✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I ran away

After listen their old material, i chose listen Prospekt March EP, omg how good is that ep, and Viva era, now i dont stop listening Rainy Day, such a beautiful song.

Rainy Day, Postcards From Far Away, Prospekt's March, Glass Of Water....

...oh that time when they were inspired and original

• Like 2

Guest howyousawtheworld
This is all you need:

71qTRrDxMFL._SL1500_.jpg

It really is as simple as that.

Parachutes - 7.5/10

AROBTTH - 9.5/10

X&Y - 8/10 (this is a very nostalgic score. I'm amazed by the personal fondness for an album that is otherwise much maligned - yes it might not be as good as Parachutes on a song writing level but I rank it higher due to my own personal fondness. It's grand, it soars, it stumbles but even when it does stumble my god you cheer it on loudly!!)

VLVODAAHF - 9/10

And just for further reference:

MX - 6/10

GS - 5.5/10

AHFOD - 3/10...rock bottom

I can only imagine that AHFOD is to us lot what Phantom Menace was to so many Star Wars fans. And no one ever said Phantom Menace was a good film unless they were clinically insane.

It really is as simple as that.

Parachutes - 7.5/10

AROBTTH - 9.5/10

X&Y - 8/10 (this is a very nostalgic score. I'm amazed by the personal fondness for an album that is otherwise much maligned - yes it might not be as good as Parachutes on a song writing level but I rank it higher due to my own personal fondness. It's grand, it soars, it stumbles but even when it does stumble my god you cheer it on loudly!!)

VLVODAAHF - 9/10

And just for further reference:

MX - 6/10

GS - 5.5/10

AHFOD - 3/10...rock bottom

I can only imagine that AHFOD is to us lot what Phantom Menace was to so many Star Wars fans. And no one ever said Phantom Menace was a good film unless they were clinically insane.

Most of the users on this forum (not this thread) love the Phantom Menace ;-)

So damn underrated:(, the track above is in my top ten Coldplay songs:D

It's not just Such A Rush, the entire early EPs are so underrated. They may not have been on the best level technically and sound-wise, but they are so deeply atmospheric and melancholic that they can really rival Parachutes ! It's a shame they are so underrated.

On another note: We have gone beyond 1000 posts in this thread yesterday, congratulations !

If you love us, won't you let us know ?

You haven't yet cast your vote for the Coldplaying awards ? Make sure to vote the Oldplaying thread in the category "Best thread of 2015 - Coldplay section" !

• Like 1

Ohh right! I know that story of Crazy Frog keeping Speed of Sound off the top spot. You're right, I could use a proxy to watch it, but then I'll just get angry and puzzled that something so ridiculous could beat Speed of Sound :D

Maybe Chris realized from this what kind of songs can make it to the top of the charts and "learned" from it for his later work :D

Another baffling thing on AHFOD, the Obama speech. It's bizzare, out of place and almost creepy. It just makes no sense and sounds horrible. I can't think what they were thinking putting it in.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Well I was against the inclusion of Obama too but to be fair he only has a small part at the end, you can barely hear him singing. Are you referring to the poem recital by Coleman Barks, perhaps ?

Well I was against the inclusion of Obama too but to be fair he only has a small part at the end, you can barely hear him singing. Are you referring to the poem recital by Coleman Barks, perhaps ?

Ahhhh ok, yeah it's the poem although Obama singing is quite cringe also.

^ I actually rather like the poem! I was hoping one of the guys was going to recite it though (fingers were crossed for Guy, but I think getting him to tackle audible vocals is always going to be a pipe dream lol)

On another note, I was listening to the X&Y instrumentals this morning and I was just so blown away by all of the little details they put into that album. I don't listen to X&Y often, which is odd considering it's my favorite after Viva and ARoBttH! How I miss all those little things like the almost-imperceptible bass kick+hi-hat combo underlaying the piano of Fix You during the final verse :(

• Like 1

^ I actually rather like the poem! I was hoping one of the guys was going to recite it though (fingers were crossed for Guy, but I think getting him to tackle audible vocals is always going to be a pipe dream lol)

On another note, I was listening to the X&Y instrumentals this morning and I was just so blown away by all of the little details they put into that album. I don't listen to X&Y often, which is odd considering it's my favorite after Viva and ARoBttH! How I miss all those little things like the almost-imperceptible bass kick+hi-hat combo underlaying the piano of Fix You during the final verse :(

The mix is such a mess on AHFOD, you can barely hear any instruments, the sound is so crushed. Miss the days you could actually individually hear them :-(

My absolute favourite live performance is X&Y live @ Austin City Limits 2006.

Other honourable mentions are:

Square One @ Toronto 2006

Everything's Not Lost @ Glastonbury 2011 (pre-MX era)

Talk @ EMA 2005

... and for Newplayers:

Warning Sign @ Torino (Italy) 2012

Strawberry Swing @ 2012 Paralympics Games Closing Ceremony in London

• Like 1

Guest howyousawtheworld
My absolute favourite live performance is X&Y live @ Austin City Limits 2006.

Other honourable mentions are:

Square One @ Toronto 2006

Everything's Not Lost @ Glastonbury 2011 (pre-MX era)

Talk @ EMA 2005

... and for Newplayers:

Warning Sign @ Torino (Italy) 2012

Strawberry Swing @ 2012 Paralympics Games Closing Ceremony in London

White Shadows and Politik from Toronto was great as well. Brilliant show all round. Mega.

Guest howyousawtheworld
You know how much I hate Stargate and no offence meant there, but I always find Hitler analogies of any kind highly inappropriate.

Has this forum become possessed by the ghost of Mary Whitehouse?