✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Strokes

mburn

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have kind of mixed feelings about "You're So Right" because it's less "my style" than "Under Cover of Darkness," but I do really think it's a grower. I just kind of had to get over the creepy vibe first.

The 30-second previews are AMAZING, though. I think they show real promise, even if they're kind of a bit less classic-sounding than I was hoping for. My instantaneous impression was that it sounds like most of it was recorded in 1986, in the same way that Is This It sounds like it could have been recorded in 1977. Two of them, I won't say which for people that want to save the surprise, sound almost like rip-offs of preexisting songs, though, one of which has been referred to in the track-by-track reviews.

OK actually you can't listen there anymore...it looks like the radio station pulled the songs, probably because they weren't authorised to post them yet. This is the SECOND TIME this has happened regarding this album, seemingly.

But the songs are like...everywhere on the internet already, haha. Check Twitter or Tumblr if you have them and you're bound to find them...

(I'm perfectly aware my Tumblr is filled with fangirlishness, OK :P)

You go, Katie! :dance:

I really do admire people that wait just for the willpower. Which is something I don't have when it comes to things like The Strokes. I also just think it adds to my personal experience to get it drip by drip and then hear how it all comes together later--it's part of the experience for me.

BUT. I think you are going to LOVE these two songs :wacky:. I have a newfound appreciation for Valensi.