✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I ran away

Guest howyousawtheworld
Reminiscing about Oldplay made me remember how fun The Lounge was back in 2008. Still doesn't feel like that long ago to me.

Hive of activity this forum was when I joined 7 years back. Was absolutely buzzing and crammed full of people with great music tastes (that were far more sophisticated and advanced than mine looking back in hindsight). Shadow of it's former self now.

I just want another "serious" video for once! We've gotten several silly ones in a row now--time for a change

Yeah but "serious" isn't a word in their vocabulary anymore. It'd make you think, if on the upcoming tour they'll purposely leave out songs like Violet Hill and Politik because it does not compute with the "happy" image/vibe they want to give off.

• Like 1

This is my new favorite picture....thought it would belong here....

Possible leak from new music video

b28379c514ae7a82a2933ec74fdf88a9.jpg

I've been thinking of this Teletubby association ever since MX, but that band picture really reinforced it when I saw it. You beat me to making a picture comparison.

• Like 1

In these non-optimistic comments I just want to share a thing that i read on coldplayzone.it...Chris said that during the tour they'll give the opportunity to the fans to choose a song to be played during the concert!...So at least,who will ever go and see them will have the chance to choose a great song :D

I think I'll choose arobtth,so great live!

Chris said that during the tour they'll give the opportunity to the fans to choose a song to be played during the concert!

I have a feeling he actually said...

Chris: We'll let fans pick what songs we'll play! (but only from MX, GS or AHFOD) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 2

I have a feeling he actually said...

Chris: We'll let fans pick what songs we'll play! (but only from MX, GS or AHFOD) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And I have the feeling it's more or less: "Everybody can say his opinion and from the hundreds/thousands of entries of each concert we'll pick the one WE like best...yeah, let's pick A Sky Full Of Stars !"

• Like 1

And I have the feeling it's more or less: "Everybody can say his opinion and from the hundreds/thousands of entries of each concert we'll pick the one WE like best...yeah, let's pick A Sky Full Of Stars !"

Basically...

Twisted Logic - 2005 votes

Princess of China - 10 votes

CM: Hey! We haven't played Princess of China in a while, we should bring it back!

• Like 1

JB can go and piss off with taking UK Christmas No 1, hope the other song that's a charity single mashup of Coldplay and Simon & Garfunkel receives the no 1 spot. I'll go mental if JB gets it:mad:

Err, wasn't that charity action years ago? I have seen that video before.

Twisted Logic - 2005 votes

Princess of China - 10 votes

CM: Hey! We haven't played Princess of China in a while, we should bring it back!

Yeah, exactly... And trust me, there will be enough people using their votes to vote for stuff like AOAL or Viva La Vida that will be in the setlist anyway because that's how deep many "fans" knowledge of Coldplay goes.

It's like those radio callers. When a song is being played 20 times per day already and it is wishlist and someone is on the phone and wishes for the same. Makes me think "Why the hell didn't you use your call to wish for something that never or rarely makes it to the radio, instead of wishing for something that would have been played within the next two ours anyway ?"

• Like 1

Mmm I'll better traslate the sentire post then :D

Its obviusly that they'll not play song that are already on the setlist... Btw, I'll riassume what he said: ''what we want for this tour is to give space to our fan and let them choose a song to be played. They'll have to motivate why they choose that song and then we'll be motivated to play it''...''Someone could ask to play The hardest part or to play Spies from Parachutes''

And ''we are happy to play our old song and in this tour we'll have a setlist that will really satisfy us''

Thats essentially what he said,so, this time I truly believe that they'll play songs that have been not played since years and if the majority of Coldplay fans not only know the last 2 albums,i guess we'll have some great moments :)