✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kaleidoscope EP

guy42

Rik replied to me on Twitter from my question about whether All I Can is from the AHFOD sessions or completely new. Its new guys, same deal with Hypnotised. Rik is a very good influence on the band. He's been trying to convince them to be a real and authentic band and it paid off. I really hope they continue to work with Rik in the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 12

Haha, where ? It's probably just because of the One, two, three though...

Haha yea it was. But still, it means they knew of the song's existence! And the comment received over 100 likes. That makes me happy. :D

Vid's not available for me. Says "an error occured".

Fancy a Kaleidoscope EP mobile wallpaper? ;)

[spoiler=click me]

34520328924_10de9ce24b_o.jpg

THANK YOU! You're a legend.

KEP tracks and album length

[MEDIA=twitter]876117514564116480[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/ColdplayAtlas/status/876117514564116480

Note, 24 mins long...and 24 backwards is...?

Big songs. Cool.

On another note, SJLT is bigger, the original version is only 4:08

Hypnotised on the other hand is the same length as the original version.

• Like 1

not only that but 21 is half of...?

And the numbers that make up 21 individually are 1, and 2... and 1 + 2 = 3!

So, 1, 2, 3!! It all goes back to the beginning of the song "I ran away"!

Mystery Solved! We all did it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

This probably isn't a big spoiler to anyone but I am excited for the live cut of SJLT because it will have more Jonny guitar and drums. In fact, there's an entirely new guitar part that he plays during the bridge after the 2nd chorus (2:40, at "where'd you want to go...") This might not change anyone if you're deadset on hating the Chainsmokers, but I think it will be an improvement over the single version. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2CPibXd3ZQ

Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2CPibXd3ZQ

• Like 4

I didn't realise this gig happened until a few days ago. (Haven't seen it mentioned on this forum.) Some of the songs caught my attention, Something Just Like This in particular:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=5iV0Di5bH0o;t=26

Note that the backing track isn't the regular version, but sounds very much like the live one—most notably the acoustic drums! Very interesting that they have this version recorded. Some adaptation of that recording may very well end up on Kaleidoscope EP, I think. We'll see.

Though off-topic for this thread but related to the post (sorry, I'll put it in a spoiler here)

it's also interesting that the gig had other songs performed in their full-band versions even though Guy and Will weren't present: Viva la Vlda, Fix You, Adventure of a Lifetime. A Sky Full of Stars too I think, but I can't find a full video of it. Again they're versions of the songs recorded in the style of the live performances, not the studio versions. I think this is the first time they've done this? Seems like Guy and Will are replaceable now ;)

The following video shows some snippets of the other songs.

I can't understand people who hate Chainsmokers' appearance on SJLT. I think Jonny's guitar on choruses are not so good, i prefer Chanismokers' keys on them. If it doesn't contain Chainsmokers' keys i would replace it with piano by Chris not with Jonny's guitar (at least not with these chords). I think that part should have an intense sound. These chords by Jonny isn't so intense.

^I noticed that too. That gig was weird weird mix between Chris+Jonny+backing track/DJ person and Chris+Jonny acoustic. I doubt that that's at all going to be a common occurrence.

I can't understand people who hate Chainsmokers' appearance on SJLT. I think Jonny's guitar on choruses are not so good, i prefer Chanismokers' keys on them. If it doesn't contain Chainsmokers' keys i would replace it with piano by Chris not with Jonny's guitar (at least not with these chords). I think that part should have an intense sound. These chords by Jonny isn't so intense.

The new live version has Jonny's guitar on top of the synths, not instead of. It's just a little more guitar-heavy. In a good way!

• Like 1