• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thnx. She got a triangular booty tho...
And green lips she looks kinda dead uhh

giphy.gif

g165HRz.png

btw nice seeing y'all I've been away a little (the Supernatural fandom has consumed my life I was wEAK) anyways how are you all now you miserable potatoes? You think 2017 is gonna stink?

• Like 1

I don't know if I want to share my thoughts with all of you. Maybe I'll just write them down and later regretting it because I know I shouldn't be feeling this way. I have this fight in my head where I regret about things I haven't done and feeling proud for what I've achieved, feeling ignored and thinking about not taking things seriously, feeling jealous about other people and knowing I shouldn't because I've got so many wonderful things... I'm feeling like things aren't making any sense at all. "Talk" has always been that song that makes me feel I'm not alone, sad and hopeful about the things around me. It’s one of my favorite songs at the same time it's the song that makes me feel depressed.

It’s been a long time since I felt this way. I guess the things happening around me bring back those thoughts. It was like those things take me out of my bubble where everything is perfect. I'm aware there isn't a perfect life and that the way I decide to look at things makes everything easy, but this time the fight against what I know is good and my fears isn't helping me to focus on the things that matter. Right now, I'm so scared about the future (of my country, my personal life, the life of people closed to me) and I don't know what to do. I don't know if I just should let tears stream or stop worrying about these silly things.

My head is a mess that still is full of dreams. I'm feeling that all I've written is senseless because I've learned to look at the bright side of things.

I could keep writing all that I have in my mind but I know that at the end that wouldn't make sense.

It's ok my dear coldplayer. Everyone's bubble is popped at some point. When reality strikes it can be really devastating for some, but it's a part of one's growth in life. We all have dreams and sometimes dreams come undone, but the only thing we can do is adapt and move forward. Have some faith in yourself and your abilities, you have a lot more capability than you probably think since there is no one else like you on the planet. Hug a tree, pet a puppy, help some of your loved ones or a stranger out. You'll get through this.

• Like 5

I don't know if I want to share my thoughts with all of you. Maybe I'll just write them down and later regretting it because I know I shouldn't be feeling this way. I have this fight in my head where I regret about things I haven't done and feeling proud for what I've achieved, feeling ignored and thinking about not taking things seriously, feeling jealous about other people and knowing I shouldn't because I've got so many wonderful things... I'm feeling like things aren't making any sense at all. "Talk" has always been that song that makes me feel I'm not alone, sad and hopeful about the things around me. It’s one of my favorite songs at the same time it's the song that makes me feel depressed.

It’s been a long time since I felt this way. I guess the things happening around me bring back those thoughts. It was like those things take me out of my bubble where everything is perfect. I'm aware there isn't a perfect life and that the way I decide to look at things makes everything easy, but this time the fight against what I know is good and my fears isn't helping me to focus on the things that matter. Right now, I'm so scared about the future (of my country, my personal life, the life of people closed to me) and I don't know what to do. I don't know if I just should let tears stream or stop worrying about these silly things.

My head is a mess that still is full of dreams. I'm feeling that all I've written is senseless because I've learned to look at the bright side of things.

I could keep writing all that I have in my mind but I know that at the end that wouldn't make sense.

I feel the same way sometimes, you certainly aren't alone in thinking this way. Especially the part about you feeling jealous when you know you shouldn't, it happens to me all the time even though inside me I do know I know better. It's not that I know better, it's that I know I can know better. Rarely I let out these feelings but not in an angry agressive way, just saying that I'm bored and sad and that my life seems to suck sometimes and then others tell me that it could be a lot worse if you lived in a different country. Sometimes I do need a reminder that the country I live in is thankfully very safe and has lots of opportunity. Even though I already know that... it's things we take for granted sometimes, but once reminded and we think about it some more again we see how lucky we are... Or, not really. I've never actually been surrounded with the horror that goes on in some areas and until that happens I might not be 100% grateful for the life I have right now. Not saying I would like to see that cause I certainly wouldn't, but I want to be a part of the group of people that wants to do something about it and help the poor people going through these times, like the Syrian refugees. I don't want walls built against these people, I want bridges of love and connection so we can give them the good life they deserve, not the awful life back where they used to live. It's disgusting how Trump and his supporters want nothing to do with them, and think that they're the evil ones, when really it's the other way around, and most of them are innocent people that the only thing they want is something better than having to worry about yourself getting blown up almost every second (along with problems such as poverty and much more). I cringe and feel an anger within me every time I see a Trump supporter and memes about building a wall. We've got it so easy. They're spoiled! They don't know what it's like to have to live like that. Neither do us, but the difference is people like us have the capability to put ourselves in someone else's shoes. Sure, there may be a few people looking to cause trouble, but the vast majority only want love from us, contrary to Trump's twisted beliefs. Of course we can't just let all in without question though, that would be the equivalent of no one having passwords for any sort of account here even though criminals exist. That's what security is for. Sure, a very few innocent may wrongly be sent back, but it's the best we can rightly do. Next election people in America need to smarten up and choose someone who's not going to build walls, but instead help the people who need it most. It's sad that Hillary and Trump were really the only two choices that had a shot at winning this election, as much better as Clinton is than him she still ain't perfect and I've heard had the potential to start wars herself. As the future moves on I hope more options that actually have a shot at winning are available than just two. (I suppose Bernie had a bit of a chance, but I mean from different parties...) Let's hope for better things than Trump in the future. This goes for not only America but every single country in the world that you can vote: if you are eligible to vote wherever you are, do so!!! We need to stand up and make a change. Not voting could let the dark side win, so we gotta make sure the right people are getting in!! Take action whenever you can for all of the issues in the world whether it be poverty, environmental issues, womans rights, minority rights - everything! The more of us that do this the more these issues will begin to resolve. Trump and his supporters, and his party are not the solution. We, the people, are the solution! Choose the caring side, not just politics/issue-wise, but everyday-wise as well. You'll feel better in the long run. Even a small compliment can help someone's day be brighter. There is no need for hatred. Gotta spread love around! Have a nice day everyone :)

• Like 3

And green lips she looks kinda dead uhh

g165HRz.png

btw nice seeing y'all I've been away a little (the Supernatural fandom has consumed my life I was wEAK) anyways how are you all now you miserable potatoes? You think 2017 is gonna stink?

Yah nice seeing you too btw (if not one fandom then another, I feel ya)

Well we're still hanging out in this thread so I guess we are miserable... nahh man I'm fine, but yeah 2017 woke up on the wrong foot apparently.

It's ok my dear coldplayer. Everyone's bubble is popped at some point. When reality strikes it can be really devastating for some, but it's a part of one's growth in life. We all have dreams and sometimes dreams come undone, but the only thing we can do is adapt and move forward. Have some faith in yourself and your abilities, you have a lot more capability than you probably think since there is no one else like you on the planet. Hug a tree, pet a puppy, help some of your loved ones or a stranger out. You'll get through this.

Man, I didn't really know how to respond to @alisbe, but this is good.

• Like 3

you miserable potatoes

i have to say, i don't see how i could be a potato and be miserable at the same time??? that sounds like the highest honor :P

i can't speak for everyone, but i'm going to anyway. we've missed you! we're glad you're back!

isn't it great no matter how many years you toil away on this website, no matter how many months pass when you don't visit, somehow we just keep getting sucked back in... :heart:

• Like 1

Are we still talking about personality types? If so, I took that test and got ESFJ-A. Although I was borderline between E and I (in the past, I have always gotten I) and also between T and F (in the past, I have always gotten T)

• Like 2

Thank you so much for your words, it means a lot to me. My post was strange and weird but that's how I felt. Yesterday night I felt better after a card game took too long to be finished lol. My family and I played for three hours which somehow helped me to not feel alone.

As I said I know I should be proud of what I've achieved and I know I'm capable but yesterday I had this weird feeling. So, thank you for reminding me that everything we face is part of growing up. I think that what is happening around me made me forget that. When my bubble popped I felt vulnerable but as you said I'll keep moving forward to find the things that will make me strong.

I feel the same way sometimes, you certainly aren't alone in thinking this way. Especially the part about you feeling jealous when you know you shouldn't, it happens to me all the time even though inside me I do know I know better. It's not that I know better, it's that I know I can know better. Rarely I let out these feelings but not in an angry agressive way, just saying that I'm bored and sad and that my life seems to suck sometimes and then others tell me that it could be a lot worse if you lived in a different country. Sometimes I do need a reminder that the country I live in is thankfully very safe and has lots of opportunity. Even though I already know that... it's things we take for granted sometimes, but once reminded and we think about it some more again we see how lucky we are... Or, not really. I've never actually been surrounded with the horror that goes on in some areas and until that happens I might not be 100% grateful for the life I have right now. Not saying I would like to see that cause I certainly wouldn't, but I want to be a part of the group of people that wants to do something about it and help the poor people going through these times, like the Syrian refugees. I don't want walls built against these people, I want bridges of love and connection so we can give them the good life they deserve, not the awful life back where they used to live. It's disgusting how Trump and his supporters want nothing to do with them, and think that they're the evil ones, when really it's the other way around, and most of them are innocent people that the only thing they want is something better than having to worry about yourself getting blown up almost every second (along with problems such as poverty and much more). I cringe and feel an anger within me every time I see a Trump supporter and memes about building a wall. We've got it so easy. They're spoiled! They don't know what it's like to have to live like that. Neither do us, but the difference is people like us have the capability to put ourselves in someone else's shoes. Sure, there may be a few people looking to cause trouble, but the vast majority only want love from us, contrary to Trump's twisted beliefs. Of course we can't just let all in without question though, that would be the equivalent of no one having passwords for any sort of account here even though criminals exist. That's what security is for. Sure, a very few innocent may wrongly be sent back, but it's the best we can rightly do. Next election people in America need to smarten up and choose someone who's not going to build walls, but instead help the people who need it most. It's sad that Hillary and Trump were really the only two choices that had a shot at winning this election, as much better as Clinton is than him she still ain't perfect and I've heard had the potential to start wars herself. As the future moves on I hope more options that actually have a shot at winning are available than just two. (I suppose Bernie had a bit of a chance, but I mean from different parties...) Let's hope for better things than Trump in the future. This goes for not only America but every single country in the world that you can vote: if you are eligible to vote wherever you are, do so!!! We need to stand up and make a change. Not voting could let the dark side win, so we gotta make sure the right people are getting in!! Take action whenever you can for all of the issues in the world whether it be poverty, environmental issues, womans rights, minority rights - everything! The more of us that do this the more these issues will begin to resolve. Trump and his supporters, and his party are not the solution. We, the people, are the solution! Choose the caring side, not just politics/issue-wise, but everyday-wise as well. You'll feel better in the long run. Even a small compliment can help someone's day be brighter. There is no need for hatred. Gotta spread love around! Have a nice day everyone :)

Probably this is what "popped my bubble" my country is going through a difficult time and your next president will be one of the reasons. Companies are stopping their investments because he's threatening them with high taxes. I won't be affected directly as no one I know work there but prices are getting higher and people is angry with the decisions our president is making. This is affecting me because my country is so beautiful, there are lots of hard working people who have dreams to fight for, but the people who are supposed to make decisions to help our country grow are bringing down our hopes for a better life. In this moment the lyrics of Birds are speaking so loudly to me but at the same time Talk is there. Right now I just know that I need to keep working on being a good citizen for my country, that's what I owe to the piece of land that has given me so much.

• Like 4

Probably this is what "popped my bubble" my country is going through a difficult time and your next president will be one of the reasons. Companies are stopping their investments because he's threatening them with high taxes. I won't be affected directly as no one I know work there but prices are getting higher and people is angry with the decisions our president is making. This is affecting me because my country is so beautiful, there are lots of hard working people who have dreams to fight for, but the people who are supposed to make decisions to help our country grow are bringing down our hopes for a better life. In this moment the lyrics of Birds are speaking so loudly to me but at the same time Talk is there. Right now I just know that I need to keep working on being a good citizen for my country, that's what I owe to the piece of land that has given me so much.

Just a note, I am from Canada so thankfully Trump is not my president. Just thought I'd use him as an example because he is the most popular right now.

I'm sorry to hear what your country is going through, I send prayers and thoughts your way and hope everything will be okay. Lyrics of Up&Up also come to my mind reading this too

"we’re going to get it get it together right now

going to get it get it together somehow

going to get it get it together and flower

oh oh oh oh oh oh

we’re going to get it get it together I know

going to get it get it together and flow

going to get it get it together and go

up and up and up"

:)

• Like 1

Just a note, I am from Canada so thankfully Trump is not my president. Just thought I'd use him as an example because he is the most popular right now.

I'm sorry to hear what your country is going through, I send prayers and thoughts your way and hope everything will be okay. Lyrics of Up&Up also come to my mind reading this too

"we’re going to get it get it together right now

going to get it get it together somehow

going to get it get it together and flower

oh oh oh oh oh oh

we’re going to get it get it together I know

going to get it get it together and flow

going to get it get it together and go

up and up and up"

:)

I'm so sorry for the misunderstanding. I think you've said before where you are from but I forgot it.

Thank you so much for your kind words!

• Like 1

i have to say, i don't see how i could be a potato and be miserable at the same time??? that sounds like the highest honor :p

i can't speak for everyone, but i'm going to anyway. we've missed you! we're glad you're back!

isn't it great no matter how many years you toil away on this website, no matter how many months pass when you don't visit, somehow we just keep getting sucked back in... :heart:

I looked up "miserable potato" on google images and all kinds of stuff came up that totally didn't help me with creating any intelligent reply.

So uh, yeah, u take ur honor there and keep potatoeing =D

Well gosH now I feel kinda nice. It's cool seeing you're still around :heart_eyes: Can I just say the last time I went on here we still had the Coldplaying smilies? Why are they not here anymore :C

And yeah, we always come back, Coldplay is that very first fandom I got involved in so it has its hooks deep in my brain, deeep o_O

• Like 4

Are we still talking about personality types? If so, I took that test and got ESFJ-A. Although I was borderline between E and I (in the past, I have always gotten I) and also between T and F (in the past, I have always gotten T)

Yes. I have also been borderline E/I and T/F and J/P onMeyers Briggs in the past. One thing I am not sure of is whether the 16 Personalities tool is supposed to be a relatively stable indicator (as M-B) is, I believe. In other words, one that does not change throughout your lifetime. Or, whether it is supposed to be more situational. Some tools, like DISC (I believe), also account for what your natural style would be, as well as the one you would show under pressure. Meyers-Briggs calls this being "in the grip" and gives you an idea of how your style behaves under stress, vs. others that describe the other style you shift to under stress. I defer to Kamili, I think, who said they were a Psychologist, or others of you who are. I'm not an expert by any means. I can ask my friend, who is, though.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Can I just say the last time I went on here we still had the Coldplaying smilies? Why are they not here anymore :C

omg, thank you for reminding me that i have a bunch of those smileys saved on my desktop computer (because i couldn't live without them outside of Coldplaying) that i was going to upload somewhere, 'cause they got lost with the last update to the forums :'(

[ATTACH=full]6604[/ATTACH]

@alisbe

Look at this, read the book, watch the movie, let it inspire you, along with Coldplay`s Miracles. Hold on, everything will be just fine! :)

Thank you so much! I saw the movie at the cinema and I even bought it. Miracles has a special place in my heart. Thank you so much for reminding me this!

I'll start a new personal project where I'll write some of my favorite quotes, I think this will be the first one (if a Chris' quote doesn't interfere with the plan)

• Like 1

First, I think they call these feelings being human, @alisbe. @cpe3176, I so appreciate your thoughts about Trump. I felt consumed by emotion all morning after his tweets calling Meryl Streep a second rate actress after she acted as a true hero and leader, using her voice (what little was left after grievimg the loss of her dear friend Carrie Fisher) to dare to exercise her right to free speech and use her platform at the Golden Globes to speak out against the danger of our newly elected leader setting a dangerous example by mocking the disabled. Being disabled myself, I was grateful to her, as I was appalled when we continuously saw what he did during the election. It made me sick. Reading his tweets today yet again made me sick. I read his denial about this being mockery. I am fighting not to be consumed by my anger towards him and the fact that enough people in our countnry, in the most populous states, could overlook his hatred and immaturity and vote for him. I don't want to be like that. I know it is stooping to his level. Any suggestions on how to positively channel the depth of my feelings about this leadership change so it doesn't break my heart because it is. I've never felt so strongly about a political figure. I feel competted to do something. "Give me love over, love over hate...". Thanks for listening!

• Like 3

Haha :D

Folks, if you love this beautiful thread by Little Miss Coldplay and/or found it helpful, please vote for it as "Best Thread of 2016 - General Discussion Area Section" at the Coldplaying Awards :D

Wil, do. Could not agree more!

• 4 weeks later...

We can't let this thread go unused! It would break my heart. I needed to vent about my mom's declining dementia, so I went to our local Alzheimer's support group today. All I could think of was how you guys are my biggest every day support group - and have become like a family. Thank you. My mom is ok, but she is just not able to find words or create sentences that make much sense. She was eating with me yesterday and picking up apple pie with her hands, then not able to cut it, and I wound up feeding her a few bites. So sad. Today, I fought with my insurance on the phone all day, then tomorrow get 2 cortisone shots into my thumb and off to the back surgeon for my 3 month post-up appointment. Then Thursday to get a final plan for my upcoming toe surgery and Friday back to PT. I know I'm blessed with medical care and insurance. Just needed to vent more, I guess. Sorry!

• Like 3

Thanks everyone. Surgeon did an X-ray today and said back is fusing well. He said I will still be health by and may have pain for 1-2 years. Pain is very light when unless I overdo walking or standing or sitting or driving. Today got a trigger thumb injection so I feel aweful pain from that. It will need surgery that too when it wears off. Tomorrow will talk to the foot surgeon to set up toe surgery. Feeling down about all of it. Tiring of pain. Sorry for whining

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm sorry that you have to feel so much pain.

Luckily your back is healing well. Just give it time and don't overdo things.

And you are welcome to "whine" as much as you want.

A friend of mine has is going from one surgery into the next one (for all different kind of problems) and her motto to keep up the spirit is: after all those operations, I'm totally new again, they have fixed half of my body. [emoji4]

What I'm concerned, I have been having a lot of stress at work for about 1 year. There was a big decision to be made about my job and I had little to say in the matter.

Things really started to have an influence on my health, this Coldplaying community has helped me to escape from those worries.

And yesterday I finally got the answer to a lot of my questions, the situation has turned into the way that I prefer it. So I'm so relieved and happy.

I will have a lot of work to do the next coming months but I will always make time to come over here. [emoji4]

• Like 4