✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kaleidoscope EP

guy42

So we only have 2 unheard tracks left. Aliens and Miracles (Someone Special). Does anyone know if Aliens is a new song or a leftover song from the MX era? I just read somewhere here that Hypnotised and AICTAIY came from a recent jam/studio sessions. Sorry if ever this has already been discussed. I'm trying to catch up as I was so busy this past few months.

^ Yes Alien Radio is an unreleased from MX and in combination with the Eno feature on A L I E N S created speculations that A L I E N S could be a releasable version of the ureleased song. Given that Chris said that KEP songs where written and recorded during AHFOD tour the speculations are weak and most possibly wrong, but who knows you can't really trust Chris' information.

फृआगइआष

• Like 1

It's possible there is an underlying ambient/beat track for Alien Radio, similar to something you'd hear on Charlie Brown or Don't Let It Break Your Heart that Brian Eno and Dravs helped produce for MX, and then just recently they were able to put together a new song over that?

Just one theory of how it could be leftover, yet new. I just don't see when the band would have found the time to enter the studio with Eno and Dravs over the past year!

• Like 2

It's possible there is an underlying ambient/beat track for Alien Radio, similar to something you'd hear on Charlie Brown or Don't Let It Break Your Heart that Brian Eno and Dravs helped produce for MX, and then just recently they were able to put together a new song over that?

Just one theory of how it could be leftover, yet new. I just don't see when the band would have found the time to enter the studio with Eno and Dravs over the past year!

i was thinking the same thing, that if it is a "leftover" it might have just been some tiny piece of music from an MX session that they built the rest of the song on. having BOTH Eno and Dravs credited makes it seem more likely.

(but in my heart i'm still hoping they worked with them again :P)

• Like 1

I personally would lose Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall and Charlie Brown to make way...

Whaaaaaaaaat

Speaking of that song, and the conversation about underlying tracks in MX songs, have any of you checked the multitracks for ETIAW? If you haven't, I highly recommend getting it and listening to the one named "song". More details over on the "I am currently listening to..." thread.

---------------------

Thoughts on the official information we have so far regarding KEP:

Tracklisting:

1. All I Can Think About Is You - Personally wouldn't put this as the opener but the song is great!

2. Miracles (Someone Special) Coldplay & Big Sean -

[spoiler=Warning: Massive Rant Incoming!]Ohhhhhhhhhh no. No no no. I feared the worst, and it's happening. I don't get how Coldplay are still interested in making unique, artistic, and creative masterpieces like AICTAIY (and have in their "pop" era such as Moving to Mars, All Your Friends, Ghost Story, Atlas, etc.) and also are somehow interested in working with pop acts like Rihanna and Beyonce. You know, I don't even mind artists like those who make catchy music, sometimes with a great melody. You simply don't get that from modern day rappers like Big Sean who rely on mumbling (and somehow still sing bad enough to need autotune... by the way, that thing doesn't work if you actually try to sing on key), and make songs with absolutely zero melody and a fake plastic sounding electro beat that anyone can think of, with lyrics anyone over the age of 13 can come up with, with ease. Still skeptical of my opinion? Get a load of this:

[spoiler=Bounce Back]

At least all of the other collabs Coldplay have done so far feature melodic and catchy artists. Even The Chainsmokers, as repetitive, bland, and generic as their music is (admitting this despite how much I like them anyways), doesn't come nowhere near as close as terrible to modern day hip hop artists. And by the way, it's not that I dislike hip hop music. A lot of it before the mid to late 2000's is actually pretty good. Most were catchy songs with a supporting melody, a good beat, and in certain instances lyrics that actually told a story (more apparent in hip hop music before right around 2000 rolled around). This song I've posted is amongst the most annoying and unlistenable tracks I've ever heard. For Coldplay to collab with Big Sean.... it just boggles my mind. Hopefully this isn't a sign they're going to go trap the next album, and if they do I'm out. (But I honestly think the other band members won't let that happen... :D)

Best thing that could happen is, Coldplay's influence still makes this song listenable and Big Sean is positively influnced by this collaboration, possibly leading him to break this awful no-melody mediocre-beat and lyrics bleh that is the genre right now, and maybe he can bring back songs like "Changes" (my fav hip hop song ever) with atmospherics, a beautiful melody, and a real story along with a strong beat that forms a really good hip hop song.

/rant

3. A L I E N S - Really cool title. Excited for this one. Wonder if it'll include the beat we heard in that one soundcheck a long time ago... Excited to hear that Eno wrote A L I E N S and is co producing it. This one's definitely gonna be good!

4. Something Just Like This (Tokyo Remix) Coldplay & The Chainsmokers - Still have yet to listen to it. Sounds interesting though. (I know that it's really just the live version of the song from Tokyo, but still... Hopefully it's a step up from the normal version, which I still really enjoy.)

5. Hypnotised - One of Coldplay's best songs, and greatest of all time. It's a new classic. Perfect closer for an EP like this.

Date - Just in time for when I leave for vacation. Sucks that it got delayed yet again, and June 2 to July 14 is actually a really long time, but hopefully this time allowed for the other songs to be even better. Although, if this happened only to let that other collab happen, I am extremely disappointed (unless it'll change hip hop music for the better vastly, and bring back it's glory days.)

Note: I heard that Hypnotised is supposedly the "EP mix" of it. Wonder if it'll sound any different then the version we know now...

• Like 2

Hah, but how do you really feel?

Hah, no I feel the exact same way.. the only sentiment I would change is to switch our feelings on AICTAIY with Hypnotised. Both great.. but the former is the king to me.

Whaaaaaaaaat

Speaking of that song, and the conversation about underlying tracks in MX songs, have any of you checked the multitracks for ETIAW? If you haven't, I highly recommend getting it and listening to the one named "song". More details over on the "I am currently listening to..." thread.

---------------------

Tracklisting:

1. All I Can Think About Is You - Personally wouldn't put this as the opener but the song is great!

[spoiler=Warning: Massive Rant Incoming!]Ohhhhhhhhhh no. No no no. I feared the worst, and it's happening. I don't get how Coldplay are still interested in making unique, artistic, and creative masterpieces like AICTAIY (and have in their "pop" era such as Moving to Mars, All Your Friends, Ghost Story, Atlas, etc.) and also are somehow interested in working with pop acts like Rihanna and Beyonce. You know, I don't even mind artists like those who make catchy music, sometimes with a great melody. You simply don't get that from modern day rappers like Big Sean who rely on mumbling (and somehow still sing bad enough to need autotune... by the way, that thing doesn't work if you actually try to sing on key), and make songs with absolutely zero melody and a fake plastic sounding electro beat that anyone can think of, with lyrics anyone over the age of 13 can come up with, with ease. Still skeptical of my opinion? Get a load of this:

[spoiler=Bounce Back]

At least all of the other collabs Coldplay have done so far feature melodic and catchy artists. Even The Chainsmokers, as repetitive, bland, and generic as their music is (admitting this despite how much I like them anyways), doesn't come nowhere near as close as terrible to modern day hip hop artists. And by the way, it's not that I dislike hip hop music. A lot of it before the mid to late 2000's is actually pretty good. Most were catchy songs with a supporting melody, a good beat, and in certain instances lyrics that actually told a story (more apparent in hip hop music before right around 2000 rolled around). This song I've posted is amongst the most annoying and unlistenable tracks I've ever heard. For Coldplay to collab with Big Sean.... it just boggles my mind. Hopefully this isn't a sign they're going to go trap the next album, and if they do I'm out. (But I honestly think the other band members won't let that happen... :D)

Best thing that could happen is, Coldplay's influence still makes this song listenable and Big Sean is positively influnced by this collaboration, possibly leading him to break this awful no-melody mediocre-beat and lyrics bleh that is the genre right now, and maybe he can bring back songs like "Changes" (my fav hip hop song ever) with atmospherics, a beautiful melody, and a real story along with a strong beat that forms a really good hip hop song.

/rant

3. A L I E N S - Really cool title. Excited for this one. Wonder if it'll include the beat we heard in that one soundcheck a long time ago... Excited to hear that Eno wrote A L I E N S and is co producing it. This one's definitely gonna be good!

4. Something Just Like This (Tokyo Remix) Coldplay & The Chainsmokers - Still have yet to listen to it. Sounds interesting though. (I know that it's really just the live version of the song from Tokyo, but still... Hopefully it's a step up from the normal version, which I still really enjoy.)

5. Hypnotised - One of Coldplay's best songs, and greatest of all time. It's a new classic. Perfect closer for an EP like this.

Date - Just in time for when I leave for vacation. Sucks that it got delayed yet again, and June 2 to July 14 is actually a really long time, but hopefully this time allowed for the other songs to be even better. Although, if this happened only to let that other collab happen, I am extremely disappointed (unless it'll change hip hop music for the better vastly, and bring back it's glory days.)

Note: I heard that Hypnotised is supposedly the "EP mix" of it. Wonder if it'll sound any different then the version we know now...

Whaaaaaaaaat

---------------------

Tracklisting:

[spoiler=Bounce Back]

/rant

Alright hold on there. From what I recall, Big Sean doesnt rely on the autotune and mumbling like Future. He was decent on Calvin Harris' new track, but I dont think it really fits Coldplay. I think Kendrick Lamar (pretty much the best modern rapper right now. Lyrical genius too) would be much better. It'd be great if we get a track like Homecoming.

To be honest, I really hope they clean up Hypnotised and get rid of the unnecessary effects on Chris' voice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Alright hold on there. From what I recall, Big Sean doesnt rely on the autotune and mumbling like Future. He was decent on Calvin Harris' new track, but I dont think it really fits Coldplay. I think Kendrick Lamar (pretty much the best modern rapper right now. Lyrical genius too) would be much better. It'd be great if we get a track like Homecoming.

To be honest, I really hope they clean up Hypnotised and get rid of the unnecessary effects on Chris' voice.

I've listened to more of his music and you are right about no autotune on him or mumbling. So he is slightly better than acts like Future who do (and it seems like the majority of hip hop artists do nowadays so that's why I made an incorrect assumption about Big Sean). Still though, I'd assume from songs like "Bounce Back" that his music consists of not a lot of melody, or none, a mediocre beat, and poor lyrics.

About the Calvin Harris new track, you mean "Feels" right? He had a song some time back that also featured Big Sean (Open Wide). The intro was great, and usually in songs like this that tease me I'd say the rest isn't very good but it's actually really catchy and I kinda like it. I still prefer the Calvin Harris from songs like "Summer" and "This Is What You Came For" though.

It's just when I hear hip hop voices like that I automatically assume it's gonna go downhill really fast, but he actually did good.

As for Kendrick Lamar, I haven't heard too much of his music but I've heard he's actually good so I might listen to some of his music soon.

To get a track like "Homecoming" would be great. I heard that one clip that Big Sean uploaded of Chris Martin playing something (I think) and it sounded decent. Although what usually happens in songs like that is it'll begin great, then some annoying hip hop beat comes in and ruins it. Hopefully that won't happen.

Speaking of Hypnotised, I personally don't mind the vocal effects. They sounded weird to me at first though. It would be interesting to hear a version of the track without those effects so hopefully we get it. I think the biggest problem for me in the track is how the piano at the end doesn't go up notes, but it goes down instead. If it went up I think it would be more energetic.

I've listened to more of his music and you are right about no autotune on him or mumbling. So he is slightly better than acts like Future who do (and it seems like the majority of hip hop artists do nowadays so that's why I made an incorrect assumption about Big Sean). Still though, I'd assume from songs like "Bounce Back" that his music consists of not a lot of melody, or none, a mediocre beat, and poor lyrics.

About the Calvin Harris new track, you mean "Feels" right? He had a song some time back that also featured Big Sean (Open Wide). The intro was great, and usually in songs like this that tease me I'd say the rest isn't very good but it's actually really catchy and I kinda like it. I still prefer the Calvin Harris from songs like "Summer" and "This Is What You Came For" though.

It's just when I hear hip hop voices like that I automatically assume it's gonna go downhill really fast, but he actually did good.

As for Kendrick Lamar, I haven't heard too much of his music but I've heard he's actually good so I might listen to some of his music soon.

To get a track like "Homecoming" would be great. I heard that one clip that Big Sean uploaded of Chris Martin playing something (I think) and it sounded decent. Although what usually happens in songs like that is it'll begin great, then some annoying hip hop beat comes in and ruins it. Hopefully that won't happen.

Speaking of Hypnotised, I personally don't mind the vocal effects. They sounded weird to me at first though. It would be interesting to hear a version of the track without those effects so hopefully we get it. I think the biggest problem for me in the track is how the piano at the end doesn't go up notes, but it goes down instead. If it went up I think it would be more energetic.

Calvin is definitely changing it up, going for a more funk based style of music

Kendrick, in my opinion, is the best rapper in the industry right now. He has a great flow and some great lyricism (at least in hip hop terms). He's based on trap beats, but they're actually decent. His latest record is actually the highest album rated on Metacritic in 2017.

As for the effects in Hypnotised, they are too loud and prominent and actually slightly distort the sound. There isnt clarity and actually gives me slight ear fatigue. If they were toned down a bit, then it'd be a lot better. It may actually be on Rik's part, so I think Brian Eno would've been an excellent choice as a producer who makes ambient music.

• Like 1

The A L I E N S track duration has shown up on iTunes. Perhaps they'll release that early too?

If this is true my body can't handle the excitement right now. New Coldplay, new Calvin and new crash bandicoot in the same day.

• Like 3

If this is true my body can't handle the excitement right now. New Coldplay, new Calvin and new crash bandicoot in the same day.

New crash bandicoot?! holy shit

Also I'm glad I'm not the only one hype for Funk wav bounces. Slide has been on constant repeat

• Like 2

New crash bandicoot?! holy shit

Also I'm glad I'm not the only one hype for Funk wav bounces. Slide has been on constant repeat

Well remastered version of the three OG games. Available to play at 12 Aussie time which is 5 mins from now

• Like 4

OMG when we though that the EP would be released on June 30 I was like ' Coldplay and Crash Bandicoot on the same day? It's going to be good day :joy:' But a new song would work too :rolleyes:

Well remastered version of the three OG games. Available to play at 12 Aussie time which is 5 mins from now

So lucky! For me it will only be available tomorrow. :sob: I can't wait honestly, I still have the original three here! They were my childhood back then!

Calvin is definitely changing it up, going for a more funk based style of music

Kendrick, in my opinion, is the best rapper in the industry right now. He has a great flow and some great lyricism (at least in hip hop terms). He's based on trap beats, but they're actually decent. His latest record is actually the highest album rated on Metacritic in 2017.

As for the effects in Hypnotised, they are too loud and prominent and actually slightly distort the sound. There isnt clarity and actually gives me slight ear fatigue. If they were toned down a bit, then it'd be a lot better. It may actually be on Rik's part, so I think Brian Eno would've been an excellent choice as a producer who makes ambient music.

It's always interesting to see how an artist evolves. At first I didn't really like Slide but upon listening to it a few times I actually really enjoyed it. Still don't like that annoying autotuned vocal somewhere in there though.

Hmm, interesting about Kendrick. I might check him out, he actually sounds like he'd be decent. I usually don't like the sound of trap beats, but there are a few songs that do it right, and maybe his is amongst them. His new album being rated the highest on Metacritic so far in 2017 gives me hope. (Side note: Some time back I cringed when I seen Sia's collaboration with him before even listening since at the time I assumed every modern hip hop artist was no good, and I regarded Sia as someone who made beautiful melodic pop songs including "Chandelier" and, best of them all IMO "Breathe Me". But now that I know a bit more about Kendrick Lamar I might not be so opposed to him. It's just that it's hard to not assume certain things about modern hip hop since juist about all I hear when I turn on HipHopNation is songs with no melody, annoying beats, and autotuned mumble vocats. I'll definitely give Kendrick a chance thoujgh, haven't really heard or payed attention to anything he's made or been featured in besides The Greatest)

I did notice that the effects in Hypnotised were a bit loud. Too bad they distort the track. I personally don't mind them, but oh well. Maybe they would be better done had Brian Eno produced the track - so glad the boys are bringing him back on A L I E N S. This should be a good one. Glad they're finally starting to get serious about making original and unique music again at least.

Speaking of A L I E N S...

The A L I E N S track duration has shown up on iTunes. Perhaps they'll release that early too?

Well, tomorrow is Friday... so there's always a chance we'll hear it soon. :D