When I was so thirsty

We're on a symphony

Now I just can't get enough

What Batman heard:

I said, drink from me, drink from me

When I was so thirsty

We're on a symphony

Now I just can't get it up

First time I listened to it I was like: "Damn CHris you're uncomfortably honest nowadays, jeeEEZ"

Not to mention, having the line ending THAT way, I thought the entire song was about actual blowjobs and some rather kinky shit going on there in terms of "DRINK FROM ME" I mean... yeah you get the idea lmao.

Still laugh my ass off everytime I listen to that particular line, I will never get it corrected in my head HAHAHAH

Lol. To this day I still don't know what "drink from me" is supposed to mean :confounded:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actual songtext:

When I was so thirsty

We're on a symphony

Now I just can't get enough

What Batman heard:

When I was so thirsty

We're on a symphony

Now I just can't get it up

First time I listened to it I was like: "Damn CHris you're uncomfortably honest nowadays, jeeEEZ"

Not to mention, having the line ending THAT way, I thought the entire song was about actual blowjobs and some rather kinky shit going on there in terms of "DRINK FROM ME" I mean... yeah you get the idea lmao.

Still laugh my ass off everytime I listen to that particular line, I will never get it corrected in my head HAHAHAH

i mean he said he was thirsty

• Like 1

Uh oh, someone is trying to get a headstart on the Biggest Coldplaying Perv award for 2017 already ! :p

I think it's become natural at this point. She's just maintaining her skills :p

Yeah but he can't get enough

:joy:

• Like 2

Lol. To this day I still don't know what "drink from me" is supposed to mean :confounded:

And we never will! D:

Uh oh, someone is trying to get a headstart on the Biggest Coldplaying Perv award for 2017 already ! :p

I think it's become natural at this point. She's just maintaining her skills :p

This haha. It's just the first reaction that comes to my mind °___°

Yeah but he can't get enough:joy:

tumblr_mmm0z5eAVG1qlrxk7o2_400.gif

Oh my gaaaaawd u guys

real talk i thought it was supposed to be a religious-y thing

church + club = Hymn for the Weekend :P

but also i just remembered this (at 41:42), Chris in reference to a question about which is harder, writing a song or raising a kid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=bIkuR_JUCtQ;m=41;s=42

"writing a song takes a little longer... than..."

"making children?"

"even our shortest songs last slightly - what? what am i talking about?"

• Like 2

real talk i thought it was supposed to be a religious-y thing

church + club = Hymn for the Weekend :p

but also i just remembered this (at 41:42), Chris in reference to a question about which is harder, writing a song or raising a kid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=bIkuR_JUCtQ;m=41;s=42

"writing a song takes a little longer... than..."

"making children?"

"even our shortest songs last slightly - what? what am i talking about?"

Ah, that makes some sense; I know there is a Biblical passage about drinking from the "river of life." The song also mentions angels sent down from up above, and that part of the Bible talks a lot about that kind of thing. Wow, we're getting so deep into the lyrics now...

Ah, that makes some sense; I know there is a Biblical passage about drinking from the "river of life." The song also mentions angels sent down from up above, and that part of the Bible talks a lot about that kind of thing. Wow, we're getting so deep into the lyrics now...

i'm not of any religion so i can't say for sure, but it makes sense to me. there's also that thing about people drinking wine as the blood of Christ or whatever, that's where my head went first

i think Hymn for the Weekend is a more interesting song conceptually than most people give it credit for being :P but i can see why the more criticized bits can be hard to look past

i'm not of any religion so i can't say for sure, but it makes sense to me. there's also that thing about people drinking wine as the blood of Christ or whatever, that's where my head went first

Oops, never thought of that! That also makes perfect sense to me. The interesting question is, What did Chris mean by that? hmm...

i think Hymn for the Weekend is a more interesting song conceptually than most people give it credit for being :p but i can see why the more criticized bits can be hard to look past

That's totally true. I've been listening to AHFOD for a year now, and I finally muster the courage to look for the meaning of those lyrics lmao. It's so tempting to just say it's about a guy who likes to use drugs recreationally :p

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Is Chris religious, in the sense of an organized religion? I always think he is more spiritual?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

When I was just a little girl, driving home with my mother, I used to hear ‘Car with magic’ instead of ‘Call it magic’[emoji23]

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I'm sure we all misunderstood a least a few lines of some Coldplay songs, even if English is your native language :laugh4:

So I think it would be fun for us to write down a line of lyrics we heard, and a line of what is actually said :wink:

For example, I heard:

"And even if your aims are shadows, still we're never gonna part"

and it's actually

"Even in your rains and shadows, still we're never gonna part "

Mine was in Every teardrop is a waterfall where I thought every time he sang "maybe" i thought it was "baby"