✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I ran away

Thank you for your sophisticated assessment, and have a good day yourself too !

when you see people fighting like this, spitting on music like this, and considerading other people inferior just because of their taste in music, this place can only be described as a shithole

if it were just a place to share their opinions with compelling proof and comparisons, i would've liked it, but this is just about pure hate about coldplay and the people who enjoy other genres, im not referring to you but other people but i cant be bothered remembering their username

• Like 1

I wouldn't kill you over it but I'd like a thorough explanation as to why this exclusive interview was not sufficient enough for your liking. We are grateful for Guy and Will taking the time to answer questions brought up by our peers. However, I would like to know at what specific point do you believe this interview was lacking critical information? I don't know about you, but I would love to spend 20 minutes asking Mr. Berryman and Mr. Champion various questions about music, the songwriting process and life in general. We must learn to be grateful in life for what we have. Now I know you're extremely busy with this thread and the awards section, with voting and all; but I expect a full page response, 250+ words as to why this interview was not up to your standards. I'm sure you can make the time for this of course. Happy holidays.

It it not the interview itself that I did not like (once again - well done Batman, and thanks for bringing it to us !) but the framework conditions for the interview given by the band's management/indirectly the band itself, too. I am grateful that this interview was possible but at the same time...honestly, I can't see how I could rephrase it in a better way, so I'l just cite from my previous post:

"Yes, they get loads of interview requests every day but imho you are right to be a tad disappointed when all the time they have for their LARGEST fan site in the web is a...20 minute interview of selected questions with half the band. Yes, they have busy lives but even the busiest person on earth could devote more than that every two or three years. I know it is not common among rock stars but I am a little disappointed of Coldplay here."

Don't forget that without their large fanbase, the band would not be where they are now. I know this closeness to fans is not how rock/pop music in general works, but what is wrong with questioning a "system" like that ? Why do we always only have to agree with everything about the band ? For me, fandom also means benevolent criticism. Without benevolent and most importantly, constructive criticism fandom would be meaningless. I have always abhorred the idea of an uncritical fandom to anything.

this place can only be described as a shithole

Don't you think this wording is in itself an insult so very much like those that you dislike about this thread ?

Anyway, I'm off. No point in spending Christmas Day fighting in an online forum. Merry Christmas you all !

• Like 1

"Yes, they get loads of interview requests every day but imho you are right to be a tad disappointed when all the time they have for their LARGEST fan site in the web is a...20 minute interview of selected questions with half the band. Yes, they have busy lives but even the busiest person on earth could devote more than that every two or three years. I know it is not common among rock stars but I am a little disappointed of Coldplay here."

Don't forget that without their large fanbase, the band would not be where they are now. I know this closeness to fans is not how rock/pop music in general works, but what is wrong with questioning a "system" like that ? Why do we always only have to agree with everything about the band ?

Not to directly criticize the band (and they've got the freedom to make their own choice too), but I ran away has got a point you know... Maybe she could have timed it and worded it better, but it is an interesting juxtaposition that a band as earnest and genuine as Coldplay don't do a direct interview from time-to-time more routinely with their biggest fan site / any other fan site for that matter. I may be a bit naive, but I would've thought it'd be a delightful and rewarding experience all round... The fans would get to ask (and find out) more than the usual run of the mill questions, while the band get a chance to think about more insightful issues (that they may not necessarily have thought about in their busy lives) and connect meaningfully with their fans

• Like 1

If you think Coldplay's management wouldn't have done similar things during the X&Y era you're kidding yourselves. Coldplay are one of the biggest bands in the world right now, and they've just released an album they're working like hell to promote. They're not going to have a lot of spare time. I think it's wonderful Thalia was given the opportunity to ask the questions she did.

• Like 1

^ A wonderful opportunity for Thalia and Coldplaying for sure... And of course the band are busy now with the recent release of AHFOD. But in the grand scheme of things, surely they could spare some time (eg in their off years) to do a periodic interview with their more serious fan base from time-to-time eg once every era or two? I missed a big chunk of time at Coldplaying in the last few years, but I don't recall interviews ever being done with any of their fan sites / longer-term fans with more than just a passing interest in the band... Sure Debs ran the Oracle for a number of years, but that is quite different to the band directly responding to questions in their own words / expressing their own views or opinions

• Like 2

Guest kmm1482
Thank you for your sophisticated assessment, and have a good day yourself too !

If only there were some kind of moderator to tell us to take "chill pills" and "reconsidering our wording"

Guest kmm1482
:D

ahhh this thread. As long as you're all not ripping each other's heads off I'll sit in my corner and merely observe.

Best Thread of 2015 - Coldplay Section!

I won't argue it any further. This bickering is pointless. If you don't like it that's fine, you don't have to. I'm gonna go dance to Hymn For The Weekend and have a great time with it. Good day to you.

Why are you on the Oldplayer thread?!?!

Anyway, enjoy your dull music and Merry Christmas :-)

Guest kmm1482
*peeks from under her cover after two days of hiding and is relieved to find this place has not yet blown up in a fight between Oldplayers and Newplayers*

What I think we need to do is collect ourselves, rethink this thread, and turn it into an AHFOD lovefest. We should embrace and celebrate all things Beyoncé and Beiber and think about how lucky we our to have Coldplay rave and club music that makes our hearts go "ba-boom ba-boom chicka chicka boom"

What I think we need to do is collect ourselves, rethink this thread, and turn it into an AHFOD lovefest. We should embrace and celebrate all things Beyoncé and Beiber and think about how lucky we our to have Coldplay rave and club music that makes our hearts go "ba-boom ba-boom chicka chicka boom"

=== The ultimate Newplaying Thread===MX, GS, AHFOD===

Coming soon !

;)

• Like 2

4bb27f490373ae3db6ca6b8cfe17a0fb.jpg

4bb27f490373ae3db6ca6b8cfe17a0fb.jpg

Aww give the kid some credit (even if it's cheap credit) - he did Tweet to his fans to support the NHS Christmas single, which apparently is now UK No. 1 - what a sad state of affairs when your own national Public Health Service has to resort to selling singles to raise money and awareness for its own cash-strapped state...

Chris is soooooooooo hunky, look at his muscles and colourful t-shirt!!!!! chrisizlifexxxx

[ATTACH=full]3635[/ATTACH]

Take that back to the Gorgeous Chris thread! You're hurting our eyes... :P

• Like 2

Guest kmm1482
Back to business people, I want to see some quality posts.

I know I'm a day late but w/e

Ahhhh, Chris and a piano. Good for the soul [emoji5]️[emoji5]️