✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New song(?)- On my way home

ciaA26

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking at their other songs, a little underwhelming. but we'll see. maybe this is a new song made with a coldplay sample.

Sample seems plausible because if you look at the shares Chris has 5.00 and the rest of the band have 2.50 but all the other guys have 6.25... I presume the share is a percentage of royalities

It could well be just given to Rihanna or another artist, could be something else completely different or could be like Great Expectations, we just never ever hear about it. Just a title but lots of fans are going crazy for it so it just shows, if Coldplay were to drop a new song, it would be mental!

I too think this is more likely a Rihanna track. Looking at those producers and their past works, it just seems highly unlikely they would work on a Coldplay song considering they are a production group that usually writes entire songs for pop singers. Sure, they could have a hand in production potentially on AHFOD, but it just seems unlikely seeing how Coldplay is, you know, a band who writes their own stuff and doesn't really need that level of production (atleast I would hope.)

And if it is a Coldplay song, then we should expect it to be dancey and a chart smasher, since the recent work of that production group with Maroon 5, U2, Diddy, etc.

Please don't get angry with me if this turns out to be something that is never released- but this is an official page on the PRS database

No worries, you found some info that you thought was interesting and wanted to share it with us. thank you for that. If it turns out to be something that other than you thought, no one will be mad. Lots of info out there and we all hope ppl post the truth. Sometimes I find stuff and I check and re-check that I got it right. Made for a very interesting thread and turned a lazy Sunday into something fun to think about. :)

Lea Michele has a song called "On My Way" and it was written by songwriters Ali Tamposi and Fernando Garibay, along with music producers Marcus Lomax, Jordan Johnson, Stefan Johnson and Clarence Coffee Jr...

Very strange...

Are you sure you're looking at Coldplay song?

Its such a terrible song. But it looks like they sampled it like they did with Ritmo de la noche for Every Teardrop is a waterfall

Could it be the other way around? I mean, it's Coldplay sampling something from Lea Michelle's (or whatever her name is) song? There's some pseudo dubstep action going on in that song, and we all know Coldplay would like to appeal more to the younger demographic))

ehhh while they do take inspiration from various artists from various eras and do sample sometimes, I *highly* doubt they'd sample Lea Michele and ALSO use a highly similar title. Even when they sample a song, they make it very much their own. (and not to get in this debate once again but we all know that your last sentence is highly debatable and not necessarily a fact, more of a point of view.)

The fact that there are so many people listed does make me lean towards Rihanna's (or perhaps another artist?) theory. It seems to me that Coldplay VERY RARELY have songs with so many people in the credits. Even when they have collaborations, they seem keen to make sure it is their own, and so not that many people are involved. You'd have one particular or one artist, not a full team like this one.

more convinced that this is a song written by other people that sample coldplay. all you have to do is look at the shares.

plus, I also doubt coldplay would sample a song from these guys. these songs are usually so derivative.

I have four predictions of what this could be, #1 being most likely in my opinion:

1. Chris' kids were listening to the god awful song "On My Way," and he really liked some of the lyrics:

My words are wrapped in barbwire

My actions speak for what I can't say

'Cause I fall one step forward

To push you away, push you away

I wish that I could listen

To all the advice that I give away

But it's hard to see things clearly

Through all of the pain, all of the pain

I'm caught in the rain, caught in the rain

Tell me you can't picture Chris writing or singing that!? Coldplay writes a new song and registers it, and while it sounds nothing like the original song, they have to credit the producers and Lea Michele for the lyrics. Think of the Leonard Cohen lyrics on "Up With The Birds."

2. This is song is indeed going to be included in Rihanna's original concept album for Home and is an original song that borrows lyrics or sounds from Lea Michele's song "On My Way" which was written by the producers we see credited. Rihanna's name is not yet on the track as to remain secretive, and it will be a duet with Chris and the band will provide the music.

3. This is merely a mashup song remixed to include Coldplay samples and "On My Way" samples for some other artist.

4. For some odd reason, Coldplay has decided to go to this group of producers to help them write a song for LP7 and Lea Michele does guest vocals.

I have four predictions of what this could be, #1 being most likely in my opinion:

1. Chris' kids were listening to the god awful song "On My Way," and he really liked some of the lyrics:

My words are wrapped in barbwire

My actions speak for what I can't say

'Cause I fall one step forward

To push you away, push you away

I wish that I could listen

To all the advice that I give away

But it's hard to see things clearly

Through all of the pain, all of the pain

I'm caught in the rain, caught in the rain

Tell me you can't picture Chris writing or singing that!? Coldplay writes a new song and registers it, and while it sounds nothing like the original song, they have to credit the producers and Lea Michele for the lyrics. Think of the Leonard Cohen lyrics on "Up With The Birds."

can't see this happening at all. if, coldplay made a song with a sample from this song, coldplay would get higher credits than the other guys listed, not 2.5%-5%.

2. This is song is indeed going to be included in Rihanna's original concept album for Home and is an original song that borrows lyrics or sounds from Lea Michele's song "On My Way" which was written by the producers we see credited. Rihanna's name is not yet on the track as to remain secretive, and it will be a duet with Chris and the band will provide the music.

again for the same low credits, coldplay had little to do with this. so can't be their song.

3. This is merely a mashup song remixed to include Coldplay samples and "On My Way" samples for some other artist.

yeah, can see that happening.

4. For some odd reason, Coldplay has decided to go to this group of producers to help them write a song for LP7 and Lea Michele does guest vocals.

i hope that won't happen. even if it did, producers won't be credited more than the actual songwriters. remember for MX, eno was credited as a songwriter and he only got like 5% while coldplay got 19%s and 38% (chris) or something like that.

what i think is that this is a song that has little to do with coldplay and just samples their work.

I think the're sampling a Coldplay song. All the four Coldplay members are credited with an 'A' next to their names, so they are just the authors. Moreover, every artist credited on that song could be related with X-Factor ambients. Maybe it's a project that involves Coldplay and other artists to promote a new X-Factor edition somewhere.

so according to ASCAP, this is a song performed by a group called pentatonix. probably a song with a coldplay sample. and there is another new song listed called "Aurore Boréale", listing only coldplay as the writers and performer "JOKE". but seems it has something to do with this:

[video=youtube;X0bAeZqcVxU]

via @awardschris and coldplayzone.it

so according to ASCAP, this is a song performed by a group called pentatonix. probably a song with a coldplay sample. and there is another new song listed called "Aurore Boréale", listing only coldplay as the writers and performer "JOKE". but seems it has something to do with this:

pentatonix[/url]. probably a song with a coldplay sample. and there is another new song listed called "Aurore Boréale", listing only coldplay as the writers and performer "JOKE". but seems it has something to do with this:

:|

:|

*quietly takes headphones off and sets them on fire*