✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Don't Let It Break Your Heart!

Little Miss Coldplay

@iamsue, this might be an odd way to help in this thread, but I have heard of a natural painkiller that could help relieve your pain. It is natural, generally nonaddictive, and from what I hear very effective. You may PM me about it. Hope you get better.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been feeling quite down these days.

The phrase "you see no meaning to your life" from Low has been stuck in my head because that's really true at the moment. Also, Harmless because imho it is the best Coldplay song to capture that feeling of inner emptiness.

I think it's a combination of several things. For one, I don't really like my new job. Ten years ago, I would have been thrilled to be doing what I'm doing now. Maybe even five years ago. But over time, people change, and the current version of me is just not the same as the one ten years ago. The current version of me would rather like to do something entirely different. For years, I kept going because I had a goal and it seemed like every day brings me closer to my goal, but now I feel like someone who's been running a long, long time towards a finish line, after which I thought somethinh good was waiting, only to find out that there is nothing worthwhile after the finish line.

Now I wake up in the morning, go to work, and wait all day for work to be over in the evening, but when I reach the evening, I don't know anymore what I was waiting for, and then I end up waiting for the next day.

I know that objectively speaking or in comparison to other people on the planet I should be grateful for what I have (and when I think of it that way, I get a guilty conscience).

On an unrelated note, I hate the fact that Valentine's day is coming up and all those ads and events everywhere make me feel lonelier than ever. I have recently been thinking more about how I miss a certain person and I wish I would wake up one day and by some miracle everything would be alright again.

I am just curious, what is it that makes you wake up in the morning and feel that the day ahead is worth living ? Or that the weeks/months ahead are worth living ? Where do you take the energy from to keep going if there is no goal ?

• Like 3

Now I wake up in the morning, go to work, and wait all day for work to be over in the evening, but when I reach the evening, I don't know anymore what I was waiting for, and then I end up waiting for the next day.

I know that objectively speaking or in comparison to other people on the planet I should be grateful for what I have (and when I think of it that way, I get a guilty conscience).

On an unrelated note, I hate the fact that Valentine's day is coming up and all those ads and events everywhere make me feel lonelier than ever. I have recently been thinking more about how I miss a certain person and I wish I would wake up one day and by some miracle everything would be alright again.

I am just curious, what is it that makes you wake up in the morning and feel that the day ahead is worth living ? Or that the weeks/months ahead are worth living ? Where do you take the energy from to keep going if there is no goal ?

i know that feeling too well. it doesn't happen to me every day, but there are certain times where i definitely feel this happening to me, too.

honestly... sometimes what gets me up in the morning is thinking about Coldplay. i know that sounds kinda dumb but it's true. :P i have quite a few posters in my room (plus the Skype artwork) and so sometimes i'll just look at those and start thinking about them and then get really excited and somehow motivated to get up and do cool stuff.

but also i have a whiteboard on my wall where i write a list of things i am looking forward to, things like Kaleidoscope EP or starting my second semester of grad school, etc. and i find even the process of writing that stuff down can make me feel better if i'm kinda down.

I too know that feeling very well. Over the years I've come to accept the fact that life is ultimately meaningless. I no longer expect anything at the end of the day - I appreciate what I do at the moment and just drift from one day to the next.

In everyday life what keeps me going are the little things like food, friends, music, sleep, learning cool things, visiting the forums, seeing how I can make the world better for all people and animals.

• Like 1

@iamsue sending you a big hug for everything you're going through, what makes me happy is your positivity about life :)

@I ran away what can I say? Well, to be honest I don't wake up with a really high energy. It takes me to much time to wake up. My main motivation to get up is that I don't want to pay to much money to commute to my school. However, during the day I have so many things that made me realise I have a good day and that help me to look forward to what is next. "Everything's not lost" and "life has a beautiful crazy design". I think all I can tell you is to look at your successful moments and to treasure them because that's what makes life great.

Ps. It’s good to be back in the forums for a short moment :)

• Like 1

@iamsue, this might be an odd way to help in this thread, but I have heard of a natural painkiller that could help relieve your pain. It is natural, generally nonaddictive, and from what I hear very effective. You may PM me about it. Hope you get better.

Guy42, I will PM you. Thanks! I'm like Nie's friend. It looks like I'll be going from one surgery to the next this year. You know, Nie's friend has a great perspective!! I love that.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Been feeling quite down these days.

The phrase "you see no meaning to your life" from Low has been stuck in my head because that's really true at the moment. Also, Harmless because imho it is the best Coldplay song to capture that feeling of inner emptiness.

I think it's a combination of several things. For one, I don't really like my new job. Ten years ago, I would have been thrilled to be doing what I'm doing now. Maybe even five years ago. But over time, people change, and the current version of me is just not the same as the one ten years ago. The current version of me would rather like to do something entirely different. For years, I kept going because I had a goal and it seemed like every day brings me closer to my goal, but now I feel like someone who's been running a long, long time towards a finish line, after which I thought somethinh good was waiting, only to find out that there is nothing worthwhile after the finish line.

Doing something in life that you enjoy and are interested in will give you a meaning to your life. I know it probably sounds drastic but changing career might be a good thing. Because continuing doing something that you don't really like anymore will just negatively affect your mindset and health even more :/ Right now that I have holidays, my friends and cycling give me meaning to wake up. But in the long term knowing that I'm going to be studying something I am really interested in and that will be challenging, gives me meaning. Idk there is no goal really but if there was one, I think it would be to successfully make whatever mark you want on this world.

• Like 2

It is great to be catching up with all of you here. Now I know what everyone was bringing into the Listening Party. That was my favorite playlist yet! @I ran away, I think what you are feeling is a real signal to pay attention to. Sometimes, we get wake-up calls that are really hard to hear. I know that this is not reassuring, and I sincerely want it to be a helpful post. Your feelings could be telling you that you have another calling in life. Possibly your style is in conflict with the line of work you chose so long ago. That you have invested so much in it makes it feel impossibly difficult to walk away from. I have heard of so many people go through that kind of conflict and feel alive again when they find and pursue the work that fulfills their true self.

I hope this does not sound like preaching - I don't mean it to. I have a book I'll look for and PM you. It talks about the types of work that fulfill people with different styles, and that which stymies them. I could scan the pages for our style and send them to you. I am sure that you will work through this. I know no one smarter. In grad school and in my first few jobs after, I had a crisis of this sort and went through a depression. I could not reconcile some parts of my job in Human Resources that were so conflict-oriented, like dealing with unions. All I wanted was to train people to get the most and give the most in their work, where they spend the most time in their waking life. So I purposefully pursued that in my roles as much as I could, until I finally broke into the field. My career forced me back into the HR work at times when jobs got eliminated, and it wasn't always easy. But I kept getting drawn back into training.

What gets me up in the morning is like what others have said. I just do, and keep going. Put one foot in front of the other. Then I just find something to enjoy each day. Sometimes, it is really little. When I walk the dog on familiar paths, I play a game with myself where I try to observe certain little things, like counting houses with a certain feature. When I'm exhausted, I pick an object that looks far off, then look down and keep looking up every now and then to see it getting closer - then I'm there. You will get there too.

• Like 2

@I ran away have you ever tried doing yoga? there's a youtube channel i follow called Yoga with Adriene, she posts new videos every week and they're easy to do just at home. i started doing yoga almost two years ago and it has helped me to better empower myself not only to do the things i want to do, but to understand what it even is that my mind and body need. i always felt such a huge disconnect between my mental and physical selves (and still refer to them separately often) but yoga has definitely given me a lot of tools to deal with that. and it gets you in good shape, too! :P

• Like 1

@I ran away have you ever tried doing yoga? there's a youtube channel i follow called Yoga with Adriene, she posts new videos every week and they're easy to do just at home. i started doing yoga almost two years ago and it has helped me to better empower myself not only to do the things i want to do, but to understand what it even is that my mind and body need. i always felt such a huge disconnect between my mental and physical selves (and still refer to them separately often) but yoga has definitely given me a lot of tools to deal with that. and it gets you in good shape, too! :P

Glad you mentioned the YouTube channel. I agree completely about the focusing and healing powers of Yoga. It has gotten me through a lot of pain. So has Pilates, which I am still doing some of as part of my back rehab to strengthen my core and legs again. I haven't found a good YouTube program that I could do with my physical issues. I'll try this one. Thanks! I did just find a great free app called CALM. It has meditations and also wonderful sleep sounds that you choose.

• Like 1

Glad you mentioned the YouTube channel. I agree completely about the focusing and healing powers of Yoga. It has gotten me through a lot of pain. So has Pilates, which I am still doing some of as part of my back rehab to strengthen my core and legs again. I haven't found a good YouTube program that I could do with my physical issues. I'll try this one. Thanks! I did just find a great free app called CALM. It has meditations and also wonderful sleep sounds that you choose.

yeah, definitely check it out! she is so great with pep talk and teaching how to do yoga properly so that you don't injure yourself, moving with ease and taking your time to feel the poses instead of trying to achieve a particular shape. there are videos for people at all different levels and with all different needs (including i think a few for back pain, which might be of interest to you), but she also has a website with more intense programs for sale for those who want to do more advanced flows (i haven't done any of them myself yet)

by the way, here is the link to the channel in case anyone else is also interested: https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene

@I ran away, I'm so sorry to read this!

I'm assuming that it is the content of the job and not the people you have to work with.

That is really hard when you realise that it not how you dreamt it would be after working so long & hard to get there. As you say, people and situations change so I can totally understand it.

Can you talk about it with someone at your job place?

I know you just started with this new job but can't you ask your boss for a different assignment, maybe something that is still in your field of knowledge, but what requests some other way of working, thinking, handling?

Something that will get you interested in it again.

About your question:

you have to set some goals for yourself, not directly job wise, but some things you can look forward to. Maybe small things like reading a book when you get at home, or watch a TV show/movie. Even solving riddles on Coldplaying can be very relaxing and taking your thoughts away from every days job. (I'm speaking of experience)

Like I said a few posts ago, I had to go through one hell of a stressful period. It was mainly because people above me were deciding about the future of my job content, which in fact I really love to do because it is very variating in it's own field and since I'm the only one left over to do it (from a former team of 3) I'm also responsible for making/getting my own goals and deadlines.

I also have goals or things to look forward to in my personal agenda, one of the biggest are the Coldplay shows for which I have bought tickets. Those are marked with a big X and I'm even already planning my job to get things done in time to be able to take time off.

I've read the suggestion of doing some yoga, maybe that's something that I should try out, because I have to learn to relax more, to let go of the job after working hours.

If you need to talk, you know where to find me.

Sending you a big hug.

• Like 1

i know that feeling too well. it doesn't happen to me every day, but there are certain times where i definitely feel this happening to me, too.

honestly... sometimes what gets me up in the morning is thinking about Coldplay. i know that sounds kinda dumb but it's true. :p i have quite a few posters in my room (plus the Skype artwork) and so sometimes i'll just look at those and start thinking about them and then get really excited and somehow motivated to get up and do cool stuff.

but also i have a whiteboard on my wall where i write a list of things i am looking forward to, things like Kaleidoscope EP or starting my second semester of grad school, etc. and i find even the process of writing that stuff down can make me feel better if i'm kinda down.

So you're in grad school too ? :)

Yeah, it's probably a good idea to write down things to look forward to. But I have the feeling there are not so many. I have my Coldplay ticket for June hanging at the wall, but sadly at the moment this is the only major event to look forward to. I wish there wa something to look forward to in a shorter time range, like something every week. Or something small every day. These things are great but they don't seem enough to keep oneself going, if you know what I mean.

About thinking about Coldplay, well, that motivates me only to do creative things, which do not at all relate to my job. I do use the music to get me through the work day, though.

I too know that feeling very well. Over the years I've come to accept the fact that life is ultimately meaningless. I no longer expect anything at the end of the day - I appreciate what I do at the moment and just drift from one day to the next.

In everyday life what keeps me going are the little things like food, friends, music, sleep, learning cool things, visiting the forums, seeing how I can make the world better for all people and animals.

That's kind of sad to hear but I see life the same way, in the end it is utterly devoid of any meaning. We are just random products of billions of years of evolution that exist for a finite timespan, lol. I once thought it would be a meaningful life to contribute to human knowledge, especially knowledge that could improve the health or lives of others. I still think it would be, but for some reason I can't explain it seems that 'internal fire' has died somewhere along the way, now that I think about it I couldn't even say why. Just that I feel I'm not good at what I'm doing and I also don't have the energy of making work my highest priority in life. I see others around me who do have that energy, but I don't feel like one of them.

Love it how you included animals in your last sentence :)

@iamsue sending you a big hug for everything you're going through, what makes me happy is your positivity about life :)@I ran away what can I say? Well, to be honest I don't wake up with a really high energy. It takes me to much time to wake up. My main motivation to get up is that I don't want to pay to much money to commute to my school. However, during the day I have so many things that made me realise I have a good day and that help me to look forward to what is next. "Everything's not lost" and "life has a beautiful crazy design". I think all I can tell you is to look at your successful moments and to treasure them because that's what makes life great. Ps. It’s good to be back in the forums for a short moment :)

Lol, it takes me several snoozes and alarm bell rings to get up in the morning, too. Successful moments for sure are nice but in my current state of mind they don't mean that much to me any more. I try to live in and appreciate the moment, too but it is so easy to drift off and "spend your whole life living in the past".

Doing something in life that you enjoy and are interested in will give you a meaning to your life. I know it probably sounds drastic but changing career might be a good thing. Because continuing doing something that you don't really like anymore will just negatively affect your mindset and health even more :/ Right now that I have holidays, my friends and cycling give me meaning to wake up. But in the long term knowing that I'm going to be studying something I am really interested in and that will be challenging, gives me meaning. Idk there is no goal really but if there was one, I think it would be to successfully make whatever mark you want on this world.

Yeah, I have been thinking about a career change, but I spent so much time to get where I am now that "it's so hard to just walk away". Also it could be that I do find motivation again, and who says I would be more successful at something different ? I can't just throw away what I have right now for an uncertain future.

After this career phase, which is still important to complete, I definitely want to take at least a one or two year-long break and do something completely different.

It is great to be catching up with all of you here. Now I know what everyone was bringing into the Listening Party. That was my favorite playlist yet! @I ran away, I think what you are feeling is a real signal to pay attention to. Sometimes, we get wake-up calls that are really hard to hear. I know that this is not reassuring, and I sincerely want it to be a helpful post. Your feelings could be telling you that you have another calling in life. Possibly your style is in conflict with the line of work you chose so long ago. That you have invested so much in it makes it feel impossibly difficult to walk away from. I have heard of so many people go through that kind of conflict and feel alive again when they find and pursue the work that fulfills their true self.

I hope this does not sound like preaching - I don't mean it to. I have a book I'll look for and PM you. It talks about the types of work that fulfill people with different styles, and that which stymies them. I could scan the pages for our style and send them to you. I am sure that you will work through this. I know no one smarter. In grad school and in my first few jobs after, I had a crisis of this sort and went through a depression. I could not reconcile some parts of my job in Human Resources that were so conflict-oriented, like dealing with unions. All I wanted was to train people to get the most and give the most in their work, where they spend the most time in their waking life. So I purposefully pursued that in my roles as much as I could, until I finally broke into the field. My career forced me back into the HR work at times when jobs got eliminated, and it wasn't always easy. But I kept getting drawn back into training.

What gets me up in the morning is like what others have said. I just do, and keep going. Put one foot in front of the other. Then I just find something to enjoy each day. Sometimes, it is really little. When I walk the dog on familiar paths, I play a game with myself where I try to observe certain little things, like counting houses with a certain feature. When I'm exhausted, I pick an object that looks far off, then look down and keep looking up every now and then to see it getting closer - then I'm there. You will get there too.

What you wrote describes the state I'm in quite well, @iamsue! But I know I still have to complete what I am doing now. Afterwards I might try to do something different, but I also ask myself, what if I'd be bad in another profession too ?

I feel that the fact I have been treading the mill so long could contribute to my current state of mind, too. I don't think it's impossible to find fresh energy and motivation somehow. But these changes take long, it was over many years that I got demotivated, it's not all gonna come back that easily.

Great that you managed to incorporate the thing that fulfills you into your job ! Sure, if you have those book pages I would love to read them :)

I have heard so many times that the key to happiness is to pay attention to the small things in life, but it seems so hard to get there....

@I ran away have you ever tried doing yoga? there's a youtube channel i follow called Yoga with Adriene, she posts new videos every week and they're easy to do just at home. i started doing yoga almost two years ago and it has helped me to better empower myself not only to do the things i want to do, but to understand what it even is that my mind and body need. i always felt such a huge disconnect between my mental and physical selves (and still refer to them separately often) but yoga has definitely given me a lot of tools to deal with that. and it gets you in good shape, too! :p

yeah, definitely check it out! she is so great with pep talk and teaching how to do yoga properly so that you don't injure yourself, moving with ease and taking your time to feel the poses instead of trying to achieve a particular shape. there are videos for people at all different levels and with all different needs (including i think a few for back pain, which might be of interest to you), but she also has a website with more intense programs for sale for those who want to do more advanced flows (i haven't done any of them myself yet)

by the way, here is the link to the channel in case anyone else is also interested: https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene

Never tried yoga. Interesting suggestion , will check it out !

I've heard about the CALM app before and even downloaded it once, but when my phone's capacity was full I deleted it again....maybe I should give it a second try.

• Like 1

By the way, I forgot to write it above, thank you all for your answers ! I am really grateful for this community.

@I ran away, I'm so sorry to read this!

I'm assuming that it is the content of the job and not the people you have to work with.

That is really hard when you realise that it not how you dreamt it would be after working so long & hard to get there. As you say, people and situations change so I can totally understand it.

Can you talk about it with someone at your job place?

I know you just started with this new job but can't you ask your boss for a different assignment, maybe something that is still in your field of knowledge, but what requests some other way of working, thinking, handling?

Something that will get you interested in it again.

About your question:

you have to set some goals for yourself, not directly job wise, but some things you can look forward to. Maybe small things like reading a book when you get at home, or watch a TV show/movie. Even solving riddles on Coldplaying can be very relaxing and taking your thoughts away from every days job. (I'm speaking of experience)

Like I said a few posts ago, I had to go through one hell of a stressful period. It was mainly because people above me were deciding about the future of my job content, which in fact I really love to do because it is very variating in it's own field and since I'm the only one left over to do it (from a former team of 3) I'm also responsible for making/getting my own goals and deadlines.

I also have goals or things to look forward to in my personal agenda, one of the biggest are the Coldplay shows for which I have bought tickets. Those are marked with a big X and I'm even already planning my job to get things done in time to be able to take time off.

I've read the suggestion of doing some yoga, maybe that's something that I should try out, because I have to learn to relax more, to let go of the job after working hours.

If you need to talk, you know where to find me.

Sending you a big hug.

It's not possible for me to change to a different assignment. There are different projects, sure, but the blown-up working hours, the methods, the absolute dedication required, all that does not really differ between projects.

I have my Coldplay ticket hanging on the wall, it is something to look forward to. But a shorter time range is needed, an event that occurs every year/every few year wouldn't be enough to keep me going.

Things like reading, watching a movie, Coldplaying, singing etc. are nice distractions but I still think for overall happiness in life more identification with one's work is needed cause one does spend the best years of one's life with it. And at the same time, it also gradually over the last few years began to dawn on me that life is not for working ! I don't wanna look back when I'm 70 and in poor health and say "Oh well, now I regret that I didn't live my life to the full". Life is for living...but it's so hard to strike a balance.

In the end I hope that one day I will find happiness somewhere...and that this is just a dark phase, and this too shall pass.

I am glad that things worked out for you in the end and that your job content stays the way you like it. :) Hope you will face less stress in the future.

Relaxing after hours is something I'm also really bad at, but it's so important for health to be able to do so.

Those are marked with a big X

X Marks The Spot :P

• Like 1

@I ran away sounds like you could use a good hobby to keep you going apart from work :D you might not find something that works well for you right away, but... if you never try you'll never know :P

So you're in grad school too ? :)

Yeah, it's probably a good idea to write down things to look forward to. But I have the feeling there are not so many. I have my Coldplay ticket for June hanging at the wall, but sadly at the moment this is the only major event to look forward to. I wish there wa something to look forward to in a shorter time range, like something every week. Or something small every day. These things are great but they don't seem enough to keep oneself going, if you know what I mean.

About thinking about Coldplay, well, that motivates me only to do creative things, which do not at all relate to my job. I do use the music to get me through the work day, though.

yes, i'm in grad school! i finished my undergrad last May and started grad studies in August. i'm going to the same school, but my undergrad was in animation, and now i'm studying User Experience & Interaction Design. to be honest, it's not a field that i necessarily want to go into, but i think having this knowledge will help me out in whatever i DO decide to settle on career-wise. people ask me what my plans are, but to be honest a lot of the time i just go where things take me (which is how i ended up in grad school, because i wouldn't have continued for the program alone, more the other opportunities i have that came with it, such as a graduate assistantship). i love doing motion graphics work and i have a strong passion for educational entertainment, so that's where i can see myself going... but i'm never certain. i like keeping my options open - not to say that i turn down opportunities, basically i just take every opportunity i can get and then make something out of all of that stuff later, does that make sense?

for me, i just love learning and i love making things. this helps me a lot because it allows me to be so flexible in what i choose to do. sometimes i get tired of the things i'm doing and don't really care about them that much, but i just force myself to get through it and try to see a way that it could help me later on. it's not often that we get to do things we are REALLY passionate about, so in my experience it has been just about finding something i like doing enough to keep me afloat :P

perspective is so important, because... well, i'll move onto this other comment:

That's kind of sad to hear but I see life the same way, in the end it is utterly devoid of any meaning. We are just random products of billions of years of evolution that exist for a finite timespan, lol.

i can see how it's easy to think about this and feel cynical, but THIS is actually one of the things that keeps me going, haha

we are just random products, you're right. so i think it is just so incredible that with all the possibilities, all of the times and places i could have been born, that i was born as me, here, where i am - that i was even born at all is remarkable. life is not so common in the universe as far as we can tell... the fact that humans THINK and QUESTION on top of this adds to the sort of wonder that i feel thinking about this stuff

which is also kind of how i use Coldplay to motivate myself, going back to that part. sometimes it's just the mere thought that i get to be alive in a time where these guys are alive makes me want to get up and be a part of the world. i told you it's dumb, but it's true :P

• Like 5

By the way, I forgot to write it above, thank you all for your answers ! I am really grateful for this community.

It's not possible for me to change to a different assignment. There are different projects, sure, but the blown-up working hours, the methods, the absolute dedication required, all that does not really differ between projects.

I have my Coldplay ticket hanging on the wall, it is something to look forward to. But a shorter time range is needed, an event that occurs every year/every few year wouldn't be enough to keep me going.

Things like reading, watching a movie, Coldplaying, singing etc. are nice distractions but I still think for overall happiness in life more identification with one's work is needed cause one does spend the best years of one's life with it. And at the same time, it also gradually over the last few years began to dawn on me that life is not for working ! I don't wanna look back when I'm 70 and in poor health and say "Oh well, now I regret that I didn't live my life to the full". Life is for living...but it's so hard to strike a balance.

In the end I hope that one day I will find happiness somewhere...and that this is just a dark phase, and this too shall pass.

I am glad that things worked out for you in the end and that your job content stays the way you like it. :) Hope you will face less stress in the future.

Relaxing after hours is something I'm also really bad at, but it's so important for health to be able to do so.

X Marks The Spot :P

Your own responses to our posts, @I ran away, gave me another idea: Have you tried keeping a Gratitude Journal? Every day, you write down say 3, or even 5 things that you are grateful for that day? There is ample research suggesting that doing this contributes to one's happiness. You have so kindly and fully responded to us, that you definitely have a keen eye for seeing the positive things in life.

Do you have a Kindle eReader? If so, I am going to send you the book I mentioned. Otherwise, I'll scan the INFP for you and all of us other INFP's. Going over it again is really interesting. For those in Health Care, for example, one of the suggested research-like positions is Geneticist. That sounded close to what you trained for, no?

I have a really old edition of this so I want to get you the newest one. Please PM me about it if you don't have a Kindle, so I know where to have it sent. There is something else in you responses I have to go back and read and respond to, but I forget it now. Please believe in yourself - I doubt very seriously that you are not good at what you do!! Nor do I think you would not be successful in something entirely different.

Glad to hear you hear you are thinking of taking time off to consider doing something else. You owe yourself that much.

• Like 2

@I ran away sounds like you could use a good hobby to keep you going apart from work :D you might not find something that works well for you right away, but... if you never try you'll never know [emoji14]

yes, i'm in grad school! i finished my undergrad last May and started grad studies in August. i'm going to the same school, but my undergrad was in animation, and now i'm studying User Experience & Interaction Design. to be honest, it's not a field that i necessarily want to go into, but i think having this knowledge will help me out in whatever i DO decide to settle on career-wise. people ask me what my plans are, but to be honest a lot of the time i just go where things take me (which is how i ended up in grad school, because i wouldn't have continued for the program alone, more the other opportunities i have that came with it, such as a graduate assistantship). i love doing motion graphics work and i have a strong passion for educational entertainment, so that's where i can see myself going... but i'm never certain. i like keeping my options open - not to say that i turn down opportunities, basically i just take every opportunity i can get and then make something out of all of that stuff later, does that make sense?

for me, i just love learning and i love making things. this helps me a lot because it allows me to be so flexible in what i choose to do. sometimes i get tired of the things i'm doing and don't really care about them that much, but i just force myself to get through it and try to see a way that it could help me later on. it's not often that we get to do things we are REALLY passionate about, so in my experience it has been just about finding something i like doing enough to keep me afloat [emoji14]

perspective is so important, because... well, i'll move onto this other comment:

i can see how it's easy to think about this and feel cynical, but THIS is actually one of the things that keeps me going, haha

we are just random products, you're right. so i think it is just so incredible that with all the possibilities, all of the times and places i could have been born, that i was born as me, here, where i am - that i was even born at all is remarkable. life is not so common in the universe as far as we can tell... the fact that humans THINK and QUESTION on top of this adds to the sort of wonder that i feel thinking about this stuff

which is also kind of how i use Coldplay to motivate myself, going back to that part. sometimes it's just the mere thought that i get to be alive in a time where these guys are alive makes me want to get up and be a part of the world. i told you it's dumb, but it's true :P

Your post is ANYTHING but dumb!! What a beautiful way to look at life. I am inspired just by reading this. I also happen to believe that there is nothing random about each of us being born when and where we are. Whatever your beliefs about God or a creator, in general, I think the universe operates by design. As my mom often says, "Everything happens for a reason." In my hardest times, that thought always gets me through. I look at it that I i just have to find that reason, and accept that most of the time that will happen in hindsight, sometimes years after the experience.

More later, all. I am enjoying the Grammy's and want to just relax. But I am bummed that Coldplay has again been snubbed. I just don't get that.

• Like 1

Thanks. @iamsue, I don't have Kindle unfortunately...

This gratitude thing is true, I have actually already heard about it. I've seen another forum (a job-related one which I occasionally look into, but hardly ever post in) actually having a thread where people post things they are grateful for on that day. I have been thinking about actually making a thread like that for Coldplaying, what do you think ? You can also learn from others about the small things they appreciate in life then and share ideas.

This morning, I don't know why, but I genuinely had to laugh when turned the page on my daily calendar and saw this, so I wanted to share it.

Here's some wisdom that might make you feel better...or not :joy:

20170214_140111.thumb.jpg.c9da5b8e2a55418564b75a7f62eb206a.jpg

• Like 5

Oh dang, I was about to reply almost the same thing... I find it utterly fascinating that there is even such a thing as consciousness. I think about our existence in much the same way - the fact that everything is meaningless is actually inspiring because life is miraculous and amazing and all those billions of years it took to make a being that will live only once in the history of the universe, so you gotta make the most of it. You're a smart cookie, CIA. I admire your wisdom...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@I ran away Have you considered trying psychoterapy to go deeper inside yourself? Or meditation,prayer?

As it seems to me that you search for something beyond real and usual life you aready have. You obviously notice even all good things and gratitude,but it's not enough for you. I understand you,that's why I suggested those two things which refer to spiritual life and deeper observations of yourself...

I hope you'll find your peace and happiness of living life to its fullest!

Dear friends,

I`ve been busy lately with doing these videos. I was inspired by Coldplay music and everything they gave to me, this is some kind of a reflection to their music and message they spread through it. I was also inspired by all of you, especially by this thread and Coldplayers uniting as friends and sharing feelings and support. I really enjoyed doing these videos and I hope you`ll like it!

Thank you again because with you in my thoughts, I had more inspiration and motivation to do it! :)

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/user/ArcadiaHome/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

• 3 weeks later...

Last months have been really tough. So many things in my life didn't turn out to be as they should. When everything seemed to be ok, suddenly all was lost again. Sometimes it's hard to live with all that bad stuff in my mind... still haven't found the light back in my life, but I'm working on it. After all, life is for living, we all know...

Tomorrow I'll try to read all your messages here in this thread,.. hope you guys are all ok :)

• Like 6

Last months have been really tough. So many things in my life didn't turn out to be as they should. When everything seemed to be ok, suddenly all was lost again. Sometimes it's hard to live with all that bad stuff in my mind... still haven't found the light back in my life, but I'm working on it. After all, life is for living, we all know...

Tomorrow I'll try to read all your messages here in this thread,.. hope you guys are all ok :)

Your post it's pretty much describes my life since the beginning of the year. My life can be compared to a roller-coaster. I'm sure everyone has up and downs but in my case I used to have more ups than downs. This year is more like today I'm happy but the next is a bad one and the next is even worst, but then I'm the happiest girl on earth and then again I'm the saddest one. At the end of the day I just want to wish everyone happiness because we're here in this world to be happy. And even though I feel like that I don't want to lose hope. With that being said I wish everyone a wonderful week :)

• Like 6