whole comeback after she took a long while off. Honestly I kinda don't want Coldplay to beat the Beatles though I mean to be the Beatles are on a whole other level aha

IIRC, Coldplay are currently tied with the Beatles. And if we don't beat them, that's fine with me. Being just TIED with the Beatles is fantastic.

With Adele, I think she'll soon go through a stage where ppl grow tired of the same formula with her. Just like with X&Y, ppl were complaining that it was the same band with the same sound over and over again. It's at this stage where the great musicians reinvent themselves and go to the next level. It happened with Viva La Vida, and I don't doubt Adele will figure it out as well.

One thing that I don't really get it is that to me coldplay always have been reinvented themselves. X&Y its different from a rush.. I know viva was way more different even if it has similarities with x&y. But with Adele everything is almost the same... its very different than cold

There are a few things I think might save Coldplay's #1 spot over Adele. For one, Adele's album will have already been out for three weeks by the time AHFoD drops. Hopefully all of her hardcore fans will have gotten their hands on a copy by then (300,000 copies in the first week is nothing to shake a stick at). Secondly, Adele caters to a massive "casual" fanbase. 25 is the kind of album you would get as a stocking stuffer or something similar. Tomorrow is Black Friday, the single biggest shopping day of the year (in America, at least). A ton of people will be out looking for Christmas presents and stuff like that--a perfect opportunity to pick up the album. Hopefully that will take care of a good majority of the "casual" fans and all the miscellaneous sales she's bound to get so that by the time Dec. 4 rolls around Coldplay has a good shot at nabbing #1 from her.

Granted, Coldplay are probably one of the few acts in the world that could take on Adele and possibly come out on top. If we still had the sales numbers we did during the ARoBttH/X&Y eras, I think we could take her. But, coming off the relatively (compared to other Coldplay albums) low sales of GS, any little extra help we can get is very nice :awesome:

not sure where to put

[video=youtube;Q61Fq816K6Q]

edit, found the right thread, but i'll leave this here anyways

I haven't posted here in years. I guess you could call me an oldplayer :rolleyes: I haven't been so excited for a new Coldplay album since the Viva days. I really want to go see them in Argentina but I also wanted to go to Lollapalooza, which is also happening in Argentina and Noel Gallagher, Mumford and Sons, Tame Impala, Of Monsters And Men, between others, are playing.

I'm freaking out right now because I don't know what to do. Lollapalooza is on March 18th and 19th and Coldplay's concert is on March 31st and I don't have enough money to travel to Argentina twice in two weeks. AHHHHHHH :cry2::cry2::cry2:

Sorry for the rant.