✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I ran away

To me, there is no hate in this thread. I believe what you see as hate, i see as frustration. It's a frustration with letting go of a sound you've loved so much since you first heard it and has been with you for major moments in your life

Jees, the newplay gestapo are out in force today.

Yeah, that doesnt seem hateful or negative at all. The nazi comment? yeah, very 'festive'.

What I believe is failed to be understood is that most of us prefer the older sound as well. But there are 2 classes of oldplayers. The vocal ones that tend to point out flaws. And the rest of us who just let the new crowd/fans enjoy music without acting like they're plebs, 'cause they arent. I think Gai said what I wanted to say, which was the sense of superiority over newplay which is what erks us.

Please believe us when we say we share the frustration as well at times. But lashing out at the band or newplayers is not gonna bring them back. I made the comment on another thread about both side not being able to change the others' opinions. But there HAS to be some respect between the groups that is severely lacking. And respect is not saying newplayers have an underdeveloped taste in music, and its not calling newplayers the gestapo, and its not newplayers saying oldplayers are cranky old users.

• Like 3

Yeah, that doesnt seem hateful or negative at all. The nazi comment? yeah, very 'festive'.

What I believe is failed to be understood is that most of us prefer the older sound as well. But there are 2 classes of oldplayers. The vocal ones that tend to point out flaws. And the rest of us who just let the new crowd/fans enjoy music without acting like they're plebs, 'cause they arent. I think Gai said what I wanted to say, which was the sense of superiority over newplay which is what erks us.

Please believe us when we say we share the frustration as well at times. But lashing out at the band or newplayers is not gonna bring them back.

The "gestapo" comment is just a turn of phrase.

Of course lashing out at the band will bring them back. The only thing they will listen to is fans "lashing out" and sales declining. By being complicit in what they're currently doing and saying everything's fine, we give them credence to go and produce more rubbish.

They're all grown men and should be able to take constructive criticism and "difficult" questions and learn from their mistakes.

I think a poster above you said it, we feel very, very frustrated that they seem to be purposely throwing the immense talent they have down the drain.

Can't believe that the Coldplaying interview in the end did not include the winning question (What would the Coldplay of 1998 think about the Coldplay of 2015) of our big voting. What's the point of voting if the winner is ignored ?

I'm not saying the other questions were bad, but that the winning question was not included is strange to say the least.

I could see it coming off as hostile to someone reading it without proper context. Also that question could take a while to answer, even with 20 minutes it could have eaten a lot of time (not that I would have minded).

At least Guy really likes Daylight!!

How could he not love the juicy bass line he wrote on it, I hum along with it every time.

Ah this thread gives me life.

And to answer that "What would the Coldplay of 1998 think about the Coldplay of 2015" question issue: Hasn't this question alreay been answered several times? Chris and Jonny and Will basically said, in various interviews, that they have reach a point of satisfaction and carefreeness that they didn't dare to dream about in their early years. And that they have become a very content and relaxed band with each other over the time. So, I suppose, the answer would have been: " We would have been very satisfied with what we have become and how we evolved over the years"

You know, isn't that how the general vibe how they're behaving nowadays. Do you think they would have seriously said "Well uhh, we would have never thought we'd collaborate with so many other artists because that totally wasn't our style back then and in general yeah, we would have hated us now". I'm sorry I didn't ask the question but I thought it have somewhat been indirectly answered a few times by now. Not to mention that question would have been directed to the ENTIRE band and not just two of them.

Anyways, this is how I think about it, you certainly don't have to agree with me and can be mad at me for that, but I cannot change it back. I hope you still liked the other questions being answered though.

Now go listen to some "We Never Change" and enjoy life :3

• Like 8

They've reached a point of satisfaction and carefreeness? That point they've got so much money in the bank and so many fans they don't care what kind of crap they churn out!

Ah, personal tastes are wonderful, aren't they? I don't like their new album either, but I'll never call an album where a lot of work went into "crap" just because it doesn't appeal to me. Now why don't you take a few chill pills and reconsider your wording.

• Like 3

going back in topic, I don't know why but I feel like THIS HUGE ONE has something Christmas related in its atmosphere...

Well to me it doesn't really, but it still is an absolute delight to listen to!

But because of its somber tone it kind of fits to the ending of a year and colder temperatures maybe?

Anyways, thanks for posting, I have not listened to this one in a while =D

Guest kmm1482
Do you know what moderators are?

I sure do!!!! [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

Btw, about "the management vetoed it": I do not doubt this is true, but only because the band themselves condone this kind of behaviour. Yes, they get loads of interview requests every day but imho you are right to be a tad disappointed when all the time they have for their LARGEST fan site in the web is a...20 minute interview of selected questions with half the band. Yes, they have busy lives but even the busiest person on earth could devote more than that every two or three years. I know it is not common among rock stars but I am a little disappointed of Coldplay here.

And please don't kill me for this comment.

I wouldn't kill you over it but I'd like a thorough explanation as to why this exclusive interview was not sufficient enough for your liking. We are grateful for Guy and Will taking the time to answer questions brought up by our peers. However, I would like to know at what specific point do you believe this interview was lacking critical information? I don't know about you, but I would love to spend 20 minutes asking Mr. Berryman and Mr. Champion various questions about music, the songwriting process and life in general. We must learn to be grateful in life for what we have. Now I know you're extremely busy with this thread and the awards section, with voting and all; but I expect a full page response, 250+ words as to why this interview was not up to your standards. I'm sure you can make the time for this of course. Happy holidays.

• Like 5

I don't quite understand why people are mad about vetoed questions? What, do you think questions wouldn't have been vetoed a few years ago when you had Chris with an incident where he stormed out mid-interview? Or even without that...

I think Thalia's choice to not ask the winning question was fair given that most people would have wanted to hear the answer from Chris the most as well.

It gave me decent insight into some new things even if I wasn't super keen on the new album

• Like 1

But references to "gestapo" are quite ...strange.

I agree with you a hundred percent there, I have always said I do not condone any Nazi comparisons here but I only founded the thread so I have no control over what words people choose.

But really...be it Oldplayers or Newplayers, it's not necessary to cross lines like that here (and I have seen those kinds of words coming from both sides). For at the end of the day it's still only music we disagree about, keep that in mind everyone ! Merry Christmas !

• Like 2