✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-11-19] Coldplay headline Global Citizen Festival in India

Global Citizen Launches 15-Year Campaign to Mobilize Social Change in India

approved_coldplay.jpg__1500x670_q85_crop_subsampling-2.jpg

Sept. 9, 2016

On Monday we’re so excited to be announcing that on World Toilet Day — November 19th — we’re hosting the first-ever Global Citizen Festival in India, with an incredible lineup of international and Indian headliners including … Coldplay!

Just like our annual festival in Central Park, tickets to the Indian Festival will be FREE. Fans will earn them through taking actions in support of education, equality, and sanitation campaigns.

Starting Monday, tickets to the Global Citizen Festival in India can be earned through the new platform by signing up to become a Global Citizen and completing the festival’s action campaigns at GlobalCitizen.IN

In its first year, Global Citizen India will offer a wide cross-section of content and actions focused on creating meaningful impacts in the areas of education, equality, and clean water and sanitation. Check back on Monday and follow @GlblctznIN for more information.

LINK

• Like 5

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually a lot of media and people in India were making quite a circus out of some tabloid said ticket prices. Smh.. probably why they made this small announcement on a Friday before the planned official announcement next monday.

• Like 4

Actually a lot of media and people in India were making quite a circus out of some tabloid said ticket prices. Smh.. probably why they made this small announcement on a Friday before the planned official announcement next monday.

Yeah and they're even replying to some people on Twitter that were complaining about ticket prices. They're like "Tickets are FREE, actually" :lol:

• Like 2

Thank you so much for posting this, @Coeurli :)

Well, it looks like the full AHFOD tour might not be stopping in India, unless there are more tour dates to be announced, but it's awesome that Coldplay are helping spread the Global Citizen message to India.

It feels like they're planning an Asian tour in 2017 rather than late 2016 afterall, so maybe there's a chance they'll stop by India then?

• Like 1

it's funny because on FB earlier i saw people sharing articles talking about how ticket prices for their show would be outrageous and obviously none of those people actually knew what they were talking about :P

LOL I was looking at those messages and rolling my eyes. They were reporting the average ticket prices being close to 5000 dollars. Stupid tabloids being stupid :no:

I may have given a piece of my mind to a few people on Twitter :uhoh: :P

Good thing I knew what Global Citizen was :D and that our boys would never charge something like that especially in a country like India :lol:

So freaking excited for this DDD:

I'm already a Global Citizen and I've taken all the actions on the app. Is that generally how you win tickets? :3

I don't want to wait till Monday :bigcry:

It's 4 am here and I'm literally on the floor crying, with Moving to Mars playing at full volume :bigcry:

• Like 7

LOL I was looking at those messages and rolling my eyes. They were reporting the average ticket prices being close to 5000 dollars. Stupid tabloids being stupid :no:

Good thing I knew what Global Citizen was :D and that our boys would never charge something like that especially in a country like India :lol:

I'm already a Global Citizen and I've taken all the actions on the app. Is that generally how you win tickets? :3

It's 4 am here and I'm literally on the floor crying, with Moving to Mars playing at full volume :bigcry:

Best of luck to you on Monday :) I really hope you win tickets!!! :D

• Like 1

Omg I was reading those articles and tweets about people complaining too...they should get their facts straight before they start hatin! lol

I'm pretty sure that's how you win tickets. Were the actions you took for the GCF in NYC? If so, there might be separate actions you still have to do for India (which is what they may announce Monday?), as I'm not sure if the actions you've taken already will apply to India. But I'm not 100% certain on that.

I wish you all the luck in the world on winning tickets! :)

• Like 3

Omg I was reading those articles and tweets about people complaining too...they should get their facts straight before they start hatin! lol

I'm pretty sure that's how you win tickets. Were the actions you took for the GCF in NYC? If so, there might be separate actions you still have to do for India (which is what they may announce Monday?), as I'm not sure if the actions you've taken already will apply to India. But I'm not 100% certain on that.

I wish you all the luck in the world on winning tickets! :)

Ikr :angry:

It was so annoying having to listen to people harp on about those silly articles :no:

Yeah I thought so too. I'll have to go back and look at the app :lol: I never checked because I always assumed it was just for NYC and I just really liked doing the actions themselves xD

Andddd it is just for the festival at Central Park. Yeah I think they'll have some other actions for this concert :nod:

But I want to start doing them NOW :bigcry:

Aww thanks a lot love :nice::heart:

Best of luck to you on Monday :) I really hope you win tickets!!! :D

Thank youuuuuu :D :heart:

I seriously don't know what to do with myself right now D;

This - - - > :omgomg: is an exact representation of my face as I refresh the Global Citizen twitter page every 5 seconds. Can we please just skip Saturday and Sunday this week please? D: Who even needs the weekend pshhh

• Like 4

Alright, this is bloody exciting. Coldplay is coming to India at last, and they're playing in the same city I am living in, so this is absolutely incredible! I've been waiting 11 years for this, and although it isn't going to be a full 20 song set, I'm really looking forward to it!

The only thing that worries me is that there is a lucky draw involved in this, even after earning the required points. But maybe if I earn a few extra points, by referring more friends to sign up, my chances might just be better?

If that is the case (and I know I am sounding very selfish here), if you guys don't have any problem, and if you find the time, do you mind signing up as well using my reference link? It could give me those few extra points to get that ticket!

I absolutely understand if you wouldn't want to either..!

Thanks!

Here's the link:

globalcitizen.in/account/register/?referral_code=f4f544fdb5f766db8ee639797d3c38cb

• Like 2

Guest diogo_sg
Alright, this is bloody exciting. Coldplay is coming to India at last, and they're playing in the same city I am living in, so this is absolutely incredible! I've been waiting 11 years for this, and although it isn't going to be a full 20 song set, I'm really looking forward to it!

The only thing that worries me is that there is a lucky draw involved in this, even after earning the required points. But maybe if I earn a few extra points, by referring more friends to sign up, my chances might just be better?

If that is the case (and I know I am sounding very selfish here), if you guys don't have any problem, and if you find the time, do you mind signing up as well using my reference link? It could give me those few extra points to get that ticket!

Thanks!

Here's the link:

globalcitizen.in/account/register/?referral_code=f4f544fdb5f766db8ee639797d3c38cb

I wish you good luck and hope you get to win a ticket!

I'm already registered on Global Citizen, so I can't use your link, sorry. If I weren't, I'd definitely give you some help! :D

Thanks!

Here's the link:

I tried to use your link but I can't choose my actual location (I see only Indian ones )

I tried to use your link but I can't choose my actual location (I see only Indian ones )

Oh yeah, I forgot about that..! :/ Ah well, no problem..! I think I've already got enough points to enter for the first draw..! But thanks for checking..! :)

• Like 1

Hi, I am hoping to go for Global Citizen Fest as well. Any idea the duration of as to how long would ColdPlay perform?

Welcome to the forums. :) Sadly I can't make it because I live all the way across the world, but best of luck to you as well in finding a way to attend!

I am expecting them to perform for about 30 minutes. That's about how long their set was at the last Global Citizen Festival in New York, so I am guessing they will be on stage for about as long?

Hi, I am hoping to go for Global Citizen Fest as well. Any idea the duration of as to how long would ColdPlay perform?

welcome to the forum :)

I am expecting them to perform for about 30 minutes. That's about how long their set was at the last Global Citizen Festival in New York, so I am guessing they will be on stage for about as long?

but they were just a support (opening) act there. not the main headliner as promoted this time. i hope they'll get one hour. like the

final performer usually gets. then again, i wonder how long jay z will play for. but he doesn't seem to have a lot of hype so far.

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg

Welcome to the family! And good luck on winning those tickets :D