✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kaleidoscope EP

guy42

Artists, given the opportunity and immeasurable support from their devoted fans, gain confidence with experimenting. It is their way of exploring their limits. Genuine fans are forgiving. Artists take risks, to expand their market/consumers. Without collaborations, they will continue to be insignificant in other genres and irrelevant to other people of different walks of life. Some may say, "What are they doing?! They are destroying their brand!". But ultimately, it's all good. There's nothing bad about it, really. Bottomline, they are giving out their best to cater to everyone... to share their talents to the limits of what they can offer. GENUINE Fans are forgiving... It is our choice on which ones to enjoy. Fans' personal preference does not measure the greatness of an artist. You cannot please everyone, but you can make an effort to please each one by at least trying. At the end of the day, whether they take it or not - you know you did not leave any stone left unturned.

Life is too short to not explore the limits of your potential...! You are born and raised in your beloved country, but would love to learn different cultures? Do it...! You're a drummer, but want to learn how to play the saxophone... Do it! You speak only one language, but you want to understand and relate to other nationalities... learn their language - you'll have more success relating with them! There's a new flavor of coffee out in the market... and coffee is your thing... go have at it - try it! Restaurants serve different menus, but we don't necessarily order everything that they have to offer... If they have something in their menu that we love, we keep coming back. We share the same room with other people who eat differently. Some are vegetarian, and so on and so forth. The ability to cater to everyone's appetite... That's what sets a great restaurant apart from a good one! Okay, these thoughts have triggered over-production of hydrochloric acid in my stomach... it's time to eat. :) Time to explore my options. :)

"Look at earth from outer space..." - See the beauty of things you have yet to explore. It is not enough... until you do something about it. :)

Variety = Kaleidoscope

I rest my case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

double post :/

But fantastic thoughts!

Just got an email from amazon the EP release is now july 16th [emoji53][emoji53]. Will we get this EP one day ??

Lol we have all the studio versions except 1 song anyway, and that bit in Hypnotised that we still don't know (which might be the reason why...)

But why'd they delay it just two days? Doesn't make any sense. Kinda sucks cause the 14th is the day I'm leaving for vacation and it would have lined up perfectly... ugh

• Like 1

double post :/

But fantastic thoughts!

Oh, I didn't even notice that it was double posted. I typed it right before work. I just edited it after reviewing it and saw some typo - courtesy of my phone - which I use to post. All I did was save it after I was done. Something happened along the process. :/

I will check, and delete the other. Thanks.

Update: Done.

• Like 1

Oh, I didn't even notice that it was double posted. I typed it right before work. I just edited it after reviewing it and saw some typo - courtesy of my phone - which I use to post. All I did was save it after I was done. Something happened along the process. :/

I will check, and delete the other. Thanks.

Update: Done.

The first post, I was so surprised because there wasn't any upvotes although it clearly deserved some. Then I seen the second post and was like, oh I see...

I've done it before too lol, don't worry

• Like 1

Ok but we don't have offcial Miracles[emoji16][emoji16]

or Hypnotised, since we can't know how it differs from the version they released in March (especially with the extra time on there) til we get the EP

but still, they have in some form given us the entire EP already, just not the way we actually want it :P

• Like 3

or Hypnotised, since we can't know how it differs from the version they released in March (especially with the extra time on there) til we get the EP

but still, they have in some form given us the entire EP already, just not the way we actually want it :P

That makes me think what's the point of buying the EP ? Apart die hard fans like us, I don't think the average listeners will buy it since they will find every song on YouTube...

Eventually we buy it for 36 extra seconds at the end of Hypnotised, and we're not even sure it will be new stuff. It could turn out to be just blank space[emoji12][emoji12]

• Like 1

That makes me think what's the point of buying the EP ? Apart die hard fans like us, I don't think the average listeners will buy it since they will find every song on YouTube...

Eventually we buy it for 36 extra seconds at the end of Hypnotised, and we're not even sure it will be new stuff. It could turn out to be just blank space[emoji12][emoji12]

actually, i feel like releasing the songs on youtube might make casual listeners more inclined to buy it? or at least they know that it and those songs exist. i feel like if it's an EP probably only more interested fans are going to be the ones buying it anyway, but i could be wrong

• Like 1

^Maybe if they released a few songs in full on Youtube, but not ALL the songs, lol. Like, we have 4/5 songs (pretty much studio versions), plus a very good live version. It's a weird tactic for sure.

In my mind, you have/release singles to show the consumer what the rest of the album is like so they'll buy it. Here, they've given everything away already.

Edit: and y'know, I don't know why the release date has been pushed back again, 'cause clearly they have 4/5 songs done, and I doubt they need the 2 days to finish up something....

^Maybe if they released a few songs in full on Youtube, but not ALL the songs, lol. Like, we have 4/5 songs (pretty much studio versions), plus a very good live version. It's a weird tactic for sure.

In my mind, you have/release singles to show the consumer what the rest of the album is like so they'll buy it. Here, they've given everything away already.

i see what you mean, but the thing for me in this instance is that it's not an album, it's only an EP

i feel like for them it's more about sharing these songs they were excited to make rather than marketing it like they would with an LP. whoever was going to buy it before the band went and practically released it already is still going to buy it once it actually comes out and whoever isn't going to probably wasn't going to from the start. :p

• Like 2

Maybe they want to release a video for the remaining song at the same time or make some additional announcement? [emoji848]

poor tactic imo since they've moved the date a few times already.

edit: to be clear, i'm not super hung up about it because, like i said before, we already heard everything already. at this point, i'm more curious as to how/why they could change the date so many times!

• Like 1

edit: to be clear, i'm not super hung up about it because, like i said before, we already heard everything already. at this point, i'm more curious as to how/why they could change the date so many times!

especially when this last one is only two days.... and changed from a friday to a sunday??? like that really makes zero sense to me :wtf:

• Like 1

poor tactic imo since they've moved the date a few times already.

but we still missing the studio version of Miracles ( Someone Special )

but we still missing the studio version of Miracles ( Someone Special )

I think you're missing the point of what i'm trying to say. Sure, we haven't heard the studio version of M(SS), but we know the gist of what it sounds like and we've heard 80% of KEP.

And again, I can kinda looks past it all, but i'd like to know WHY its been postponed each time.

• Like 1

I think you're missing the point of what i'm trying to say. Sure, we haven't heard the studio version of M(SS), but we know the gist of what it sounds like and we've heard 80% of KEP.

And again, I can kinda looks past it all, but i'd like to know WHY its been postponed each time.

Honestly, I just think some of the songs were just completed. They probably were about to finish with the production and announced a date, but then it took longer than expected. My theory is that Miracles (SS) is actually that song that wasn't finished. Didn't they show a picture of Big Sean and Chris at some studio just recently? Supposedly, Big Sean collaborated with Chris in a song for his new album but didn't make the cut because as Big Sean said: "[ I didn't know if it fit]; I didn't want to have stuff that kind of didn't fit or kind of did fit. The song is super-tight. So I'm going to put that out soon or it might be for the next album — I don't know." My guess is that they finally decided to make it a Coldplay song and started working on its production, tweaking the song or finishing details, which caused the delay.

Sources:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2017/02/03/big-sean-i-decided-chris-martin-coldplay/97460816/

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C-a6uBjXoAIyr1r.jpg (picture from April of this year)

Honestly, I just think some of the songs were just completed. They probably were about to finish with the production and announced a date, but then it took longer than expected. My theory is that Miracles (SS) is actually that song that wasn't finished. Didn't they show a picture of Big Sean and Chris at some studio just recently? Supposedly, Big Sean collaborated with Chris in a song for his new album but didn't make the cut because as Big Sean said: "[ I didn't know if it fit]; I didn't want to have stuff that kind of didn't fit or kind of did fit. The song is super-tight. So I'm going to put that out soon or it might be for the next album — I don't know." My guess is that they finally decided to make it a Coldplay song and started working on its production, tweaking the song or finishing details, which caused the delay.

Sources:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2017/02/03/big-sean-i-decided-chris-martin-coldplay/97460816/

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C-a6uBjXoAIyr1r.jpg (picture from April of this year)

I highly doubt it. If the song was originally Big Sean's, wouldnt he have the majority of the vocal lines? Chris probably just invited him to rap on Miracles 2 for one verse

• Like 1

Oh, wow... Hot off the Press!! Finally the reason behind the delay of the ep... Apparently, they really did not intend to move the date, but when they started to identify more options to make the ep more interesting, they contacted Brian and said they can create something bigger than what they already have! So, Brian went back to the drawing board, and then more collaborations came into fruition. They have also decided to bring in people that they haven't worked with before. They promised themselves that this is really going to be something really, really special as compared to what they have ever done prior...! So, the track where they collaborated with Michael Phelps was really inspired by - I don't really know what I'm talking about here......

• Like 4

Oh, wow... Hot off the Press!! Finally the reason behind the delay of the ep... Apparently, they really did not intend to move the date, but when they started to identify more options to make the ep more interesting, they contacted Brian and said they can create something bigger than what they already have! So, Brian went back to the drawing board, and then more collaborations came into fruition. They have also decided to bring in people that they haven't worked with before. They promised themselves that this is really going to be something really, really special as compared to what they have ever done prior...! So, the track where they collaborated with Michael Phelps was really inspired by - I don't really know what I'm talking about here......

what?

• Like 4