✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

=== The Ultimate Newplaying Thread===MX, GS, AHFOD===

Spider-Man

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This interview finally explains to me the meaning of the MX album!

There is another one that also explains the meaning, I'll find it soon

While I find it, here is another interview I hadn't seen before. The last part made me laugh

• Like 1

So, who else thinks O (Fly On) is one of the most beautiful, breakable and heartfelt songs Chris has ever written? I honestly want that song to be played on my funeral :angel:. It's about losing someone you love but maybe meeting them again one day, sadness and hope in one song, only Coldplay can do this! ''Fly on, ride through, maybe one day I'll fly next to you''

• Like 3

So, who else thinks O (Fly On) is one of the most beautiful, breakable and heartfelt songs Chris has ever written? I honestly want that song to be played on my funeral :angel:. It's about losing someone you love but maybe meeting them again one day, sadness and hope in one song, only Coldplay can do this! ''Fly on, ride through, maybe one day I'll fly next to you''

I love this song. It's probably my favorite from Ghost Stories. I can't even describe what it makes me feel.

• Like 2

I DO!!!!!!!

my fav

• Like 1

I've seen this one. I loved it. Howard's obsession with fame and women is hilarious. He really respects Chris, though.

Yes, it's a good interview. Sometimes it was a little uncomfortable because Howard has a way to get information from the artists.

I love that song so so much. It feels so pure and perfect and i can't even describe how it makes me feel. It's the reason why I will never understand people who say Ghost Stories sucks. The whole albun (and especially Fly On) just seems to be such a pure and honest expression of sadness that makes me feel like crying cause i'm so touched by it. Sure it's a little boring to listen to every day or when you're not in the right mood, but I think it still is perfect in its own way.

And having Fly On played at your funeral sounds like a good idea, it just has something so peaceful to it. But haha I think it's a bit early for me to plan the song played at my funeral! :D

• Like 1

but I think it still is perfect in its own way.

Exactly my thoughts on Ghost Stories, Probably my least fav Coldplay Album but when you're in the right mood and especially at nighttime it can become a nice album. :D The overall atmosphere and feel to it is amazing as well.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I honestly think we've gotten to a point now where it's The Saviors vs Alexandria/Hilltop/The Kingdom (any of ye TWD fans out there will know what I mean) here on Coldplaying. I mean, people who have only just discovered the band thanks to AHFOD (or had after it came out) would go back and look at their old stuff (which is great), but considering the first exposure to them was that album, THAT is how they will remember Coldplay's sound as. Catchy and somewhat funky in places, but also very bland, basic, safe. Safer than MX. Safer than GS. Just plain safe. But during Kaleidoscope, the band themselves shuffled out of that safety zone a bit to create AICTAIY, A L I E N S and Hypnotised. Hell, small fractions (like the guitar solo on Up&Up) were fantastic on AHFOD, if it wasn't for the ANNOYING AS FUCK overproduction coming in to dim the spotlight on it. But that's the band. Us, as a fanbase on the other hand? Plenty of us are still in that 'safety zone' and as I said, will remember Coldplay as a pop band, or a rock band with a pop sound. That's not OUR Coldplay.

The reason why I'm using TWD as a comparison? Well, it's kind of obvious. At the time of the AHFOD release, LOADS of people began to leave these forums. They HATED the way the band sounded. But when some people jumped ship, many came aboard. But these 'many' were somewhat MESMERISED by the album. They praised nearly all the songs and jumped all over Chris, basically. Nothing wrong with that, but that seems to have been the trend ever since. Hell, Oldplayers and Newplayers had a forum war for a while.

Now, I'm not saying one group of people are better than the other. I enjoy being in both of those groups. As far as everything goes, it's not how new or how old things are that matter. The thing that REALLY matters is if the music is good. And I like a handful of Newplay songs, and lots of Oldplay songs. But really, they're all Coldplay songs. All of them.

Ever since AHFOD, we've been split into two sides. Before, it was pretty much all civil. Now, it's much different. And let's face it, some of us have gotten way too angry or annoyingly overpraising at times, either ripping the band apart for not being who they used to be or drooling all over anything they put out. I mean, just look at the song for Mexico. You either hated it, or you loved it. There was only a ridiculously small fraction who were indifferent to either side. Yes, I may have been slightly towards not really liking it, but I gave it a CHANCE. Some people just don't give things a chance anymore. But it can also be the other way round, as in, some people don't give songs a CHANCE to resonate with them and just eat them up anyways for no other reason than OMG THATS AMAZING CHRIS!

I just hope eventually, Coldplay drops a song like A L I E N S again , but not on an EP. On an album, as a single. That way, any angry fans would rejoice and any overpraising fans would have a reason to do praise the song.

But for now, I guess, it's Oldplayers, Newplayers, and yes, a small fraction of us called Coldplayers.