✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Six new song titles registered, including 'I'm a real bastard'

coldplay-interview.jpg

Six new song titles are registered on the ASCAP database! They are listed as Coldplay songs, with all four members of the band on the writing credits. Please take this at face value as their terms and conditions say they get info from third party sources and we know that all songs may not get released. Still, Mylo Xyloto songs were found on here before they were released so hopefully, these will be titles from 'A Head Full Of Dreams'

Take a look yourself, if you like : https://www.ascap.com/Home/ace-title-search/index.aspx 'Buckland Mark Jonathan' is best used to search because his writing credits are almost always Coldplay related. Use CTRL+F / find to search '888', the starting digits for the newest songs, including Miracles. Anything that starts with a lower number is an older song.

Big thanks to Mike (@Awardchris) for noticing these new additions. Here they are:

CLOSER TO HOME

I'M A REAL BASTARD

VOLDERMORTRASTAFARIAN TARGARYEN

RED WEDDING

STILL GOING STRONG

'I'm A Real Bastard' and 'Rastafarian Targaryen' being the obvious eyebrow raisers :laugh2: The former could possibly be for 'Red Nose Day' on the 21st May

For those many artists here would like to make predicted or 'spoof' covers for these six titles, it would be great to see ;)

What's your favourite title then?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely think those are for Red Nose Day.

And Safy, Targaryen is the last name of one of the main families in Game of Thrones. The first name is made up I think. Red Wedding is another reference to Game of Thrones.

Anyway, most of them sound like jokes so yeah definitely Red Nose Day. :nod:

'I'm a Real Bastard'

Hahahahahaha they're legends :lol:

Someone made that smiley album cover as a joke but let's be honest it doesn't seem that unlikely does it? There's no band quite like this one :wacky:

edit: ugh yes they're probably for Red Nose Day BUT STILL

And Safy, Targaryen is the last name of one of the main families in Game of Thrones. The first name is made up I think. Red Wedding is another reference to Game of Thrones.

Definetly agree with you.

thank you so much.. it was the most confusing title for me. I like Red Wedding as a title, it was the title of the episode Will starred in, right?

& I think I am the only one who is not surprised by I am a real bastard..I mean..yes they are real bastards, old news, haha :D

thank you so much.. it was the most confusing title for me. I like Red Wedding as a title, it was the title of the episode Will starred in, right?

& I think I am the only one who is not surprised by I am a real bastard..I mean..yes they are real bastards, old news, haha :D

yes, Will appeared in the " Red Wedding" in GOT

and " A Real Bastard " reminds me of GOT anyway..Jon Snow :D

i really want to watch the skit now. but imagine if they came up with song themes and titles like these for lp7? that would throw everyone on a spin more than midnight did :lol:

anyway this is exciting. even if jokey songs, they are new coldplay songs!

obviously for Red Nose Day! except Still Going Strong and Closer to Home? I don't even know anymore... :P

Still Going Strong definitely a joke about how people keep saying it's the end of Coldplay? Or a joke about One Direction? :lol:

Closer to Home is the only one that sounds normal and could be for an actual song, to me.

If they're indeed decoy titles, they're pretty specific and incredibly weird i think. But yeah if we don't hear them at Red Nose Day then they're most likely decoy titles indeed.

• Like 1

anyway, Lamhein shouldn't be included here since this was noted before. this is the song that has a writing credit for an indian writer and thought to be a coldplay sample for that guy. so altogether 5 new registrations.

I'm A Real Bastard would be an amazing name!! None of your head full of dreams wishy washy sentimental shite!!

In all seriousness though, this could lead somewhere interesting - Tomorrow is a contender for me, don't really know why haha.

It's also very unlikely that they'll perform 6 songs

I'd imagine, if they're for Red Nose Day, that those "songs" are more like 30 seconds snippets, and that they're registered because it's a charity event and they wouldn't want any money or something to be made other than for charity in that purpose.