✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Avicii / Chris Martin, Heaven and

@AwardChris

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the share!

I'll be curious to see if this actually gets released. The vocals still feel kind of demo quality to me, and frankly I think this updated production/tempo feels pretty dull and they got rid of the acoustic guitar?

A bummer because I think this song has a strong hook. I don't know really how to put my finger on it, it just feels kind of vapid if you ask me -- which was kind of my criticism with Avicii's music in the first place. Honestly, if this song actually came to a version that felt more lively and had better vocals and real instrumentation, I think it could have been another hit single like "Wake Me Up"

• Like 2

Hey guys, apparently the final mastered version of Heaven just leaked. Grab it here before it's gone:

https://thebeatmix.net/nextcloud/s/GSpyJXRLefJn5eY/download

I managed to grab it so I can share if the link goes down.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I honestly wasn't expecting Chris' vocal in the final mixed version to be honest so I am kind of surprised by that, but I think they slowed the tempo down?

That actually sounds more like somebody with the stems did a mix of his own or actually an even earlier demo than the one we had. The sidechain compression is off, the mixing is off and it uses the vocal takes that can be seen muted on the protools session. I heavily doubt that this is the final mix, I heavily doubt that his producer friends would cone up with such an amateur job.

• Like 2

That actually sounds more like somebody with the stems did a mix of his own or actually an even earlier demo than the one we had. The sidechain compression is off, the mixing is off and it uses the vocal takes that can be seen muted on the protools session. I heavily doubt that this is the final mix, I heavily doubt that his producer friends would cone up with such an amateur job.
Yeah I hadn't listened to it before posting but it does sound unfinished as well. Oh well, just another version to add to my playlist lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a small tidbit. After A Sky Full of Stars and Heaven sessions where done and Chris' version didn't come to fruition and put to a project, Heaven was passed and almost got recorded for Madonna's "Rebel Heart" album. Madonna passed on it when her schedule got overwhelmed with recordings she could not finish with Avicii because of his health and schedule issues, which eventually resulted in the album being stripped by his production as a whole in the end result. Man, the Avicii produced version/demo of "Borrowed Time" is a masterpiece, I wonder how it would sound if Heaven ended up being recorded.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
In case someone is interested; I have a mp3 file and a flac file of the full (leaked) song in great quality.

I wouldn't mind a lossless version of that aswell. I know some friends that had it but I was way too bored to ask! (feels stupid)

• Like 1

Hope it will be a big hit single too!

Hope it gets a music video, or at least a lyric video with great visuals.

Can't help but feel this song as 'A Sky Full Of Stars part 2' because of the sound/progression it has!

• Like 3

Is this the final version or the one that leaked a few weeks back?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

This one was leaked a few weeks ago, I think. But this one seems longer than the other demo's I had heard.

It definitely sounds like a final version to my ears.