✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Avicii / Chris Martin, Heaven and

@AwardChris

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

feels quite repetitive imho

I agree, I liked the hypnotic progression they have, but it doesnt change much from it. It was nice to hear for the first half, but 4+ minutes of it without much change makes it a little boring.

It's all a matter of getting used to the new version. I mean we had years to getting used to the demos that were leaking. Give yourselfs some time to adjust. I'm so thrilled that finally the track is a thing!

• Like 6

It's finally here!!!! What an amazing tune this is.... Love it.

I know what some of you're talking about. It indeed gets quite repetitive at one point point but actually isn't something unfamilar, is it?

I also have a feeling that there are too much layers of Chris' voice at a time at certain moments, you know what I mean? As if the song is crammed with melodies during the (pre-)choruses. For example: the ''and went to heaven, ah oh oh oh ooh....) parts sound a bit too much to my ears.

The production sounds quite well. I really like the raw sound of that electric guitar in the background.. The percussion and everything else sounds nice. The piano starting from 2:25 has a chesty sound to my ears which I really like.

• Like 3

The TIM album is fantastic!

I love Peace Of Mind, Heart Upon My Sleeve, SOS and Excuse me Mr Sir especially.

As for Heaven, I’m so happy that this is released after all this time and hype! But Heaven official vs Heaven Leaked definitely has differences. I think I’m leaning more towards the leaked version as the better version. Of course they’re essentially the same but there’s little moments and intricacies like acoustic plucks and this other whistling synth in the refrain which are missing in the official version. Also I prefer the last ‘heaven’ which ends the song instead of the abrupt unexpected ending in the official. However the official does have a mint breakdown which emphasises Chris’s ‘oooooooooooooOOOOOOHHHHH!” instead of being a background sound in the leaked version.

• Like 1

I'm just glad the version with Chris is finally seeing the light of day outside of leaks. I never liked the version with the other singer very much. Chris fits the song so much better.

Wait, did Chris sing the song instead of someone else? I've never heard of this story.

• 3 weeks later...

I had an idea for a music video for this song. But my version would have it to where CM is singing the song with clips of Tim, Tim & CM in the studio together and something like what is in the video.

Now I'm emotional

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I've been looking for this thread for minutes!

I don't know if it is just me, but I really like Heaven with Simon Aldred doing vocals.

You can't compare Chris' voice to someone else's voice obviously.

If I just listen to the Simon Aldred version of Heaven, it sounds beautiful too. Here's a live performance of Simon singing the song on an Avicii Tribute concert:

• Like 1