✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hymn for the Weekend

Coeurli

Im afraid Hymn For The Weekend was not the song that the music video was made for. Coldplayer Saket saw the filming and said it was definitly for A Head Full of Dreams (it must be said in like the chorus or somethinf). But hey i got nothing against a rock anthem like youre saying itll be.

The World Turned Upside Down has the lyric "X&Y" in it (when it's not even on X&Y) so who knows? A song doesn't have to share a title with an album in order to reference it. ;)

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im afraid Hymn For The Weekend was not the song that the music video was made for. Coldplayer Saket saw the filming and said it was definitly for A Head Full of Dreams (it must be said in like the chorus or somethinf). But hey i got nothing against a rock anthem like youre saying itll be.

When'd he say that? If it was recent than I believe you but if it was 2 months ago sorry, but most stuff from 2 months ago is invalid by all the official news now :p Not saying he'd be lying but you can't tell unless @Saket himself said it's definetely not specifically for Hymn for the Weekend.

^I agree and disagree, it sounded like Saket was convinced it is for AHFOD but we don't have confirmation. I think it probably is, but still don't know. For me, AHFOD as the first song on the album will probably be the most Coldplay track, which means probably a stadium rock sound with a nice ambientish intro.

Frankly I don't see a song entitled Hymn for the Weekend being in a video full of kids and celebrating Indian Culture, so AHFOD seems a better title for that. But I could be wrong :) Saket did say he distinctly heard a popular woman's voice in the song--QueenB? Or maybe Merry Clayton?

^I agree and disagree, it sounded like Saket was convinced it is for AHFOD but we don't have confirmation. I think it probably is, but still don't know. For me, AHFOD as the first song on the album will probably be the most Coldplay track, which means probably a stadium rock sound with a nice ambientish intro.

Frankly I don't see a song entitled Hymn for the Weekend being in a video full of kids and celebrating Indian Culture, so AHFOD seems a better title for that. But I could be wrong :) Saket did say he distinctly heard a popular woman's voice in the song--QueenB? Or maybe Merry Clayton?

This is supposed to be a Pop album, I don't understand why are most people in the forum still expecting some Rock songs. There might be some Rock songs but I wouldn't set my hopes high up.

I think we should expect Pop songs with Rock influences like Adventure.

Yeah, it'd certainly make sense for it to be for AHFOD now that I see your reasoning behind it. But as far as I know, @Saket doesn't even know the title of the song. He just knows what it sounds like. So who knows, it could be either... but now that I see your reasoning behind it, Hymn For The Weekend certainly doesn't sound like a song with a music video displaying kids having fun and enjoying Indian culture. "A Head Full Of Dreams" sounds like just the right title for it, a colorful world with celebrations in the music video would make a ton of sense for a title like that.

BTW, if AHFOD is what you say it is than it's the most Newplay track if anything. A real Coldplay track tho... we'll have to wait and see what that'll be.

As for him hearing a woman's voice, then it could very well by Hymn For The Weekend (Which wouldn't make sense, because of your reasoning, again) but we know now that Beyonce's in that track. But if it's AHFOD they're filming (more likely) than this essentially confirms that Merry Clayton's area in the album is in AHFOD. Just some thoughts :)

BTW, how excited are you for that VR music video! I am so looking forward to it...:D

When'd he say that? If it was recent than I believe you but if it was 2 months ago sorry, but most stuff from 2 months ago is invalid by all the official news now :p Not saying he'd be lying but you can't tell unless @Saket himself said it's definetely not specifically for Hymn for the Weekend.

He said that back when it was filmed in like September

This is supposed to be a Pop album, I don't understand why are most people in the forum still expecting some Rock songs. There might be some Rock songs but I wouldn't set my hopes high up.

I think we should expect Pop songs with Rock influences like Adventure.

But but but amazing day isn't pop (?)

But but but amazing day isn't pop (?)

We don't quite know that because we haven't heard the studio version. What if the guitar sounds like the guitar in Another's Arms (distant and covered with synths). And what if the drums are actually played on a drumpad in the song but played live with real drums (again like in Another's Arms).

Why you can read, in the tracklisting, "Feat Tove Lo", for "Fun" and you can't read "feat Beyoncè" anywhere?

The "Feat Tove Lo" only appears on iTunes, Amazon etc. The band have never mentioned it themselves on their website or their own webshop. iTunes, Amazon etc. can change their description with the click of a button, so I wouldn't be surprised if someday "Feat. Beyoncé" and "Feat. Noel Gallagher and Beyoncé" appears next to Hymn and Up&Up respectively.

That being said, Chris also said that Beyoncé was like an angel on Hymn for the Weekend. That could well mean she just provided some backing vocals and didn't contribute enough to be considered a featured artist.

That being said, Chris also said that Beyoncé was like an angel on Hymn for the Weekend. That could well mean she just provided some backing vocals and didn't contribute enough to be considered a featured artist.

Yeah sounds like she's just doing back up vocals

With the video for AOAL scheduled to release on 27th, I really don't think we'll be getting Hymn for the weekend anytime before the album release.

Ed Sheeran released Thinking Out Loud as an instant gratitude track into the lead up to X and now it's one of his most popular tracks

With the video for AOAL scheduled to release on 27th, I really don't think we'll be getting Hymn for the weekend anytime before the album release.

I'm pretty sure we will, on the cover they had a sticker saying "Featuring Adventure of a Lifetime and Hymn For the Weekend". They wouldn't promote an album with a song no one has heard.

I'm pretty sure we will, on the cover they had a sticker saying "Featuring Adventure of a Lifetime and Hymn For the Weekend". They wouldn't promote an album with a song no one has heard.

Maybe on the album releease date itself or a day or two before.

I don't think they will release the song anytime around 4-5 days of the video release. Releasing it before the video for AOAL is uploaded would be dumb. So 1-4 December might be the time frame for the relase of Hymn for the weekend then.

I think this song is getting a single release on Friday. Pure speculation but hear me out:

We have already seen Amazon CD's advertising both AOAL and HFTW which means that they are both singles AND that they both will be hyped up tracks BEFORE the album release. This Friday will be two weeks before the album release and two weeks after AOAL release.

To me this would make perfect sense and would potentially get more attention as a Beyonce track and more hype build up (which frankly I don't think AOAL has done very well here in the US. still haven't heard it on radio.)