✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2017-7-16] Stade de France, Paris, France

Coeurli

One of the best Coldplay concerts i've attended! Absolutely incredible. I was there the night before as well, but the crowd was even better on the 16th. I mean they even started a Mexican wave DURING the concert when Chris was talking. Insane. Insane.

I'm going to the 3rd date as well, will post my reviews whenever i can! This is really an adventure of a lifetime and my favourite shows of the tour so far. So happy and grateful.

• Like 5

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last night was my final night and Mike the cameraman really made it worth it for me, saw myself on the screens a handful of times! Hope I can make the live release hahaha I also got a setlist and Chris' pick! I'm at the airport now during a layover and can't really process last night.

It was my 7th show of this tour and while Australian shows are generally great, the European crowds are a whole other level of energetic. I'm so glad I got to experience them both nights in Cardiff and the first two of Stade. The energy is something special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Wait WHAT

How is that possible, I was barrier at the C stage last night ?!

Was it then that you saw me? Otherwise it was definitely someone else haha

Hmmm, were you standing behind a LoVe flag ? And just to clarify - were you not in the EE queue yesterday ?

I thought I saw you on the big screen on July 15 as well, but maybe I am just mixing you up with someone else. Since I don't know you personally I just thought it was you based on the Gluten Tag photo, but maybe I got it wrong or you have a lookalike :D

Hmmm, were you standing behind a LoVe flag ? And just to clarify - were you not in the EE queue yesterday ?

I thought I saw you on the big screen on July 15 as well, but maybe I am just mixing you up with someone else. Since I don't know you personally I just thought it was you based on the Gluten Tag photo, but maybe I got it wrong or you have a lookalike :D

I was regular standing on the 16th, didn't arrive at the venue until the afternoon. You must've mixed it up with someone else haha

I did appear on the big screen on July 15 though! During Yellow I think.

• Like 1

As an early 18th birthday present from my parents I was given tickets to go see Coldplay live in France on 16/07/2017 (it was a complete surprise- they just handed me an envelope with the tickets in 1 week before!).

It was my first ever concert and the first time I ever saw Coldplay live.

I live in England so it was a double shock for me that they got me tickets to see Coldplay in France!

Obviously I was so excited! (My mum filmed me opening the envelope and my reaction when I see what's inside is hilarious!).

We were sat in section E 14 row 56, we were pretty close to the stage, although we couldn't see their faces properly we had the big screens to make up for it.

It was the best day in my whole life! I've never been so happy before and they were so freaking perfect! As soon as I saw them come on stage I nearly died of a heart attack! I was screaming so much.

The concert was beautiful and whatever I say doesn't give justice to how I feel about Sunday and seeing Coldplay perform for the first time!

Being in the concert and seeing Coldplay felt like home to me! I've never felt such a deep sense of belonging and connection to something before like I did on Sunday!

The song selection was so great and I went crazy when they started playing Trouble! When we all jumped to Charlie Brown it was truly magical and at the end when all four of them bowed down I was heavily overcome with emotion!

I never wanted the show to end and as soon as I came out I started crying because nothing will ever compare to how I felt on Sunday and I felt so completely alive at the concert! (My parents loved it to bits as well).

We arrrived back home a couple of hours ago and I've got a really bad case of 'Post Coldplay Concert Depression', I can't stop crying whenever I think about it and I just want to 'go back to the start' of the concert and relive every moment again and again!

But I'm so grateful that I got to see them live and I know that I'll be going to see them live many many times again in the future!

Coldplay are the only people in the world that have this effect on me and I'm so glad they all went to UCL and met and formed something so magnificent that it brings people together and makes the world a happier, more amazing place!

Thank you Coldplay for existing, I don't know what I'd do without you!

• Like 10

As an early 18th birthday present from my parents I was given tickets to go see Coldplay live in France on 16/07/2017 (it was a complete surprise- they just handed me an envelope with the tickets in 1 week before!).

I live in England so it was a double shock for me that they got me tickets to see Coldplay in France!

Obviously I was so excited! (My mum filmed me opening the envelope and my reaction when I see what's inside is hilarious!).

We were sat in section E 14 row 56, we were pretty close to the stage, although we couldn't see their faces properly we had the big screens to make up for it.

It was the best day in my whole life! I've never been so happy before and they were so freaking perfect! As soon as I saw them come on stage I nearly died of a heart attack! I was screaming so much.

The concert was beautiful and whatever I say doesn't give justice to how I feel about Sunday and seeing Coldplay perform for the first time!

Being in the concert and seeing Coldplay felt like home to me! I've never felt such a deep sense of belonging and connection to something before like I did on Sunday!

The song selection was so great and I went crazy when they started playing Trouble! When we all jumped to Charlie Brown it was truly magical and at the end when all four of them bowed down I was heavily overcome with emotion!

I never wanted the show to end and as soon as I came out I started crying because nothing will ever compare to how I felt on Sunday and I felt so completely alive at the concert! (My parents loved it to bits as well).

We arrrived back home a couple of hours ago and I've got a really bad case of 'Post Coldplay Concert Depression', I can't stop crying whenever I think about it and I just want to 'go back to the start' of the concert and relive every moment again and again!

But I'm so grateful that I got to see them live and I know that I'll be going to see them live many many times again in the future!

Coldplay are the only people in the world that have this effect on me and I'm so glad they all went to UCL and met and formed something so magnificent that it brings people together and makes the world a happier, more amazing place!

Wow, your post brought tears to my eyes. I also wish I could go back to the day of my concert (Lyon 8th June). It was also my first concert and it turned my sister into a Coldplay fan XD.

I have had and still have really bad post concert depression but the memories are also so motivating to get things done, do something with life and get back to that safe place again.

• Like 2

It was very heart-warming to read your experience! :blush: Their shows are magical and so much joy that one can't even describe.

• Like 2

Wow, your post brought tears to my eyes. I also wish I could go back to the day of my concert (Lyon 8th June). It was also my first concert and it turned my sister into a Coldplay fan XD.

I have had and still have really bad post concert depression but the memories are also so motivating to get things done, do something with life and get back to that safe place again.

I'm glad you liked my post! I'm also glad your sister loved the concert that much (how could you not?!).

Looks like my 'PCD' won't be leaving any time soon! I agree with you, Coldplay are so extremely motivating and yeah I can't wait until I get to see them again!

(Oh and thanks for the follow!)

• Like 1

It was very heart-warming to read your experience! :blush: Their shows are magical and so much joy that one can't even describe.

Thank you! And yes I agree with you, the whole concert was magical and so full of power! The atmosphere was truly something special!

• Like 1

That random half assed version of Hypnotised... why can't this band make sense. The EP just came out, why are they not promoting it? Hypnotised and Miracles should've been on the standard setlist already. Unless they believe America somehow deserves the new songs more than Europe :|

/grumpiness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, when their recent AHFOD Tour is over, I think it might take a long time until they go on the road again...

I watched it on a low quality Periscope so not sure if he said next tour or next leg. But playing Kaleidoscope songs on the US leg would make more sense. Unless they dont even consider promoting the EP....

Watched it as well.....but didnt liked it that much tbh..

Same, but the fact that I hate the studio version didnt help :D

The piano is just... meh, as well as the vocals. If they werent ready to play it they should have played Miracles (SS) which sounded quite good in Milan. Especially since it was part of the original setlist on Sunday.

• Like 1

I dont know, somehow I expected something special to happen for their Paris gigs.

Maybe doing Miracles with Big Sean, in real and not on screen. Or Hypnotised as a full band version. Or something else.....

But we only got that stripped down Hypnotised. Thats it ?!

Dont get me wrong, I love their shows and everything. But im a bit "surprised" nothing really exciting happened.

I dont know, somehow I expected something special to happen for their Paris gigs.

Maybe doing Miracles with Big Sean, in real and not on screen. Or Hypnotised as a full band version. Or something else.....

But we only got that stripped down Hypnotised. Thats it ?!

Dont get me wrong, I love their shows and everything. But im a bit "surprised" nothing really exciting happened.

I also was sure that some new songs would be played in Paris but nothing happened[emoji15][emoji15]

I imagined Kaleidoscope songs, Fun debut with Tove Lo, Army of One... But no !

• Like 1

What do you guys think of the "we are going to play this on next tour", will it mean the next album cycle tour or the upcoming US and South America legs?

A bit of a bummer they didn't play the full band version, but I love that song so I'm happy we even got this one (especially if we will have to wait many years). I really hope I will hear Hypnotised live one day, such a beautiful piece of music :)

NA and SA legs for sure. Doubtful for next era.

Meh, they clearly weren't ready for the full version. C even said they weren't planning on doing it. Also leads me to my next point that even though the scene was very nice and romantic, C really butchered his own song there...kinda reminds me of when he played O live and its a repeating piano arpeggio and takes a lot of effort/concentration to play it over and over and sing it well, lol.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing this, I loved reading it. It brought back memories of the first time I saw them. You will never forget that feeling. I've been to a lot of shows since (mostly of other bands as my tastes spread out) but there is never anything quite like that first one when they were the love of my life and I could not believe they were really playing in front of me. Reading things like this reminds me what matters. Hope you see them many more times, but for now let the memories quell the post-gig blues. :-)

• Like 3