✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

That song is a masterpiece to me though :)

Haven't listened to Everglow yet though, don't think I want to really... I wanna save it for the album, right now I can't really tell what the overall mood this forum has to this song... I'm guessing it's just... Average?

I find it to be v good

Its kind of a ghost stories type + ballad + kind of a catchy melody + v good piano + Will doing his work on the drums + and alot of stargate (makes the song kind of a radio song). Believe me, half the people who love the song don't speak up just because there are many criticising it for 'reasons'.

Wait for it, you'll definitely like it. You're doing the right thing by waiting. I feel the song would fit better with the whole album. xx

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I remember when before viva la vida came out, chris said that the album was going to have latin american influences. None of the songs sounded anything like music from my culture lol. VLVODAAHF has more asian instruments as a matter of fact.

I think just because a song or an album is said to be influenced by a specific culture, it doesn't necessarily mean that it will sound like a specific genre from that culture or using certain instruments. Anything can inspire writing songs. Viva La Vida was inspired by a Frida Kahlo painting. The title is in spanish, and a lot of songs from that album have a church feel that were inspired from cathedrals in latin america. But the songs don't sound like 'salsa' music or 'mariachi'.

I listened to it once and thought it was great. I already forget what it sounded like, but I remember loving the piano. That will be the only time I listen to it before the album though. At this point I have only heard the studio versions of AOAL and Everglow, and the live version of Amazing Day. That leaves 10 songs left that will be completely new to me. Now I just have to make it one more week!

I find it to be v good

Its kind of a ghost stories type + ballad + kind of a catchy melody + v good piano + Will doing his work on the drums + and alot of stargate (makes the song kind of a radio song). Believe me, half the people who love the song don't speak up just because there are many criticising it for 'reasons'.

Wait for it, you'll definitely like it. You're doing the right thing by waiting. I feel the song would fit better with the whole album. xx

Aw thank you... I don't know if I'm super into the 'Stargate' but I mean on this forum if some people say it's average, then it's probably actually good

We havent heard all the songs yet. The snippets are only 15 seconds long. What if Fun sounds indian? What if the bridge of another song sounds indian? And lets not forget the interludes. And maybe the band simply likes the look of indian culture which explains why the stage is indian and why they filmed in india. Indian culture and beliefs represent Chris's idea of happiness and finding nirvana.

I remember when before viva la vida came out, chris said that the album was going to have latin american influences. None of the songs sounded anything like music from my culture lol. VLVODAAHF has more asian instruments as a matter of fact.

I think just because a song or an album is said to be influenced by a specific culture, it doesn't necessarily mean that it will sound like a specific genre from that culture or using certain instruments. Anything can inspire writing songs. Viva La Vida was inspired by a Frida Kahlo painting. The title is in spanish, and a lot of songs from that album have a church feel that were inspired from cathedrals in latin america. But the songs don't sound like 'salsa' music or 'mariachi'.

This is a good point! Oddly enough, as you said, many of the songs off Viva seemed to showcase influences that were more Asian (Life In Technicolor, Yes) and African (Strawberry Swing's drumbeat) than Latin American. Cemeteries of London I could possibly see has having a LA "flavor" to it, but that's really about it. I suppose the influence of all these various cultures is more about getting the ideas flowing than actually having their respective unique sounds transfer directly into the songs.

That's probably a good thing, though. I imagine taking icons and sounds directly from a culture would be pretty blatant cultural appropriation.