✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[18-SEP-2015] Coldplay iHeartRadio Music Festival, Las Vegas

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that was disappointing lol.

The wreaths of flowers are called "haars" in Hindi/Urdu.

The script written on the amplifiers is just "Coldplay" written in Hindi Devanagri script.

source: me. I'm South Asian and have studied Hindi/Urdu enough to understand that that read Coldplay lol :)

Here's to hoping there's no white man cultural appropriation debacle in the works. I'd hate for that to happen with my favorite band.

IHeartRadio crowd sucks, it wouldn't have felt right for them to release a new song with such a weak response. On to the next.

I would also prefer they release the studio version of any track before they play it live. I remember feeling very disappointed with the production off MX because I had so thoroughly enjoyed the live mix of a lot of MX era songs that were ruined due to poor production (Major Minus especially. That was such a bummer)

Well... nothing happened. :D They did sound off, like it just was not their night. From the Viva problems to Chris' voice, they have sounded much better. Fix You was the highlight for me, the rest of the songs were average. At least it was cool to see them all together though. That's one thing I'm thankful for.

Umm, I did not see any 'off-ness' at all. They actually performed a lot better than I thought. I didn't see Chris trying to impress the crowd. I didn't see Chris look off at the end (he was just admiring the crowd no?).

Sure, they didn't play a new track, but look at what we did ​get!

Umm, I did not see any 'off-ness' at all. They actually performed a lot better than I thought. I didn't see Chris trying to impress the crowd. I didn't see Chris look off at the end (he was just admiring the crowd no?).

Sure, they didn't play a new track, but look at what we did ​get!

I recorded both the video and the audio... and at the beginning of ASFOS he says something weird. Like other lyrics or something. Then after all of that.... he's just looking around, eyes wide open. He really looked like he didn't know what to think. I really think something went wrong... Nonetheless their performance was pretty cool. But I just don't get it. Why would they bring out all that stuff, the new background, lots of new stuff... and not play one new thing. There was the AHFOD vibe to it. I really think something went wrong. Also, they said that they were going to bring a special guest on stage.... and it never happneed. Something went wrong. I feel it. I felt it at the end of Fix You... something went wrong. I don't know.

I would also prefer they release the studio version of any track before they play it live. I remember feeling very disappointed with the production off MX because I had so thoroughly enjoyed the live mix of a lot of MX era songs that were ruined due to poor production (Major Minus especially. That was such a bummer)

Same here but Hurts Like Heaven for me :nod: Distorting the hell out of Jonny's guitar for absolutely no reason.

I did like how Guy's bass sounded turned up tonight though. I definitely don't notice it as much in the studio versions of songs/other performances I've seen by them.

tUMBLR INCOOOOOMIIING !!

:lol::laugh3:

Thanks for the insight about the different stage elements!

Haha yes indeed! Ain't no shame in my game.

Seriously though, its a very legitimate concern not only from be but many other South Asian friends of mine who happen to be die hard Coldplay fans. There are many bands out there that have properly implemented South Asian music/culture into their work in a respectful fashion. Death Cab for Cutie did it well with their track Pity and Fear with the usage of tablas, and Bombay Bicycle Club did it seamlessly with "Feel," where they sampled a very old Bollywood track. Their music video was of a South Asian wedding and every person in that video was Desi, none of the band members were and I really respected them trying to at least be cognizant or respectful. It was classy of them.

Then there are debacles like Major Lazer and their video for "Lean On". Absolutely ridiculous. Ugh.

Coldplay to me has been synonymous with class, so I'm hoping they fall on the side of the former.

Is everybody seriously concerned about Chris's goofy face at the end? REALLY? Dont even tempt me to post all the images of him staring people to the ground during gigs LOL

Haha that is true.....we are all just grasping at possible explanations as to why there was no new song ;)

I recorded both the video and the audio... and at the beginning of ASFOS he says something weird. Like other lyrics or something. Then after all of that.... he's just looking around, eyes wide open. He really looked like he didn't know what to think. I really think something went wrong... Nonetheless their performance was pretty cool. But I just don't get it. Why would they bring out all that stuff, the new background, lots of new stuff... and not play one new thing. There was the AHFOD vibe to it. I really think something went wrong. Also, they said that they were going to bring a special guest on stage.... and it never happneed. Something went wrong. I feel it. I felt it at the end of Fix You... something went wrong. I don't know.

What I think:

Viva intro fucked up > Chris: "hOLY SHIT OMG WHATS HAPPENIN-oh it continues, better safe the song!

Chris being super conscious about everything probably thought about this fuck up throughout the entire performance and was anxious about it, that's maybe why he was like "oh damN" at the end because the gig wasnt perfect

or he was just staring because he doeS IT ALL THE TIME. But who knows :awesome:

Same here but Hurts Like Heaven for me :nod: Distorting the hell out of Jonny's guitar for absolutely no reason.

I did like how Guy's bass sounded turned up tonight though. I definitely don't notice it as much in the studio versions of songs/other performances I've seen by them.

Ohhhh gosh yes! Hurts Like Heaven was so disappointing to my ears as well. :( Ughhh

And the live version of Us Against the World was MIIIILES ahead of the studio version. Thinking of MX production just makes me very, very sad altogether :(

I also got this feeling, he sounded most off in Paradise. Considering he got better as it went on, I wonder if they weren't happy the way the guy (Elvis?) basically threw something on the floor after they were kind the first time and was like "let's see if we can make them do anything like a trained dog." I found it classless. You don't treat someone like that, especially not on live tv. Maybe they decided not to play the song after that.

Agreed. I hope they don't come back to that event for a long time. "Aww, Chris is so polite, I'm gonna drop my paper again so everyone can see how kind he is."

Give me a break. :angry:

The only reason I can think of why they did this, was because the record label or other executives forced them to. The lack of a huge tour from GS left their pockets empty. If Coldplay play this festival, they get $12 million. Yup, they pretty much tell Coldplay that they are doing it. I honestly can't think of any other reason why they would stop work on the album, come out with new clothes, a new set, and just for a one off gig. Anyone else care to guess?

Haha yes indeed! Ain't no shame in my game.

Seriously though, its a very legitimate concern not only from be but many other South Asian friends of mine who happen to be die hard Coldplay fans. There are many bands out there that have properly implemented South Asian music/culture into their work in a respectful fashion. Death Cab for Cutie did it well with their track Pity and Fear with the usage of tablas, and Bombay Bicycle Club did it seamlessly with "Feel," where they sampled a very old Bollywood track. Their music video was of a South Asian wedding and every person in that video was Desi, none of the band members were and I really respected them trying to at least be cognizant or respectful. It was classy of them.

Then there are debacles like Major Lazer and their video for "Lean On". Absolutely ridiculous. Ugh.

Coldplay to me has been synonymous with class, so I'm hoping they fall on the side of the former.

Yes. this is nice when they respect the culture and don't just put stereotypes into their songs/videos.

On the other hand, I could never ever get as butthurt over the latter as some people... I mean, if Coldplay were to take some German elements into their song and only make beer references, I'd be mildly annoyed and roll my eyes, but not flip my shit and hate them for the rest of my life. Some people/fans just need to chill <__<