✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hymn for the Weekend

Coeurli

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

geeeeeez... that album cover tops the Mylo Xyloto one of it's throne of being fugly big time! :sick:

LOL. Dat font is pretty lame too. It's like someone throw up a Rainbow, an Unicorn and some animals and planet images from an encyclopedia and clean it up in the middle which appears the real cover and call it psychedelic.

EDIT: But I really like the idea of putting old photos of them as children.

I really hope so! If their biggest hit off the album will be a rocky song with Noel Gallagher I will die in peace.

:nod:

Coldplay and Noel are far and away my top two favorite artists. Just the thought of the two of them collaborating makes me want to cry. I'm already calling that whatever song he's on is going to be my favorite off AHFoD--especially if it sounds even remotely like anything off Chasing Yesterday.

At first I thought it said Hymn For The Weeknd and I immediately panicked haha. :lol:

There's no way this song won't be the second single, since it seems to be the other talked-about song right now. I have a feeling this one is gonna be Paradise Part 2. It's likely going to be the biggest hit from AHFOD. Noel would be great but I feel like he's not on one of the more poppy moments of the record.

Noel saying... "Chris, f*ck the cover, take that one with the f*cking parrots and cocaine rainbows. God, don't take it seriously for once."

http://www.esquire.co.uk/culture/music/9081/noel-gallagher-is-esquires-december-cover-star/

Lol, that's perfect.. I don't like what this title suggests, a Katy Perry like song.. But guess there's some relief with it being described as rockier

I don't know if HFTW is featuring Noel. But about the cover: it was probably Noel saying... "Chris, f*ck the cover, take that one with the f*cking parrots and cocaine rainbows. God, don't take it seriously for once."

http://www.esquire.co.uk/culture/music/9081/noel-gallagher-is-esquires-december-cover-star/

F**king head full of f**king dreams? F**k me, I hope I'm getting paid well...

I don't know if HFTW is featuring Noel. But about the cover: it was probably Noel saying... "Chris, f*ck the cover, take that one with the f*cking parrots and cocaine rainbows. God, don't take it seriously for once."

Thanks for the link, reading along. Supernova Heights / India House... seems quite spiritual quite early on - those *signs*, if not using this wording.

"Cos all of the stars

Are fading away

Just try not to worry

You'll see them some day"...

- they are *gemini*/twin stars, haha :) need more oasis on Mother Earth for sure. In my deep belief, they will unite one day:) my nick name for them is Oasista:O

I hope so, if Noel is in the second single~ I believe it shall be a great song col. between Co. and No. = "CONO"

But then, I thought it again, did Noel pen any Hymn type song? Maybe Up^2 is more his type, or X Marks the Spot, maybe, as a Hidden gem :) I hope there will be a certain length of his singing as a duo to Chris, not just guitar, please. If not So, Co. need to work on by my *demanding* towards the end of Year (joking:)) as Guy agreed in the interview~

Don't Look Back in Anger is basically a hymn now.

It would be great to see Coldplay have a song which affects culture in the way that song and Noel/Oasis did in the mid nineties, but that's extremely unlikely for hundreds of reasons.

At first I thought it said Hymn For The Weeknd and I immediately panicked haha. :lol:

There's no way this song won't be the second single, since it seems to be the other talked-about song right now. I have a feeling this one is gonna be Paradise Part 2. It's likely going to be the biggest hit from AHFOD. Noel would be great but I feel like he's not on one of the more poppy moments of the record.

And plus there will be Beyonce I believe in this record? Coldplay-and-Beyonce fans will be very excited when it comes out :lol:

And plus there will be Beyonce I believe in this record? Coldplay-and-Beyonce fans will be very excited when it comes out :lol:

I think Beyonce is on Up&Up as well as Hymn For The Weekend, if I'm not mistaken? After both Jay-Z and Rihanna collaborated with Coldplay, I did wonder if Beyonce would ever do the same. It appears her part consists more of backing vocals than a true duet, so we'll see how it turns out. :thinking:

I think Beyonce is on Up&Up as well as Hymn For The Weekend, if I'm not mistaken? After both Jay-Z and Rihanna collaborated with Coldplay, I did wonder if Beyonce would ever do the same. It appears her part consists more of backing vocals than a true duet, so we'll see how it turns out. :thinking:

Ah interesting to know then. I mean Beyonce is so like 'To the left to the left' singing while Chris is more of like 'Youuuuuuu areeeee'. I wonder if these two go together in the record :lol:. I think it will be an interesting duet :D

I don't even think it will be a duet, more likely harmonizing or her contributing some background vocals. Really anxious for this one. Seems like a first draft for a title and they just said f*ck it and went for it haha

Wonder if Coldplay will go hip-hop for this one? Or maybe more R&B? If it is rocket powered I assume its going to be quite a banger. Perhaps more EDM than AOAL... Or who knows, maybe it is another disco inspired tune that will be sound like this:

[video=youtube;SwB0ZJbwmpw]

I don't even think it will be a duet, more likely harmonizing or her contributing some background vocals. Really anxious for this one. Seems like a first draft for a title and they just said f*ck it and went for it haha

Wonder if Coldplay will go hip-hop for this one? Or maybe more R&B? If it is rocket powered I assume its going to be quite a banger. Perhaps more EDM than AOAL... Or who knows, maybe it is another disco inspired tune that will be sound like this:

I thought for a second, what if if the man just came into the room *from that music video* was Chris Martin? :laugh3: if Beyonce and Coldplay made the music video like this, I think it would be hilarious to see Chris wearing that suit :lol:

Oh and I thought of Destiny's Child were on the stage, and it seems like it was only Beyonce and two other dancers :thinking:

That's a good point, maybe she will contribute similarly to how Chris featured on U2's Iris (Hold Me Close) where he lends his beautiful falsetto to the song but doesn't sing actual lyrics.

As for how the track will sound, I'm guessing more of a VLV, ETIAW, or Paradise sound.

My prediction: Hymn for the Weekend will be the 2nd single possibly featuring Noel Gallagher and it will be a real stadium rock hymn.

Reasons for this: The sticker on the album says "including AOAL and HFTW" so it's very probable that it's the 2nd single. Moreover, AOAL has been reported to be not the song for which they recorded the music video in India. We know that the 2nd single is usually the "big" one, so it fits in with the big colourful music video. Also this "India music video" song has been described as being a rock song, but you can hardly call AOAL rock. If this song is therefore a rock song it would make sense to be the collaboration with the Brit-Rock legend Noel Gallagher.

Im afraid Hymn For The Weekend was not the song that the music video was made for. Coldplayer Saket saw the filming and said it was definitly for A Head Full of Dreams (it must be said in like the chorus or somethinf). But hey i got nothing against a rock anthem like youre saying itll be.