✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kaleidoscope EP

guy42

I highly doubt it. If the song was originally Big Sean's, wouldnt he have the majority of the vocal lines? Chris probably just invited him to rap on Miracles 2 for one verse

Sent from my iPhon e using Tapatalk

I guess that's why it didn't make the cut. It probably sounded more like a Coldplay ft big sean than Big Sean ft Chris Martin.

Oh, wow... Hot off the Press!! Finally the reason behind the delay of the ep... Apparently, they really did not intend to move the date, but when they started to identify more options to make the ep more interesting, they contacted Brian and said they can create something bigger than what they already have! So, Brian went back to the drawing board, and then more collaborations came into fruition. They have also decided to bring in people that they haven't worked with before. They promised themselves that this is really going to be something really, really special as compared to what they have ever done prior...! So, the track where they collaborated with Michael Phelps was really inspired by - I don't really know what I'm talking about here......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tumblr_m4d16entGD1r5jtugo1_500.jpg.59d18653c6be8989bd6591a7986a3024.jpg

• Like 5

I guess that's why it didn't make the cut. It probably sounded more like a Coldplay ft big sean than Big Sean ft Chris Martin.

Why would Big Sean write a song where he is only on one verse? That's not how hip hop music works. It would usually be Chris singing the chorus and maybe one verse. An example would be his feature of Kanye West's "Homecoming".

Why would Big Sean write a song where he is only on one verse? That's not how hip hop music works. It would usually be Chris singing the chorus and maybe one verse. An example would be his feature of Kanye West's "Homecoming".

Well, the song probably had more rap verses, but the style was more Coldplay oriented, so that's why it didn't fit with his album, and they made it into a Coldplay song. I'm just speculating though lol. If there's still another Big Sean collaboration, then I will be very excited to hear it. Sadly, we don't know anything, and he sounded very ambiguous about incorporating the song into his catalog. My main point was, however, that I don't think the constant delays are a sign of something important going on.

Well, the song probably had more rap verses, but the style was more Coldplay oriented, so that's why it didn't fit with his album, and they made it into a Coldplay song. I'm just speculating though lol. If there's still another Big Sean collaboration, then I will be very excited to hear it. Sadly, we don't know anything, and he sounded very ambiguous about incorporating the song into his catalog. My main point was, however, that I don't think the constant delays are a sign of something important going on.

Remember when they said they MIGHT have a collab on "Miracles 2"? Yeah, that means that Big Sean wasnt originally on it, meaning that it was the band's original song, not Big Sean's.

The way the song structure is layed out, there is no way it could have been Big Sean's originally.

Remember when they said they MIGHT have a collab on "Miracles 2"? Yeah, that means that Big Sean wasnt originally on it, meaning that it was the band's original song, not Big Sean's.

The way the song structure is layed out, there is no way it could have been Big Sean's originally.

i don't necessarily think this happened in this instance, but the idea of one piece of what was supposed to be a Big Sean song ending up as part of a collab with Coldplay on a song originally without collaboration is not completely out of the realm of possibility. that's what happened with Lost+, after all

i don't necessarily think this happened in this instance, but the idea of one piece of what was supposed to be a Big Sean song ending up as part of a collab with Coldplay on a song originally without collaboration is not completely out of the realm of possibility. that's what happened with Lost+, after all

Well yes, they could've gotten the verse from the original Big Sean collab with Chris. But in terms of the entire song being originally from Big Sean? I dont think so.

• Like 2

Well yes, they could've gotten the verse from the original Big Sean collab with Chris. But in terms of the entire song being originally from Big Sean? I dont think so.

They might've tweaked or adjusted the song. I'm just speculating, but it's possible that they collaborated with the intention of making a song for Big Sean's album, but they noticed that it didn't fit the album, and they didn't want to bury the song or some of its pieces, so Coldplay and Big Sean decided to make some adjustments and release it along KEP instead.

Even if this didn't happen, I don't know why you think this isn't a possibility. No artist works from a blueprint. A lot of things can happen while composing a song.

They might've tweaked or adjusted the song. I'm just speculating, but it's possible that they collaborated with the intention of making a song for Big Sean's album, but they noticed that it didn't fit the album, and they didn't want to bury the song or some of its pieces, so Coldplay and Big Sean decided to make some adjustments and release it along KEP instead.

Even if this didn't happen, I don't know why you think this isn't a possibility. No artist works from a blueprint. A lot of things can happen while composing a song.

As I said, the structure of the song makes it unlikely for it to be originally from Big Sean. Its the simple intro-verse1-verse2-chorus-rapverse--chorus-outro structure seen in many songs. Adding rap verses to songs that didnt already have them is very common in music. That's the case with Lost! and Lost+. From my knowledge, the rap verse from Jay-Z came from another one of his songs. Its a possibility, but its unlikely in my pov. If Miracles 2 was the blueprint, then they must have changed so much to the point that its a new song entirely. Yes, pieces of it may have transferred over to Miracles 2, but the song wasnt originally a collab, as said by chris in the interview back in asia. Plus, Big Sean was so keen and confident about the song. I dont think he would give a song that he described as "super tight" away for it to be so modified.

^ Man, that's such a dumb rule :p An album should be as long or short as it needs to be! It worked well for Viva, but it was incredibly annoying seeing the MX tracklisting with 14 songs on it but having four of them be less than three minutes long (and three of those being instrumental tracks, at that lol)

true, but those instrumentals are so beautiful :heart_eyes:

• Like 3

I do like Mylo Xyloto and A Hopeful Transmission, but why in the world couldn't they have just made MMIX an extended intro for ETiaW? :laughing:

then they would have needed a radio edit that's just the version we actually got :joy:

really for me the only frustrating thing is when they come up on shuffle and aren't immediately followed by the corresponding songs :P

• Like 1

then they would have needed a radio edit that's just the version we actually got :joy:

really for me the only frustrating thing is when they come up on shuffle and aren't immediately followed by the corresponding songs :P

I know right. That's the worst! Nothing like getting ready for HLH and then a random song comes on lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 1

I really wonder why they don't play the new songs live (especially since they released most of them already)

In previous eras they did tend to play even completely unreleased songs.

Hypnotised for example would be perfect for replacing PoC on the b-stage imo

• Like 2

I really wonder why they don't play the new songs live (especially since they released most of them already)

In previous eras they did tend to play even completely unreleased songs.

Hypnotised for example would be perfect for replacing PoC on the b-stage imo

I agree. There are only 29 shows left. They also said they wanted to do more obscure request songs once they got more comfortable, but the tour is almost over so I don't think they will. They have an app for Hypnotized so not sure why they arent playing that, but they most likely will soon. They are recording all three shows in Paris for a live DVD, so hopefully we will see more variety there.

I'm thinking they'll play Hypnotized & Miracles at the very least. Not sure if they will ever play All I Can Think About Is You again, but that would be nice! Either way I'm excited about the next three shows. If the DVD will be releasing later this year, they are probably going to want to have some of the new EP songs on it. So hopefully they play them. Plus there will probably be a variety in the setlist because there are three shows at the same place. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Coldplaying mobile app