✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kaleidoscope EP

guy42

A L I E N S.

I S.

F U C K I N G.

A M A Z I N G.

In all honesty, I've never been more suprised of Coldplay in this day and age. This song is where the band should be right here and right now. Its like a combo of Major Minus, the spacerock vibes from X&Y, and the art rock and strings of Viva. Any doubt of Coldplay from the older fans should be blown away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 13

In all honesty, I've never been more suprised of Coldplay in this day and age. This song is where the band should be right here and right now. Its like a combo of Major Minus, the spacerock vibes from X&Y, and the art rock and strings of Viva. Any doubt of Coldplay from the older fans should be blown away.

this is killing me, stupid brain telling me i shouldn't listen to it until the 14th :sob::sob:

• Like 3

Wow. With this song I finally have the feeling that Coldplay is going out of their confort zone. This is so interesting. This is REALLY good, actually.

I used to be sick of Chris voice in the last months (one of the main issues of their post-MX songs IMO) but as someone said above the spacerock X&Y vibe makes the vocals really good.

• Like 3

Man, this EP has something for everyone. Jonny solos, dat Guy bass, Chris exploring his entire vocal range, Will smashing the e-drums along with the real ones, synths, violins, pop, rock, rap, WHOA!

• Like 6

Man, this EP has something for everyone. Jonny solos, dat Guy bass, Chris exploring his entire vocal range, Will smashing the e-drums along with the real ones, synths, violins, pop, rock, rap, WHOA!

And also shit (with Big Sean and Chainsmokers)

• Like 1

it's a kaleidoscope man

• Like 5

A L I E N S.

I S.

F U C K I N G.

A M A Z I N G.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sooooooo with you, this is what I've been hoping Coldplay created since MX, this is where I thought Coldplay would head into after MX, why I was excited for future Coldplay music.. Damn it! It's only one song, ONE song that beats so many of their recent work.. Hard to believe this EP is so sporadic, no song relates to another whatsoever.. so weird. I want to believe/hope Coldplay does more of this and less pop from now on, but hard to tell seeing as this EP still has some super poppy stuff.. It's time though, for them to step into this experimental zone, its time!

• Like 4

This EP brings hope. Coldplay is not dead. But still very far from the Coldplay I love. The coldplay I love would never do a song with chainsmokers or big sean.

Also the fact that ALIENS is an old VLV song makes me sad because I would love if this was the genre that coldplay is now and not the genre that coldplay was 8 years ago. Still happy that they brought up this little treasure.

Overall: good EP. Some weak spots but a hell of a improvement from AHFOD.

My evaluation: 7/10

again, something for EVERYONE. might not be something you like, but i'm sure someone else will enjoy it.

I know that, and I enjoy SJLT. Great tune to sing in the car. Just not the kind of song that I was hoping for Coldplay...

And after repeating Someone Special, I must admit that I kinda like the song but the Big Sean part just seems so wrong imo...