✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Don't Let It Break Your Heart!

Little Miss Coldplay

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

feeling like death after working all weekend on this report and now I am up going to pull my first all nighter most likely to get this engineering report done. "still got such a long way to go" :(

Hang in there. You can do it !

If you feel low on energy, listen to this:

This version of Clocks always infuses me energy equivalent of 200 mg of caffeine and 1 mg of adrenaline ;)

@karvi22 and @alisbe - Sending you big hugs. Feeling exactly the same way as you have described, sometimes you think you have put things behind you, only to realize the wound breaks open again at the slightest thought.

A few days ago I made the bad decision to read this thread again from the beginning, and I had to break off in the middle because it made all those horrible times come back (and I know I shouldn't be doing this to myself)...Similar to what karvi expressed, feels like there is still something broken inside, not the same again as I was before. And I totally feel like alisbe described, one day I can be in an elated mood and feel like bouncing through the world singing VLV or something and the next day, terribly depressed. And these days seem to alternate a lot.

I don't know what you can do against this "rollercoaster" thing, unfortunately....wish it was more steady.

• Like 1

Your post it's pretty much describes my life since the beginning of the year. My life can be compared to a roller-coaster. I'm sure everyone has up and downs but in my case I used to have more ups than downs. This year is more like today I'm happy but the next is a bad one and the next is even worst, but then I'm the happiest girl on earth and then again I'm the saddest one. At the end of the day I just want to wish everyone happiness because we're here in this world to be happy. And even though I feel like that I don't want to lose hope. With that being said I wish everyone a wonderful week :)

I feel exactly the same, I think I have been feeling like that for around half a year now. It feels like I am okay or good for a few days just to have another breakdown. It was especially bad during the last months of last year, I'm a bit better now, but I still often get these days were I can't find a purpose in anything and hate myself for being the way I am.

But recently I think I've been finding out more things about myself and I learned to deal a bit better with everything. I've decided to just try my best to accept myself and the things that are happening to me the way they are and make the best out of it cause that's really all you can do. Maybe I'm only making really slow progress and sometimes fall backwards again, but I keep learning and finding out more things every day, especially in the dark times, and I guess that somehow gives life purpose. We probably just need to try to life for those moments when we forget our worries and be happy, for simple things like a new Coldplay song;)

I don't know if it helps any of you, but I found this video recently, and it made me think a lot and I found it very inspiring. You can watch it here:

• Like 4

I feel exactly the same, I think I have been feeling like that for around half a year now. It feels like I am okay or good for a few days just to have another breakdown. It was especially bad during the last months of last year, I'm a bit better now, but I still often get these days were I can't find a purpose in anything and hate myself for being the way I am.

But recently I think I've been finding out more things about myself and I learned to deal a bit better with everything. I've decided to just try my best to accept myself and the things that are happening to me the way they are and make the best out of it cause that's really all you can do. Maybe I'm only making really slow progress and sometimes fall backwards again, but I keep learning and finding out more things every day, especially in the dark times, and I guess that somehow gives life purpose. We probably just need to try to life for those moments when we forget our worries and be happy, for simple things like a new Coldplay song;)

I don't know if it helps any of you, but I found this video recently, and it made me think a lot and I found it very inspiring. You can watch it here:

That's interesting because the quote in the beginning of the video

"The most important thing you can do on this planet is to elevate, transform and illuminate your own consciousness."

is a realization that I came to a few days ago :relieved:

Also, just wanted to remind everyone that when you're having one of those bad days, the worst thing you can do is start blaming yourself. As much as we think we're in control of those feelings, we usually aren't. Everyone has anxious/depressed days, it's completely normal. True, some people have them more than others, but once again that is out of our control. In most cases you'll find that those bad feelings won't even begin to fade until you've fully accepted them. Also, I do think meditation helps in many situations, so that's a useful tool. I hope you all are doing well :)

• Like 2

Hang in there. You can do it !

If you feel low on energy, listen to this:

This version of Clocks always infuses me energy equivalent of 200 mg of caffeine and 1 mg of adrenaline ;)

@karvi22 and @alisbe - Sending you big hugs. Feeling exactly the same way as you have described, sometimes you think you have put things behind you, only to realize the wound breaks open again at the slightest thought.

A few days ago I made the bad decision to read this thread again from the beginning, and I had to break off in the middle because it made all those horrible times come back (and I know I shouldn't be doing this to myself)...Similar to what karvi expressed, feels like there is still something broken inside, not the same again as I was before. And I totally feel like alisbe described, one day I can be in an elated mood and feel like bouncing through the world singing VLV or something and the next day, terribly depressed. And these days seem to alternate a lot.

I don't know what you can do against this "rollercoaster" thing, unfortunately....wish it was more steady.

Sweeet shall listen to it. I got my report in and fully completed, just hope it is half decent... I seriously wish the best for all you guys, I feel the same but the mix of lack of sleep probably doesn't help. Like one day I am grateful to see the stars at night and the beautiful sunsets in the evenings but then the next I can be feeling lonely, isolated and just depressed. But I guess you just have to stumble through those days and be ready to run on the better days.

Wow this really is a sweet version of clocks :D

Do you ever get that feeling when you feel empty ?

you have so much to do or you want to do but you dont know how to do it?

that feeling of loneliness lingers around you and you try to hide it with a smile when someone comes around...

something's wrong but i can't identify what or why ...

• Like 2

that feeling of loneliness lingers around you and you try to hide it with a smile when someone comes around...

Yeah jesus yes. Sometimes I get that exact empty feeling and I have no idea why, like sometimes I Just feel like there's nothing really left in this life. Then I find myself trapping myself within these feelings and having nobody but myself to contemplate them which leads to further emptiness....

• Like 2

mindfulness is 100% key in learning how to manage your own emotions especially when things are constantly shifting between good and bad. i know some people meditate for this reason, but for me i find this easiest to do through yoga. it's about learning to listen to yourself, mind and body, and accepting things (i.e. how you feel) the way they are right now, but knowing that you have the power to change that with really simple steps like the words you use when thinking about yourself. it's definitely hard and constant work, but it is possible if you put the effort in...

"sitting with the poison takes away the pain"

this is of course not to say that if anyone is suffering from legit mental illness like depression that you can just cure it by thinking really hard about not being depressed. for me, this has worked to help me manage my anxiety on my own, but some people need more than that, some people can't control it without the help of medication and that's OK too. but i would say that it's still useful to at least give this a try if you haven't already.

• Like 2

That's interesting because the quote in the beginning of the video

"The most important thing you can do on this planet is to elevate, transform and illuminate your own consciousness."

is a realization that I came to a few days ago :relieved:

Also, just wanted to remind everyone that when you're having one of those bad days, the worst thing you can do is start blaming yourself. As much as we think we're in control of those feelings, we usually aren't. Everyone has anxious/depressed days, it's completely normal. True, some people have them more than others, but once again that is out of our control. In most cases you'll find that those bad feelings won't even begin to fade until you've fully accepted them. Also, I do think meditation helps in many situations, so that's a useful tool. I hope you all are doing well :)

Thank you for the reminder:heart:

I've been trying to keep that in mind recently too, some time ago I when I was feeling bad I would always search for a reason or blame myself for not being stronger or wasting another day being sad etc. But that makes it only worse so I just try to accept it because it's impossible to always feel good and it's not my fault that I maybe get stressed more easily than other people.

And I agree about meditation, it helps me a lot and it also taught me that sometimes just taking a few deep breaths can make everything a lot better.

• Like 2

mindfulness is 100% key in learning how to manage your own emotions especially when things are constantly shifting between good and bad. i know some people meditate for this reason, but for me i find this easiest to do through yoga. it's about learning to listen to yourself, mind and body, and accepting things (i.e. how you feel) the way they are right now, but knowing that you have the power to change that with really simple steps like the words you use when thinking about yourself. it's definitely hard and constant work, but it is possible if you put the effort in...

"sitting with the poison takes away the pain"

this is of course not to say that if anyone is suffering from legit mental illness like depression that you can just cure it by thinking really hard about not being depressed. for me, this has worked to help me manage my anxiety on my own, but some people need more than that, some people can't control it without the help of medication and that's OK too. but i would say that it's still useful to at least give this a try if you haven't already.

I actually prefer doing Yoga too, it's easier for me to stay focused. I sometimes practice meditation too and I tried to do it regularly for a while but I found that it didn't help me so much to just do it at some point of the day. I really love Yoga because it almost always leaves me feeling more positive and with a clear mind. I try to just listen to my body and take a break if I need it, even if I didn't do much that day. I think the most important thing to learn is that you really need to take care of yourself and listen to your body if things are getting too much. I always used to compare myself to others and think I must be able to do so many things at once just because they are. But now I try to accept that I just am who I am and need to make the best of it. And looking at things that way has definitely helped me a lot.

I'm lucky that my anxiety is not that severe so I can handle it on my own by being mindful and I think it's very important to try to figure out what is best for you.

But I totally agree, everyone should get the help they need if they can't control it on their own.

• Like 1

I know that feeling so so well. It's like your always searching for something, but you can't quite identify what it is... And you feel like no one gets you...

Hang in there, better days will come, I promise:heart: Until then maybe try to distract yourself, listen to music you love and do something that makes you forget time and feel happy

• Like 1

I actually prefer doing Yoga too, it's easier for me to stay focused. I sometimes practice meditation too and I tried to do it regularly for a while but I found that it didn't help me so much to just do it at some point of the day. I really love Yoga because it almost always leaves me feeling more positive and with a clear mind. I try to just listen to my body and take a break if I need it, even if I didn't do much that day. I think the most important thing to learn is that you really need to take care of yourself and listen to your body if things are getting too much. I always used to compare myself to others and think I must be able to do so many things at once just because they are. But now I try to accept that I just am who I am and need to make the best of it. And looking at things that way has definitely helped me a lot.

I'm lucky that my anxiety is not that severe so I can handle it on my own by being mindful and I think it's very important to try to figure out what is best for you.

But I totally agree, everyone should get the help they need if they can't control it on their own.

yes! one of the things i love so much about yoga is while it's an outlet for the mindfulness, it's also exercise and helps you keep fit. yoga works your entire body in ways i think a lot of people don't realize. and it's a practice, so no matter your current level of athleticism or flexibility, there's always somewhere for you to start and the more you do it, the more progress you'll see.

• Like 1

yes! one of the things i love so much about yoga is while it's an outlet for the mindfulness, it's also exercise and helps you keep fit. yoga works your entire body in ways i think a lot of people don't realize. and it's a practice, so no matter your current level of athleticism or flexibility, there's always somewhere for you to start and the more you do it, the more progress you'll see.

Exactly, I feel like with Yoga there's so pressure to be "good" like with other types of exercises, and it's working the mind as well as the body. For me when I do Yoga I feel accepted the way I am. What matters is your own progress.

And also it helps me clear my mind and forget about negative thoughts like no other type of exercise.

• Like 1

Yeah jesus yes. Sometimes I get that exact empty feeling and I have no idea why, like sometimes I Just feel like there's nothing really left in this life. Then I find myself trapping myself within these feelings and having nobody but myself to contemplate them which leads to further emptiness....

This might be a pretty useless post because I don't have any advice, but reading those things is very heartbreaking. We are all so young and we see no meaning to our life...? I always wonder how it is going to be when we are all old, have lost people close to us and may not be in good health any more. How do people who are old and sick get through life ? What makes them get up in the morning when they know the day ahead is full of frailty, loneliness or pain ? I'm really scared about the future and that everything will be even worse, and at the same time I know we shouldn't be depressed right now when we are relatively young and healthy. And I also sometimes wonder if it is ever possible to be steadily happy in life when at all times in life death and all those other negative things are around us. It is as if life somehow already comes with the seed of death (well, that's for sure), loss and unhappiness, if you know what I mean. I don't know if that makes sense.

Off-topic, but right now my browser did a pretty big mess-up in this thread which is (for a change, here) hilarious, I have no idea how that happened:

what2.JPG.17ab5c5f1637dc110cd70acfd855b115.JPG

what1.JPG.e3b634db3360e9c313b14f9a242b193b.JPG

• Like 3

This might be a pretty useless post because I don't have any advice, but reading those things is very heartbreaking. We are all so young and we see no meaning to our life...? I always wonder how it is going to be when we are all old, have lost people close to us and may not be in good health any more. How do people who are old and sick get through life ? What makes them get up in the morning when they know the day ahead is full of frailty, loneliness or pain ? I'm really scared about the future and that everything will be even worse, and at the same time I know we shouldn't be depressed right now when we are relatively young and healthy. And I also sometimes wonder if it is ever possible to be steadily happy in life when at all times in life death and all those other negative things are around us. It is as if life somehow already comes with the seed of death (well, that's for sure), loss and unhappiness, if you know what I mean. I don't know if that makes sense.

I sometimes feel like that as well, I even know lots of people who are around 13 and feel the way do or even worse. In fact I think things were probably - at least in some ways - worse for me than they are now when I was 13.

But I think I've always kind of been an optimist and expected things to get better, that's probably what always kept me going somehow. Sure there will be terrible times ahead of all of us at some point, but I think maybe you can also figure out more things as you get older. I try not to worry so much about what is ahead because that'll only make it worse and you can't control it anyway.

I think such a thing as steadily being happy simply doesn't exist. Even the most positive and happy people get bad days sometimes. All you can do is accept things as they come and try to make the most of it. And we also need negative experiences in our lives to grow. As Chris says (I will never stop quoting this): "Life is beautiful in all its colors, even the darker ones, they're here for a reason."

And just think of Chris, it also took him until he was almost 40 to find true happiness and meaning in life;)

Off-topic, but right now my browser did a pretty big mess-up in this thread which is (for a change, here) hilarious, I have no idea how that happened:

[ATTACH=full]6852[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]6853[/ATTACH]

Omg:joy::joy:

• Like 1

And just think of Chris, it also took him until he was almost 40 to find true happiness and meaning in life;)

i was thinking the same thing :D

i feel like it's actually probably something that, for most people at least, does get easier the older you get, even though it seems like it would get harder... but of course i can't say for sure :P

• Like 2

i feel like it's actually probably something that, for most people at least, does get easier the older you get, even though it seems like it would get harder... but of course i can't say for sure :p

Yeah I always have that idea as well that you learn more about life as you get older and therefore can make more sense of everything:D

Maybe that's what I want to believe but I honestly don't care cause I need hope to hold on to:joy:

i feel like it's actually probably something that, for most people at least, does get easier the older you get, even though it seems like it would get harder... but of course i can't say for sure :P

YES! Having crossed that line myself, I am here to say it DOES get easier. [emoji108][emoji16]joy! That feeling of ennui, of constant dissatisfaction does fade. There is a sense of acceptance or feeling at home in your own skin , that settles in. I hope you find the same peace[emoji120][emoji171].

• Like 6

I quote only some of you but think all here have been talking about the same thing. Think this is part of life, some days we are in a good mood but some other days we're not, and that's allright. We don't have to be happy all the time. We must try to, but if we can't make it that's totally fine. Actually, life gives us more bad moments than good ones, so it's normal that sometimes we feel devastated. But we can do something about it. We should try to appreciate the good things we have, even if they seem insignificant. We have to appreciate every single beautiful detail of our lives. And when we pass through a tough moment, we must find the possitive side of it. Maybe a bad moment can make us stronger. Or maybe it can teach us something.

For example, someone I really cared about really disappointed me during the last months. I thought this person was caring and generous, but in the end this person turned to be just the opposite. I didn't expect that and I was really hurt, but I learnt something: maybe I should trust a little bit less on people. I tend to think everybody is nice, but that's not the truth, so now I know I have to be prepaired to this kind of disappointments...

As I've said, I'm still trying to bring back the light to my life, but despite all the bad things, think I'm embracing the bright moments more than ever. A walk on the park, a conversation with an old friend, a CP random video... these little things now are more meaningful to me than before. And maybe that's the best thing we can do when everything seems to go wrong...

Hope you can find the light in your lives... :) And remember: when you're in pain, when you think you've had enough... don't ever give up!

PD: @I ran away really loved that Clocks version!

• Like 8

About things getting easier when you are getting older, I can confirm that.

Yesterday, I had a car accident, someone hit me from behind and then escaped (hit-and-run offence).

The 20 year old me would have panicked. But I'm pretty calm under the circumstances. Just glad that there is only material damage.

I saw this in a newspaper yesterday:

1490350124299.thumb.png.a3f5ad1a56526585c35c483fa2503b0d.png

• Like 6

I quote only some of you but think all here have been talking about the same thing. Think this is part of life, some days we are in a good mood but some other days we're not, and that's allright. We don't have to be happy all the time. We must try to, but if we can't make it that's totally fine. Actually, life gives us more bad moments than good ones, so it's normal that sometimes we feel devastated. But we can do something about it. We should try to appreciate the good things we have, even if they seem insignificant. We have to appreciate every single beautiful detail of our lives. And when we pass through a tough moment, we must find the possitive side of it. Maybe a bad moment can make us stronger. Or maybe it can teach us something.

For example, someone I really cared about really disappointed me during the last months. I thought this person was caring and generous, but in the end this person turned to be just the opposite. I didn't expect that and I was really hurt, but I learnt something: maybe I should trust a little bit less on people. I tend to think everybody is nice, but that's not the truth, so now I know I have to be prepaired to this kind of disappointments...

As I've said, I'm still trying to bring back the light to my life, but despite all the bad things, think I'm embracing the bright moments more than ever. A walk on the park, a conversation with an old friend, a CP random video... these little things now are more meaningful to me than before. And maybe that's the best thing we can do when everything seems to go wrong...

Hope you can find the light in your lives... :) And remember: when you're in pain, when you think you've had enough... don't ever give up!

PD: @I ran away really loved that Clocks version!

Yeah that's what I'm always trying to do and it does make me happy just looking at the smaller things :) But your trust in people is such an awesome quality trust me not many people can or do or like to open up to others readily. Idk I just feel like for me at least the connections I have sometimes with new people or strangers just for being open and too trusting are worth the times I get hurt from it.

• Like 1

About things getting easier when you are getting older, I can confirm that.

Yesterday, I had a car accident, someone hit me from behind and then escaped (hit-and-run offence).

The 20 year old me would have panicked. But I'm pretty calm under the circumstances. Just glad that there is only material damage.

I saw this in a newspaper yesterday:

[ATTACH=full]6860[/ATTACH]

Oh great! At least I'm not expected to understand people's emotions just yet :)

• Like 1