✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8

Jonny and the cake

I doubt they will come off the sugar-pop train anytime soon, they are so happy about what they're doing and feel this is the best thing they have ever done.

As for Thom Yorke, if I remember correctly he despises Coldplay and completely ditched Chris when they crossed their paths once...

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noooo whyyyy:cry:they must reunite Chris and Thom as friends using the power of music: enter LP8 a Kid-A styled record Coldplay take notes! :D

Look, if Thom despised Chris back during Oldplay times...I can't even imagine how much he is gonna despise him now. :-/

^ Well if CP express a wish to make a "proper" album of serious music, with experimentation into more avant garde sounds (whatever that would be nowadays :rolleyes: ), and could demonstrate that they measure up to suitable standards, Radiohead might consider a collaboration if CP indicate they would like one... I think they would be able to appreciate each other as musicians with similar shared interests in music - all the members belong in bands after all, which would indicate that they can work with other people :D

^ Well if CP express a wish to make a "proper" album of serious music, with experimentation into more avant garde sounds (whatever that would be nowadays :rolleyes: ), and could demonstrate that they measure up to suitable standards, Radiohead might consider a collaboration if CP indicate they would like one... I think they would be able to appreciate each other as musicians with similar shared interests in music - all the members belong in bands after all, which would indicate that they can work with other people :D

Midnight is a good example of that;)

• 6 months later...

Well, everyone, AHFOD (LP7) is out and the tour is on! Considering what all Chris has said about that record being the conclusion to a particular time in Coldplay's history, and also taking into account what he said about the future of Coldplay's sound (e.g. "There will never be another conventional Coldplay record"), how do we think LP8 will shape up when the time comes? Not to rush us through the current era, of course--it should be savoured!

If LP8 is the beginning of a new sound/shape/philosophy for Coldplay music, I wonder what all that will entail?

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

I don't have much to base this on, but I'm going with a prediction that they will introduce a couple or more songs with alternate members taking lead vocals. With Will and Jonny doing lead vocals on select live songs this past tour (and yes I know it's happened before), I think the proof will be in whether they include one of those on the Live 2017 album/DVD. If so then that may be the next phase and surprises that may be in store. I reserve the right to be completely wrong.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

or........

will it ever happen???

YES

If it's going to happen, I'd say 2019. No harm in anticipating an album that won't be released for another 4 and a half years though!

correct! 10 points

Track 7 - NO U SHUT UP

This will be the biggest hit Coldplay have ever had in the history of the band....we will be singing it, our children will be singing it, and their children's children's children will be singing it...you can quote me on that!

Track 7 - Arabesque

yes, yes in fact we, as mankind, will all be yelling SAME FUCKING BLOOD til the end of our days

LP8 will be the jazz record Jonny always wanted to make

[video=youtube;XDZKN4ftzns]

Well... up to an extent... *glances at Arabesque and another song on the record (don'twanttospoil)* this ended up being true

You know what three thins are that I hope for in the future ?

1.) That Batman does not become a host at BBC radio :D :D :D

2.) That Coldplay releases the existing audio files of all the scrapped songs or half-finished songs they ever did, either on CD or as a free download

3.) That Chris becomes nostalgic of his younger years as he grows older and Coldplay albums will return to lamenting alt rock again instead of the current "we're oh so happy" mindset pop. I could imagine an album in the far future about the loss of youth, time, memories, and doubts about the purpose of life. That would be a great one !

1) has not happened *checkmark*

2) well, Radiohead did

3) checkmark, I guess!

I hope this one'll be experimental as fuck :wacky:

Coldplay honoured my wishes, kind of :D

• Haha 4

YES

correct! 10 points

Track 7 - Arabesque

yes, yes in fact we, as mankind, will all be yelling SAME FUCKING BLOOD til the end of our days

Well... up to an extent... *glances at Arabesque and another song on the record (don'twanttospoil)* this ended up being true

1) has not happened *checkmark*

2) well, Radiohead did

3) checkmark, I guess!

Coldplay honoured my wishes, kind of :D

I can't for the life of me remember why I didn't want Batman to become a BBC radio host :O

Nice catch @Captain Crieff !

• Haha 1