• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^:awesome:

You should listen to some more!

Try 'Someday', 'Last Night' and 'You Only Live Once'. They're my favourites :P

HARD TO EXPLAIN AND BARELY LEGAL :heart:

It's bit average, but I rather like it.

It's not like an epic groundbreaking song or anything, but after all these years, I was really scared that this album might be totally different, which I didn't want. I'm just ecstatic to know that this new album is going to be more of The Strokes that we've loved all these years. I usually hate when an artist drastically changes its style, especially when the band is an iconic American band with one of the best styles America has ever heard.

Not sure if any of that makes sense...

I think it's the colors that get me the most, and the contrast of the checkerboard. It's just...loud. I get tired of looking at it quickly. It's probably meant ironically, and whatever floats their boat, of course, but the more I see it the more I don't like it. It just brings to mind the trendy hipster bands that I don't get the big deal over rather than something more classic looking, like I think their other album covers are. I look at that and think Wavves, not Strokes.

But like I say, I think album art can only help an album, not harm it. It's the music that matters. I just won't be hanging a poster of this on my wall, haha.

This song could be better.

I think the fans are more excited for The Strokes coming back and are getting that confused with the quality of the song.

If this song is any indication of what the rest of the album is gonna be like ............................................................................. :sick:

Not to say it has horrible! It just wasn't A+

more like C... C-

This. I found the song disappointing, especially the chorus :sick:

I still can't get enough of their old stuff though :bomb: !

This song could be better.

I think the fans are more excited for The Strokes coming back and are getting that confused with the quality of the song.

If this song is any indication of what the rest of the album is gonna be like ............................................................................. :sick:

Not to say it has horrible! It just wasn't A+

more like C... C-

Certainly not in my case. I actually hated the 30 second preview and thought 'oh dear this album is going to suck'. My opinion has nothing to do with my excitement really. I wasn't even too excited for the album until I heard this song actually.

I love the new song and no it's not cos of the hype&excitement, I just genuenly really like it. It makes me all happy and makes me want to dance around and stuff. I think it sounds like summer :wacky: I hate hate hate the album artwork though, I was really hoping that it was another joke but nooope...It's just...tacky imo it has nothing interesting or doesn't look good or anything, to me it just looks like something that a kid could've drawn in math class at the age of 12 or smthing..but that's just what I think of it ofc and I agree with Chels that it's the music that matters but mehh the cover just annoys me :P

Everything about this post :D :D

I feel like I have an inordinate amount of love for the single and an inordinate amount of hate for the artwork. But there's something about the song that just really grabs me. It beat all my expectations, which were high to begin with.

Oh, and NEW SONG ON TUESDAY! :dance: Albert said it was another song off Angles, but I'm not entirely sure if that means it's going to be one of the nine other songs on the actual album or if it's going to be a previously-mentioned B-side, like "Radio Minor Madness." I'm hoping for the latter.

I was really bitter about the MSG date last night, because I fly home to NYC a measly week after the show. But I'm seeing them at Coachella a few weeks after that...and I have a feeling the ticket sales are going to be an absolute shitshow. I remembered how notoriously suckish it is to try and get good seats, or seats at all, for a popular band in an iconic venue. Anyway, that's me making myself feel better about missing their homecoming gig :P

http://www.nme.com/news/the-strokes/55058

The Strokes to release new ‘Angles’ song on March 1 The Strokes Tickets Date / Time Venue Town/City Seetickets Viagogo

Jul 17, 2011 00:00 Recinto De Conciertos Benicassim Spain Buy The Strokes Tickets

from £172

Band releasing song from new album as a B-side

February 20, 2011 | 0 CommentsBuy The Strokes Music from Amazon UKThe Strokes news RSS feedMore The Strokes news, reviews, videos and tour dates

The Strokes are releasing a song from their forthcoming new album ‘Angles’, as the B-side to new single ‘Under Cover Of Darkness’.

According to the band's official website Thestrokes.com, ‘You’re So Right’ will be made available on March 1 in the US as the B-Side to the single, but only on seven-inch vinyl format.

The vinyl single is set to be released on April 16 in the UK, for Record Store Day.

'Angles' will be released in the UK on March 21, while 'Under Cover Of Darkness' has already been released as a free download. The band are expected to tour Europe in July.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk_w-YyJbfY]YouTube - The Strokes - Making of Angles: EP1[/ame]

The first part of the making of Angles re-edited by Ryan. He says there are three parts total: the second to be released next week and the third the week after that. You can hear little bits of a couple of the new songs :)