✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Don't Let It Break Your Heart!

Little Miss Coldplay

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already mentioned this in another thread, but I think it might be a bit more suited for this one. Thank you again to @I ran away and @guy42 for your kind responses earlier. : )

Anyways, I'm moving away to university in about a month and the anxiety is starting to build. I'm starting from the top of the first page... I know I need to embrace the change, but it's going to be tough at first. :worried:

This might be super late :D (Sorry for that)

I don't know if I've ever responded to this, I know that you are at university now. And I only wanted to say good luck and that you'll have a great time!! ;)

• Like 1

you know, @42Escapist as time goes by, you'll definitely enjoy your time at uni.! Best wishes from your fellow coldplayer!

This might be super late :D (Sorry for that)

I don't know if I've ever responded to this, I know that you are at university now. And I only wanted to say good luck and that you'll have a great time!! ;)

Thank you so much, @Athena Pedroza and @Gideon_Mx ! :) I really appreciate all the kind words from my fellow Coldplayers and I'm happy that I can share this adventure of a lifetime with you all. ;)

It's amazing how therapeutic music and a community of fans can be. I am having a much better time now than I thought I would, and listening to AHFOD is helping me a lot as I adjust. Even songs I wouldn't really like otherwise, like Hymn For The Weekend, are speaking to me in new ways. When I combine that with the friendly community of fellow Coldplay fans, it keeps me optimistic and ready to take on whatever challenges this new chapter of my life throws at me.

• Like 4

Thank you everyone for the kind words, I knew this community, it's very caring and for that I'm glad :)

Hey I remember you! :) I took a long break too for far less serious reasons... but now I'm back and looking to stick around indefinitely. Seeing the band live for the first time really reignited my love for them after months of letting family problems and academics replace all the time I had previously spent listening to music and posting on forums.

Please don't worry about talking about how you feel... Coldplaying is like a family, especially in this thread. I am so glad that just talking about your pain is helping you heal from what you've been going through. I am so glad to see you around here again and no matter how much time you want to spend here, just know that there are people here that you can count on to be there for you. :)

Thank you. :)

Hey, welcome back!

I still remember you stopped posting on here shortly after I joined[emoji6]

I'm really sorry to hear that. I was lucky that something like this never happened to me so far but I imagine loosing two people in a short amount of time must be really hard. But as you wrote, it's important to focus on the good times you had.

Sometimes it just feels really good to put everything in words and let it out. We're always here to listen[emoji4]

Thank you, I was doing that as I wrote so I wasn't all sad.

Oh,this sounds so overwhelming. My grandpa passed away on August 4 th,just like your close person and just in the middle of my great vacations

I can imagine how you feel. The death and loss really scares me of course,but my faith helps me. I can't say anything else about death except belief that our love ones still live. I believe in heaven and like O says: "Into smoke I'm turned and rise..."

I admire people who don't believe but still live and survive deaths of love ones staying strong and brave. I don't know how they manage to do that because faith is the only answer to death for me.

I hope you'll find your answers,strenght and peace.

If you need to talk or share some thoughts,we are here. PM or anything.

Hold on,Coldplay is with you!

I believe. Thank you. :)

Today, it's been 5 years since I lost my Mum, and Coldplay's music and this lovely place and lovely people really have got me through the worst times of my life. I keep thinking "Fly on" and "The light that you left me will everglow", as well as "See each sunrise as a gift".

[emoji172] [emoji171] [emoji170] [emoji169]

xxxx

I haven't read through posts on this thread for a long time but will try to soon x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Coldplaying mobile app

I'm so sorry! :( For the one I've lost, that Everglow song continually keeps popping up in my head, all the lyrics like especially "They say people come, say people go, this particular diamond was extra special and though you might be gone, and the world may not know still I see you, celestial" and the one that you mentioned too. There's quite a few other Coldplay songs that are always in my head, for example Fix You (that was the project I mentioned in my post, I extended it.)

She'll forever be in your heart though, as with the one I was close to that passed away. You feel that more as time goes on and then you stop feeling alone and then... I feel more happy :)

Thank you so much, @Athena Pedroza and @Gideon_Mx ! :) I really appreciate all the kind words from my fellow Coldplayers and I'm happy that I can share this adventure of a lifetime with you all. ;)

It's amazing how therapeutic music and a community of fans can be. I am having a much better time now than I thought I would, and listening to AHFOD is helping me a lot as I adjust. Even songs I wouldn't really like otherwise, like Hymn For The Weekend, are speaking to me in new ways. When I combine that with the friendly community of fellow Coldplay fans, it keeps me optimistic and ready to take on whatever challenges this new chapter of my life throws at me.

I agree with all this post, thanks :)

• Like 7

Hello everyone.

You may have noticed that I have not posted on this site in around 5 months. This isn't the main part of the post but I may as well get it out of the way... this probably won't be the last time this happens. I typically have periods where I get really interested in something for a while, be it 2 weeks or a year, and then take a break from it almost entirely before re visiting it again. Anyone like me do this too? I've noticed most of you haven't gone for this long as I have tho... (so long for that one post I made in that one game I made, yeahhh I kinda lied about that LOL. Don't ever trust that.) I also probably won't be on as much, just saying...

Came back partially because it's been around a year since I've joined, but there's more to it...

On to the main point of the post, and the main point why I'm posting it here in this thread... something relatively recently happened in my life that completely made things come crashing down for me. The first half of my summer was amazing. I went and did something I always wanted to do for a while now, took 3 week vacation, it was super amazing. Loved every single bit of it. Got to listen to my favorite songs almost every step of the way. :) Then came the night of August 4th, a little over a week after I got back from vacation (which I always hate too).

This sad event happened 3 days earlier, on the morning of August 1st. The weekend before was rough for her. She fell ill rather quickly, the only explanation they had was that she was old. On the evening before this happened she was in good hands and great care, she had a nice sleep. The next morning I don't know much about, exactly when it happened or what... all I know, is that there came a time where someone layed beside her. Looked into her eyes... started to cry... and for the final time... kissed her goodbye. Not long after waking up, she fell asleep once again, and in great comfort. But this time, her eyes wouldn't open again. She had peacefully passed away. :'(

I learned of this news once again on the night of August 4th. It took me two hours to even begin reading the post after noticing the "after a rough weekend" part of it. At first I was in shock and didn't know what to think at all. A light thunderstorm passed overhead just as I began reading it, fittingly enough. I went to bed not too long afterward, finally started to cry myself to sleep. The next day was pure despair, I felt lonely and sad alllll day, it was one of the worst days I'd ever had. I'd frequently have crying spells. I couldn't handle without it. Anything I was interested in before this point had gone away, I simply did not have the energy to do it. So I pretty much just listened to sad music at my computer all day... I know, doesn't sound like much of a day but it's all I had the energy for. One of the projects I was working on I put down till yesterday, and I've now dedicated it to her (by the way, it is something Coldplay related :)) For the next week or so I'd fall asleep to the same sad song I am listening to right now as I read this post. The next day when I woke up and remembered and heard the song playing. I once again burst into tears, apparently so much that my mom came in and helped me. I had to force myself to stop because if it felt like I did it any more, my eyes would catch on fire. I've never once had that happen to me before. That must have really been good for me because I didn't feel as consistently bad that day as I did the previous day, still pretty miserable though. For these two days it was mostly cloudy, thundering on the 5th, not much the following day, very fitting for that time in my life though. Eventually I did feel much better, and I was enjoying myself a little more. Started focusing on the fun times with her, which actually was two times on vacation last month for like half an hour each time. I didn't get to know her well. But I loved (and still do love) her beyond any amount of words could even remotely begin to explain. Sometimes I feel she's my long lost sister. So anyway I did start to get better...... until the morning of the 17th rolled around. It happened again. Another one I love passed away and the cycle repeated itself, perhaps not as badly since I've already had it happen to me once soon before. I eventually picked myself back up again and am now feeling much better then I used to, although now to look back on this makes me a little sadder, yet happy for them that their suffering has came to an end.

To close, I'd like to thank all of you in here so far for being such nice people. I've read the comments and you all seem very compassionate of people who've gone through troubles. I realize this is a community where no one should be put down and we all respect each other, this thread I've noticed is dedicated for helping each other out :) Sorry if this seems over-dramatic. I just really feel the need to talk, for some reason it makes me feel better the more I write it. Because I loved both of them far beyond any amount of words could begin to remotely explain.

RIP Maya. You and the other one I love forever hold a very deep spot inside my heart and soul. I now take comfort in the fact that I know that the both of you are suffering no more. And one day, I know we'll meet again, somehow, someway.

Thank you anyone who's taken the time to read this far. I appreciate it.

Heeeeyyyyyyy! Glad to see you back. Please! Take advantage of this awesome community here and make yourself at home! :)

I'm really sorry for all that you went through this past month. I'm not sure how to comfort you in this situation, but I believe that you'll find the strength to keep going and keep being your amazing self! :awesome:

• Like 3

Last days have been hard for me. I went back to university and it seems like this academic year is the hardest one. I don't know if I will be able to pass it and I'm afraid of failing. Sometimes I don't even know if I chose the right career... don't know if this is the life I want to live. These doubts are killing me more than never. As Coldplay says, "I don't know which way I'm going and I don't know which way I've come". I haven't had so much time to listen to CP either, so I've been feeling terrible during all this past week. It's weird, you know? A few weeks ago I was in my summer wacation, dreaming about seeing CP again on a concert, enjoying time on the beach, being happy with simple stuff... but suddenly all of that is gone. I feel like I won't never have that happiness again. Real life is tearing me apart in a terrible way and I don't know why. All I can feel now is sadness and stress. This never happened to me before, I've always tried to see the bright side of the life... I'd like to be opthimistic, but I don't really know how to do it right now.

• Like 2

@cp3176, I very clearly remember you. We did miss you! It sounds like you are doing what you need to do and taking time to work through your grief. Thais for sharing your story with us. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. FYI, I am just like you with taking breaks from something of interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Last days have been hard for me. I went back to university and it seems like this academic year is the hardest one. I don't know if I will be able to pass it and I'm afraid of failing. Sometimes I don't even know if I chose the right career... don't know if this is the life I want to live. These doubts are killing me more than never. As Coldplay says, "I don't know which way I'm going and I don't know which way I've come". I haven't had so much time to listen to CP either, so I've been feeling terrible during all this past week. It's weird, you know? A few weeks ago I was in my summer wacation, dreaming about seeing CP again on a concert, enjoying time on the beach, being happy with simple stuff... but suddenly all of that is gone. I feel like I won't never have that happiness again. Real life is tearing me apart in a terrible way and I don't know why. All I can feel now is sadness and stress. This never happened to me before, I've always tried to see the bright side of the life... I'd like to be opthimistic, but I don't really know how to do it right now.

The same happens to me with my job which is very stressful. Few weeks ago I was on the beach,just like you. It's hard to get back to real life so I'll say a few tips for all of us:

1. Life IS hard and it's not meant to spend it only enjoying and taking vacations. We should accept that and just go through it with concentration amd strenght.

2.Coldplay have worked really hard to be on the position where they are now. I think about them and how hard they work,how much time they sacrifice for work instead of lying on the beach with their families.

3. You're not alone,many young people feel the same confusion about life path. If you need counselling about your career, may be you have some student counselour at your university.

4. Hold on,listen Coldplay,talk to someone,accept that life is hard and cruel sometimes but that's good for us,we should take it as a lesson and a sports game.

5. Don't let it break your heart!

• Like 3

@karvi22 first thing "Life has a beautiful crazy design" and life isn't that easy nor that difficult. Basically, what @Kamili said are great suggestions and I would add that there's always time to do a little bit of what you love, like listening to Coldplay while you're doing your homework or taking a shower. Or if you want to check coldplaying you can do it early in the morning or during a break, even if you don't post (like me) you're taking some time for you. We all need some time to relax, and it doesn't mean going on vacation every weekend. We need time just for us or we'll go crazy because of stress. Remember that anything is possible but at the same time anything has its own moment. Right now you have to focus on school and being a student, because part of your future relys on that. Organise your time to be a friend because you need someone to talk to, to ask for help and to be there for someone who needs you. Get some time to be a son/daughter to show you're parents you love them and that they can be proud of you even if you feel a little bit down (I'm sorry I'm not sure if you've specified your gender, but hopefully you'll get my point)

With that being said I have to go. I just came to give you a reply to show you that you're not alone and that all of us have gone through that but we've found some ways to survive :D. My real life is a blessing (or at least that's what I want to believe:P) and I have lots of things to do. See you soon :)

• Like 5

Thank you all for more comments. I just want to say, I do feel a lotttttt better now, right around the 24th of August I found the energy to finally do stuff again. I don't feel as sad as I once did, although when I think of them I do get a little sad, but also happy for them and the times we spend together, even if it was just a little bit :)

Heeeeyyyyyyy! Glad to see you back. Please! Take advantage of this awesome community here and make yourself at home! :)

I'm really sorry for all that you went through this past month. I'm not sure how to comfort you in this situation, but I believe that you'll find the strength to keep going and keep being your amazing self! :awesome:

Thank you :)

@cp3176 All I can say is that we missed you :) and that I'm sorry to hear about your losses, hope you'll get better very soon

Thank you. :)

Dude. Same. It seemed like only yesterday I was having the time of my life, getting visit the ones I love and also going to the beach. I loved vacation soooo much. Then it all came crumbling down it seems... and now here I am, summer over once again. But trust me, this is just the way things go. Good always follows bad and bad always follows good. The sun must set to rise, you know that darkness always turns into light. Man I swear if I ever release an album or something my debut is going to be centered around that whole idea... :) We should appreciate what we have in life right now, because it could be muchhhhh worse. if you need anyone to talk to we're all here for you :)

@cp3176, I very clearly remember you. We did miss you! It sounds like you are doing what you need to do and taking time to work through your grief. Thais for sharing your story with us. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. FYI, I am just like you with taking breaks from something of interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha so there are people like me! Good to know lol :)

Thank you.

• Like 4

Hey @cp3176, long time no see. Welcome back. :)

I'm sorry to read about your loss, it never is easy to have to say goodbye to people you love.

Good to see that you are feeling a bit better now.

I've had a very busy and stressful week myself.

Things at work were not going well and were absorbing all my energy. I even didn't have the mood anymore to come over here.

But, in the end this forum is always a good place to come back to, the positivity and good vibes over here are just what I need. :)

• Like 5

Hey @cp3176, long time no see. Welcome back. :)

I'm sorry to read about your loss, it never is easy to have to say goodbye to people you love.

Good to see that you are feeling a bit better now.

I've had a very busy and stressful week myself.

Things at work were not going well and were absorbing all my energy. I even didn't have the mood anymore to come over here.

But, in the end this forum is always a good place to come back to, the positivity and good vibes over here are just what I need. :)

Hopefully things get better for you. I totally agree with this forum, it's probably one of the nicest places on the Internet.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm feeling too sad and angry today. Without saying too much I'll just say that yesterday was an awful day even though it started in a really good way. I just wanted to get it off my chest because that's the best way to let things go. Perhaps I'm not saying why but just by writing this lines I'm feeling better. I write some lines when I'm feeling something that I don't normally feel, but I don't get a reply and hopefully this time I will. I know that this doesn't make any sense, this is something I just needed to do.:sad:

• Like 6

I'm feeling too sad and angry today. Without saying too much I'll just say that yesterday was an awful day even though it started in a really good way. I just wanted to get it off my chest because that's the best way to let things go. Perhaps I'm not saying why but just by writing this lines I'm feeling better. I write some lines when I'm feeling something that I don't normally feel, but I don't get a reply and hopefully this time I will. I know that this doesn't make any sense, this is something I just needed to do.:sad:

Oh...

I'm sending you a big hug.

• Like 1

I hope you feel better soon[emoji173]

Whatever happened, remember that better days will come[emoji4]

• Like 3

@alisbe I send you a hug as well ! I can understand the feeling of writing something making you feel better already. If you don't want to say what it is about that's fine. If you want advice or something and you feel that you are ready to say more, maybe at some later time point, that's fine too. Whatever makes you feel comfortable. I am so sorry something bad happened to you. Remember that every day is a new day that can be brighter than the last. To quote something else than the usual Coldplay lyrics in that direction, here is a line from "Gold in them hills" (the Chris Martin collaboration):

A word or two, my friend

There's no telling how the day might end

And we'll never know until we see

That there's gold in them hills

There's gold in them hills

So don't lose heart

Give the day a chance to start

(I haven't been in this thread for a long time...just wanted to respond to alisbe's post quickly, I need to read up all the other posts that have been made in the meantime when I have time ! will do it soon !)

• Like 4

That sucks to hear. Wasn't it just your birthday? Sorry that things fell down so shortly after.. I send a big hug your way too!

I know the feeling that telling other people makes everything better. When I had my sad time that's what I did make me feel more better/ And now I feel much better (however, tomorrow will mark the 2nd month since she's passed away... I can't believe it, seems like not long ago yet so far away... how the time flies. So I'll be a bit sadder and even in the days leading up I've been a bit sadder but yeah.)

Hope things get better!

@alisbe I send you a hug as well ! I can understand the feeling of writing something making you feel better already. If you don't want to say what it is about that's fine. If you want advice or something and you feel that you are ready to say more, maybe at some later time point, that's fine too. Whatever makes you feel comfortable. I am so sorry something bad happened to you. Remember that every day is a new day that can be brighter than the last. To quote something else than the usual Coldplay lyrics in that direction, here is a line from "Gold in them hills" (the Chris Martin collaboration):

A word or two, my friend

There's no telling how the day might end

And we'll never know until we see

That there's gold in them hills

There's gold in them hills

So don't lose heart

Give the day a chance to start

(I haven't been in this thread for a long time...just wanted to respond to alisbe's post quickly, I need to read up all the other posts that have been made in the meantime when I have time ! will do it soon !)

You explained everything so much better than me lol.

I adore that collaboration, such a nice song! :)

• Like 2

It's such a good place to get some things out of your chest. Coldplayers are always here to help *hug*

• Like 3

Thank you so much for your kind words, it really means a lot to me. It’s a very long story. It happened just a couple of hours before the day of my birthday ended. I was having a wonderful day, even Nie posted some birthday wishes here and some others joined her. I had really beautiful surprises...

... I've written twice a short explanation but nothing really makes any sense at all. I'm being selfish and stupid any time I try to put into words what made me feel that way. Anyways, I'm feeling much better now and I've realised that I was making a huge drama. There are out there things that are much more important, and I really mean it. Again, thank you so much for sending all your virtual hugs and good wishes and Gold in Them hills has a new special meaning thanks to @I ran away . I love this community so much :heart:

@cp3176 I send you a big hug. It'll be a hard day for you but it's a good day to bring back the wonderful memories you had with her. Stay strong and my prayers are for you this day.

• Like 6

Thank you so much for your kind words, it really means a lot to me. It’s a very long story. It happened just a couple of hours before the day of my birthday ended. I was having a wonderful day, even Nie posted some birthday wishes here and some others joined her. I had really beautiful surprises...

... I've written twice a short explanation but nothing really makes any sense at all. I'm being selfish and stupid any time I try to put into words what made me feel that way. Anyways, I'm feeling much better now and I've realised that I was making a huge drama. There are out there things that are much more important, and I really mean it. Again, thank you so much for sending all your virtual hugs and good wishes and Gold in Them hills has a new special meaning thanks to @I ran away . I love this community so much :heart:

@cp3176 I send you a big hug. It'll be a hard day for you but it's a good day to bring back the wonderful memories you had with her. Stay strong and my prayers are for you this day.

Glad to hear your better. :)

And thanks for the wishes. This day will be tomorrow. Two months ago already... It's so hard to imagine the time has gone by that quick. Went by so fast yet so far away... Wow. I know what was going on at this time exactly two months ago and now am starting to get sad already.

Stay strong, @alisbe and @cp3176. :hug:

Wishing you better days ahead!

Thank you :)

• Like 2

glad to hear you're feeling better. it really does help to write things out, even if no one else ends up seeing them. and even if you're in a good mood, writing things down can still help keep your head clear. for a few weeks, i've been trying to write for ten minutes every night before i go to bed, just to basically recap what i did that day... there have been several days i've forgotten to do it of course :P but i think it has already helped me, especially when it comes to feeling anxious and not knowing exactly why. writing helps me get to the bottom of it and then i feel like i can start to move on after that.

• Like 4