✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I ran away

Today I listened to "I Ran Away" again, and although I can' put my finger on it something in this sound/atmosphere always takes me to another level every time I listen to it. Some nostalgia and melancholy, a cold winter's day with a blue sky, a departure,....I really can't tell why this particular song makes me feel that way.

• Like 2

Today I listened to "I Ran Away" again, and although I can' put my finger on it something in this sound/atmosphere always takes me to another level every time I listen to it. Some nostalgia and melancholy, a cold winter's day with a blue sky, a departure,....I really can't tell why this particular song makes me feel that way.

Dude I know that feel. I looooove the vocals on this song omg

But the song I get the most intense visuals and weird melancholy induced thoughts is "We Never Change". It feels like I'm standing in the middle of a forest with the autumn sun in my face and somewhere in the distance is a nice little wooden house with smoke coming out. But I'm not supposed to go there, because life's heaviness is nagging at my heels and I have to go back and leave this nice calm place.

*sighs*

aaaand I'm in that cloud again, DAMN YOU OLDPLAY

• Like 3

But the song I get the most intense visuals and weird melancholy induced thoughts is "We Never Change". It feels like I'm standing in the middle of a forest with the autumn sun in my face and somewhere in the distance is a nice little wooden house with smoke coming out. But I'm not supposed to go there, because life's heaviness is nagging at my heels and I have to go back and leave this nice calm place.

We Never Change takes me back to a short bus journey in which I appreciated it for the first time. It was winter but the sun was shining and I was returnign home from a work I didn't like and feeling sad, and this song just connected with me in that moment. Especially the part where Chris says "We never change, do weeeeee" (where he raises his voica at the end, in the second verse I believe)

I've got many of this kind of moments of "connection" with different ©oldplay songs.

• Like 1

Guest kmm1482
Dude I know that feel. I looooove the vocals on this song omg

*sighs*

aaaand I'm in that cloud again, DAMN YOU OLDPLAY

[ATTACH=full]3639[/ATTACH]

We Never Change takes me back to a short bus journey in which I appreciated it for the first time. It was winter but the sun was shining and I was returnign home from a work I didn't like and feeling sad, and this song just connected with me in that moment. Especially the part where Chris says "We never change, do weeeeee" (where he raises his voica at the end, in the second verse I believe)

I've got many of this kind of moments of "connection" with different ©oldplay songs.

I love reading people's moments or little stories they connect with Coldplay's older songs, because I can almost always kind of relate to them in a weird personal way. And yes, that part where his voice goes high like that is freaking beautiful!

I wish he could slower and softer songs like this again ;___;

• Like 1

it is not weird at all, we all humans are similar (like blood in vains and emotions and thoughts in the head) and we experiment similar things, that is why it sounds or feels similar and familiar

I love reading people's moments or little stories they connect with Coldplay's older songs, because I can almost always kind of relate to them in a weird personal way. And yes, that part where his voice goes high like that is freaking beautiful!

I wish he could slower and softer songs like this again ;___;

it is not weird at all, we all humans are similar (like blood in vains and emotions and thoughts in the head) and we experiment similar things, that is why it sounds similar and familiar

But we're living all such different lives D:

Anyways, this thread is nice and conveys nice feelings so I'll stick around for eternity :3

Yes, we all have our special Coldplay moments :)

Here's another one: The entire AROBTTH album brings me back to an evening when I sat in the university library at the windows on the second floor, working while listening to it (at a time when I had only just begun discovering Coldplay), and watching the summer's day turn into evening, dusk turn into darkness, people chatting below and finally no more voices below and complete darkness (I worked the entire night, it was a 24 hour library) :)

• Like 2

Guest kmm1482

Yellow is the very first song that made me love music and any particular band. Before that, I literally listened to only soundtracks. Nothing spoke to me enough to buy an album of one band. But the raw emotion and earnestness of Yellow wasn't like anything else on the radio. I reluctantly bought Parachutes hoping I wouldn't only love Yellow. It was a quiet, nice Spring night near midnight in my car with the engine off that Parachutes just washed over me and it almost gave me a high feeling. There are very few albums that have made me feel that since.

Guest kmm1482
Parachutes is just so "warm". I've never come across another album as "warm" as Parachutes (although AROBTTH follows closely)

Exactly. They were four guys just playing instruments with an "ah gee, I don't know, we just like songs about love, I guess" bashful attitude. Now, it seems like this, "SHIT YEAH! LET'S PARTY AND RAVE AND SING ABOUT BUTTERFLIES AND GETTING A TATTOO! WOOHOO!!"

Exactly. They were four guys just playing instruments with an "ah gee, I don't know, we just like songs about love, I guess" bashful attitude. Now, it seems like this, "SHIT YEAH! LET'S PARTY AND RAVE AND SING ABOUT BUTTERFLIES AND GETTING A TATTOO! WOOHOO!!"

I really miss the "organic", "warm", "full" sound of their early years. When you could still hear the screeching of fingers on guitar strings or the exhaling of Chris on Warning Sign :) Now everything feels so plastic and processed a hundred times through computers... :(

• Like 2

Guest kmm1482
I really miss the "organic", "warm", "full" sound of their early years. When you could still hear the screeching of fingers on guitar strings or the exhaling of Chris on Warning Sign :) Now everything feels so plastic and processed a hundred times through computers... :(

Easy now, that's starting to sound like hate [emoji6][emoji6]