✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Don't Let It Break Your Heart!

Little Miss Coldplay

Dear fellow Coldplayers,

This request may seem odd to ask on Coldplaying. But you are such a compassionate, smart, creative group that I value your opinions. The past two days have been so sad. My long-time, great friend that I have written about who had stage 4 Lung Cancer for six years, had taken a turn for the worst. This was not unexpected at some point in the next few months, but so sudden as we just talked a bit over a week ago and planned to get together last Weds, when I learned she entered hospice at home. Hospice is usually six months before death or less. But I just learned she has stopped eating and is only in bed. I'm seeing her Weds afternoon to say goodbye. My heart is so broken. What do you say to someone who meant so much to you that you won't see again? I've never been in this situation. Any help appreciated. I'm trying to hold it together until after I see her. With my back only two weeks or so after surgery, it really hurts to cry. But holding it in brings its own kind of pain, as I am much worse today than I have been the past week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're still planning a meeting but this time I won't feel pressured to go. I'm looking forward to the concert because this week has been a good one and this will help me to finish it in a good way :)

Glad it all worked out.

• Like 2

Dear fellow Coldplayers,

This request may seem odd to ask on Coldplaying. But you are such a compassionate, smart, creative group that I value your opinions. The past two days have been so sad. My long-time, great friend that I have written about who had stage 4 Lung Cancer for six years, had taken a turn for the worst. This was not unexpected at some point in the next few months, but so sudden as we just talked a bit over a week ago and planned to get together last Weds, when I learned she entered hospice at home. Hospice is usually six months before death or less. But I just learned she has stopped eating and is only in bed. I'm seeing her Weds afternoon to say goodbye. My heart is so broken. What do you say to someone who meant so much to you that you won't see again? I've never been in this situation. Any help appreciated. I'm trying to hold it together until after I see her. With my back only two weeks or so after surgery, it really hurts to cry. But holding it in brings its own kind of pain, as I am much worse today than I have been the past week.

I'll send you a PM.

Dear fellow Coldplayers,

i think i'm too late to help now, but i'm sorry to hear about your friend. we're here if you need to talk later. :hug:

Dear fellow Coldplayers,

This sounds completely heartbreaking... I really don't know what to say... except that if you need anyone to talk to me and the rest of the Coldplaying community are here for you. I send big hugs your way and I know what it feels like to be in this situation so I know it really sucks. Know that all of us on Coldplaying who are aware of this are with you. I know I'm late and that the time has passed but it may even be worse now so me and the rest of Coldplaying are helping you as best we can. I hope everything turns out okay somehow...

Thanks to all who have responded so compassionately about my friend. As those know who have PMd me she died on Thanksgiving, the day after I said goodbye. She was just 51. I am doing ok as it hasn't yet sunk in yet. I just know that she is in a better place. https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10154597971105540

Mobile Link: https://www.facebook.com/deborschneider/posts/10154597971105540

• Like 3

Thanks to all who have responded so compassionately about my friend. As those know who have PMd me she died on Thanksgiving, the day after I said goodbye. She was just 51. I am doing ok as it hasn't yet sunk in yet. I just know that she is in a better place. https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10154597971105540

I feel your pain, I went through something similar at the beginning of August. I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. And if you need anyone to talk to, me and the rest of the Coldplaying community are here with you...

One day, I know that you and your sister will meet again, somehow, someway...

Until then... may she sleep well.....

• Like 1

I feel your pain, I went through something similar at the beginning of August. I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. And if you need anyone to talk to, me and the rest of the Coldplaying community are here with you...

One day, I know that you and your sister will meet again, somehow, someway...

Until then... may she sleep well.....

:'( I wish both of you lots of strength and healing vibes, it must be so painful...Lights will guide you home...

The post you share is full of love. I send you a big hug and if you need someone to talk to I'll be here for you

This is incredibly sad, so sorry for your loss. I think that it's opportune that it's on this thread - the song relates so well to these types of situations. Even though there will be times where bad things happen to us, when we fail, and when we want to give up, we should always remember not to give up, and always, Don't Let It Break Your Heart.

I know this is a different kind of post cause it's actually uplifting. Today is the first anniversary of AHFOD!!!! :D Little did I know exactly a year after it was released something amazing would happen in my life... Which is today. It's been me dream for such a while now! Coincidence? I think not :D

• Like 4

I'm so sorry for your loss. Hope you get through this difficult time soon. I'm sure wherever she is now, she will always love you and stay forever in your heart.

• Like 1

I know this is a different kind of post cause it's actually uplifting. Today is the first anniversary of AHFOD!!!! :D Little did I know exactly a year after it was released something amazing would happen in my life... Which is today. It's been me dream for such a while now! Coincidence? I think not :D

There are no coincidences.. Just enjoy your amazing thing!

I must say that today is my 30th birthday and today I`m quitting my hard and stressful job...... I got new job!! :) AHFOD anniversary, birthday, new job... I don`t know what to say! :) :) Thank you for making me a part of this beautiful and supporting community! I remember all of you often and I feel inspiration which moves me on.

@iamsue , I hope you`re better and that we have your permission for this uplifting news... your friend must also be happy somewhere in the sky full of stars..

• Like 5

I must say that today is my 30th birthday and today I`m quitting my hard and stressful job...... I got new job!! :) AHFOD anniversary, birthday, new job... I don`t know what to say! :) :) Thank you for making me a part of this beautiful and supporting community! I remember all of you often and I feel inspiration which moves me on.

@iamsue , I hope you`re better and that we have your permission for this uplifting news... your friend must also be happy somewhere in the sky full of stars..

Happy Birthday Kamili ! Congrats on your new job !

• Like 1

Happy birthday.

Good luck with your new job.

• Like 1

@iamsue

My condolences to you and your friends family. Letting go and saying goodbye is never easy. I just read your post back on page 14 and wanted to say a few things. What you are going through is completely normal and acceptable so don't ever apologize for the way you feel. I understand where you are coming from. I have the opportunity of working in a field where I deal with sick and hurt people on a daily basis. And I must say that seeing friends and family there for their loved ones is the strongest bond you could ever witness. Whether it's love or devotion or something else, it's truly remarkable. This may not fully make sense or have sunk in yet, but hold on to the good memories you two had. Remember the good times, the bad and everything in between. As most people said above, we are here if you need us.

• Like 1

Sorry I'm late, but congratulations!! And happy birthday!!

That day went even better then I once thought it would too!! And the best part is I'll get to do it again in a few months!! And it's such a good thing!!! Literally I don't think I'd rather do anything then do that and have such grateful songs like "Amazing Day" and "Miracles" play. It's like the best thing ever to me. I just can't believe that I now know I won't ever have to worry about not being able to do it anymore.. unless some catastrophe happens...

• Like 2

Kamili, congrats and happy belated birthday[emoji512]. I love [emoji173]️ your sentiment about my friend. Those of us who also worked with her are finding ways to honor her strengths and keep learning from what she taught us. Our call the other day left us feeling she was with us, so you are right!

• Like 3