✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I ran away

Can't believe that the Coldplaying interview in the end did not include the winning question (What would the Coldplay of 1998 think about the Coldplay of 2015) of our big voting. What's the point of voting if the winner is ignored ?

I'm not saying the other questions were bad, but that the winning question was not included is strange to say the least.

• Like 1

Can't believe that the Coldplaying interview in the end did not include the winning question (What would the Coldplay of 1998 think about the Coldplay of 2015) of our big voting. What's the point of voting if the winner is ignored ?

I'm not saying the other questions were bad, but that the winning question was not included is strange to say the least.

Just a symptom of the current Coldplay sycophantic era and the newest fans they've acquired. It's a lost cause at the moment.

Just a symptom of the current Coldplay sycophantic era and the newest fans they've acquired.

please at least read and be informed before making unfounded comments. some people are never satisfied. smh.

• Like 2

please at least read and be informed before making unfounded comments. some people are never satisfied. smh.

They want vetted and "easy" questions. It's very symptomatic of what they've become. Why not answer such a simple question?

They want vetted and "easy" questions. It's very symptomatic of what they've become. Why not answer such a simple question?

i don't want to waste my time, if you want to know how the interview happened, it's in the interview thread.

Just a symptom of the current Coldplay sycophantic era and the newest fans they've acquired. It's a lost cause at the moment.

God, is every single thing you don't like about them because of their new fans? Why would them not wanting to answer more harder or personal questions have anything to do with their new fans that supposedly, aren't loyal and have bad taste in music? It's not like they were ever very open to those kinds of questions.

• Like 2

I understood that the problem is not the band itself... they only became too big and the management in these case must work like this. It may be disappointing, but that's the way it goes.

Guy has the most beautiful musical taste of the band, nothing unexpected but very glad to know.

• Like 3

Merry Christmas and Happy 2016 to you too

Thanks, with my post i mean most of the last 10 sites on this thread - not your last posting. It is important to have several views and opinions.

But only bashing is very childish - especially after saying 100 times that the last album is shitty - it cant get worse :-)

I love the old stuff - and i like some of the new stuff, but i would never insult the band for making the music they want them to do. Thats all!

Merry Christmas! I wish you all joyful and peaceful days with your family & friends!

Btw, about "the management vetoed it": I do not doubt this is true, but only because the band themselves condone this kind of behaviour. Yes, they get loads of interview requests every day but imho you are right to be a tad disappointed when all the time they have for their LARGEST fan site in the web is a...20 minute interview of selected questions with half the band. Yes, they have busy lives but even the busiest person on earth could devote more than that every two or three years. I know it is not common among rock stars but I am a little disappointed of Coldplay here.

And please don't kill me for this comment.

• Like 1

Because i love "Oldplay". And i wanted to join this thread to celebrate these amazing songs like this

Oh, OK. Well, welcome then. I just read your comment "Disgusting" and thought you had come here to bash the thread.

It is natural you will find more criticism here than in any other part of Coldplaying though, and many of us are not really in agreement with the newer musical direction. But yeah, the main focus used to be on celebrating Oldplay.

• Like 2

Not to read how aweful they are actual. Or is this a basic rule? (love old - hate new). ;-)

I really really wished I could love their newer efforts, but I just can't do it, it's my fault probably or probably not. For example, I hate people who would love "A Song Full Of Burps" only because it has the Coldplay label on it and would even say something like "OMFG, It's just the best song eva, I'm crying of happiness oh Chris you're so sexy please marry me" and so on, but nobody tells to people like this to shut the f* up and calm down because praise is always well received even if it's not deserved.

This kind of behaviour is called hipocrisy and that's the thing I hate most on this planet. I always try to stay true to myself and say what's i my mind and be honest when giving my opinions about anything and, since there's freedom of speech on the net, I'm allowed to do so without being attacked every single time I explain why I am so disappointed.

I never say anything to the kind of people I mentioned above because they are free to say what they want, you can imagine that I disagree with all my heart but, hey, that's democracy. The only thing I ask is that I want to be treated the same way and being respected for what I feel.

There are a lot of people that feel like the ones who write in this space that already abandoned the ship a long time ago who loved the band more than me and you combined, but I am different and I always have the idea they'll come back one day with a great, gorgeous and flawless album like in the Oldplay era and unless it comes off I don't want to leave as well.

So feel free to discuss with me and the others about anything you want, but don't say that this is disgusting, it's only a natural reaction by people who knows that they can do so much better than this embarassing album they put off some weeks ago.

And if Chris thinks I feel good when I attack their music he's wrong, how can I feel good if my favourite band plays colourful but meaningless s*?

I hope I explained well enough why this thread exists.

• Like 2

Guest kmm1482

I think some posts in here (I include myself) have tended to veer a bit into the cynical, poking fun realm, but for the most part, I think this thread has held onto to belief that what made us fall in love with the band in beginning is nearly unrecognizable. We kept holding out hope with each album release and I think with AHFOD and some interviews it seems as if we'll never see that pre-MX band again and that saddens us. We see it as a reliance on songs that we hear constantly on the Top 40's chart

i would have really enjoyed this thread had it not been for the high-school like clique-y mentality, the sense of superiority and entitlement displayed by some posters. but i still visit this thread once in a while just to reminisce the old times, coldplay's golden era in my books.

• Like 5

So feel free to discuss with me and the others about anything you want, but don't say that this is disgusting, it's only a natural reaction by people who knows that they can do so much better than this embarassing album they put off some weeks ago.

Okay, maybe disgusting was a bit too harsh. Sorry for that. Maybe it is simply sad for me to see, that some of the comments are full of hate. There will be always pros & cons. For me some of the last comments after my posting show that there isn't only pure hate - i respect your opinion.

But references to "gestapo" are quite ...strange.

Guest kmm1482
i would have really enjoyed this thread had it not been for the high-school like clique-y mentality, the sense of superiority and entitlement displayed by some posters. but i still visit this thread once in a while just to reminisce the old times, coldplay's golden era in my books.

Thanks??

Guest kmm1482

To me, there is no hate in this thread. I believe what you see as hate, i see as frustration. It's a frustration with letting go of a sound you've loved so much since you first heard it and has been with you for major moments in your life