✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, I don't really understand the mass appeal, her music is powerful, but I'd much rather listen to Trouble than Hello.

And I much rather listen to Hello than AOAL. Of course the old Coldplay songs are better, but I really understand when Oldplay fans rather listen to Adele than to the band's newest music.

I see another broken base here ._. Well, not a Coldplay song if there's no broken base :P

To me, it's a pretty decent track, reminds me a bit of Up in Flames, but with more fleshed-out melodies and fuller experience. It's really soothing, and a perfect time to come out here in Indonesia, where now's past midnight and time to go to bed. It's really relaxing to hear this song :3

Guest howyousawtheworld

Nice melody and better than Up In Flames but the talents of the rhythm section in the bass and electronic drums are remedial level and sorely underused. Good song, poor production.

Guest diogo_sg

So what happened to that Australian thing? Wasn't it today?

And what was that dinner/pool party Coldplay threw a few weeks back? Where some Argentinian guys were interviewing them.

So what happened to that Australian thing? Wasn't it today?

And what was that dinner/pool party Coldplay threw a few weeks back? Where some Argentinian guys were interviewing them.

1) Not happening yet, later today

2) They released a short clip. It was Chris with Jonny saying in Spanish/Portuguese (sorry, dunno the diff), that they're going to Argentina

Guest diogo_sg
1) Not happening yet, later today

2) They released a short clip. It was Chris with Jonny saying in Spanish/Portuguese (sorry, dunno the diff), that they're going to Argentina

1) thanks.

2) it's Spanish. And they flew to LA and threw an entire party because of one clip? That seemed like something bigger, to be honest.

1) thanks.

2) it's Spanish. And they flew to LA and threw an entire party because of one clip? That seemed like something bigger, to be honest.

2) It was a clip of some longer interview i'm sure that will be released in time....

And I much rather listen to Hello than AOAL. Of course the old Coldplay songs are better, but I really understand when Oldplay fans rather listen to Adele than to the band's newest music.

Agree. I understand the hype around Adele. She stands out. I don't listen to her that much, but I get what her music/voice does to people.

Everglow to me is another up in flames. Will listen to it a couple of times, but it misses depth and originality, so know I won't go back to it at some point. Wish they would've recorded it with raw piano, instead of those zzzzzz electronica sounds. I'm sorry, but this type of production doesn't do this type of ballad much good. A ballad can never have a 'classic' sound with these type of production. Wonder when coldplay ever is going to try to make another classic..

One of the things that I am happy to see, that I am always happy to see, is that there seems to be something for everyone on this album. This due to the fact that Coldplay has always had the gift of being able to cover a wide range of styles on an album while always remaining distinctly Coldplay.

This allows them to experiment without completely alienating anyone in their fan base while at the same time allowing them to stretch creatively and feel fulfilled artistically. As far as I see it everybody wins.

For every fan that might not enjoy an ETDIAW there is an UIF. For every fan that might not enjoy an Everglow there is an AOAL. This is why the "old vs new" argument has never held much weight in my eyes. There always seems to be something for everyone. That is a huge credit to the band in my opinion.

Guest diogo_sg
AOAL comes to mind.

A little bit. But not enough to justify the usage of an Indian font and the release of a music video filmed in India (that's not even from said song).

A little bit. But not enough to justify the usage of an Indian font and the release of a music video filmed in India (that's not even from said song).

I guess the indian inspiration came after the album was complete.

Thus, the hindi text on everything coldplay and the music video might be the reason for calling the album or more appropriately the ERA as Indian Influenced. Maybe.

Guest diogo_sg
I guess the indian inspiration came after the album was complete.

Thus, the hindi text on everything coldplay and the music video might be the reason for calling the album or more appropriately the ERA as Indian Influenced. Maybe.

I'd love to hear Indian-inspired music from Coldplay, though. Hopefully they'll give it a try in the future.

True. The most indian-styled song i can think of is Life in Technicolor.

That song is a masterpiece to me though :)

Haven't listened to Everglow yet though, don't think I want to really... I wanna save it for the album, right now I can't really tell what the overall mood this forum has to this song... I'm guessing it's just... Average?