✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hypnotised - first song off Kaleidoscope

I ran away

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't get over how beautiful this track is. It's the culmination of everything we've had since Ghost Stories. It's fluid, it's moving, it's powerful. Not to mention how clean the production is. And the lyrics are good! And Chris saying, "J!" and everything. I'm floored, tbh. Completely floored.

• Like 6

The first thing I saw when I woke up! Got the notification and I was so freaking excited! I listened to Hypnotised and I am definitely not disappointed. :) It's really beautiful and takes you to a whole different place! Can't wait for the EP!!!

• Like 5

This song is so so good. The lyrics, the production, the instrumentation the ''Jay!'' part and the way Chris sings throughout the song, so much emotion so beautiful and it truely reminds me of their earlier years (reminds me a bit of Gravity somehow), the song has restored all my faith in Coldplay.

• Like 3

This is exactly the kind of music I was expecting from AHFOD with all the psychedelic imagery and stuff, I can hear a little bit of Pink Floyd in there.

Yes, so glad I'm not the only one thinking this - when I first heard it, I immediately thought Jonny's guitar sounds like David Gilmour's style in Pink Floyd here. Cool !

• Like 4

Yes, so glad I'm not the only one thinking this - when I first heard it, I immediately thought Jonny's guitar sounds like David Gilmour's style in Pink Floyd here. Cool !

I remember when people were speculating before AHFOD that it could have a similar sound to this, after the Dark Side Of The Moon symbol after True Love and the artwork for AHFOD, so I'm glad we got a song like this!

• Like 2

Wow...

It's like a marriage between Parachutes and X&Y. And the best part? no synths and electronic stuff. It's so raw. That Jonny riff reminds me of A Rush of Blood to the Head (song) while the intro borrowed elements from Reign of Love and Atlas.

"It was dark, now it's sunrise."

• Like 3

Wow...

It's like a marriage between Parachutes and X&Y. And the best part? no synths and electronic stuff. It's so raw. That Jonny riff reminds me of A Rush of Blood to the Head (song) while the intro borrowed elements from Reign of Love and Atlas.

"It was dark, now it's sunrise."

Idk what you're listening to, but there's definitely some electronic stuff in there. The opening melody is a synth itself.

• Like 2

Idk what you're listening to, but there's definitely some electronic stuff in there. The opening melody is a synth itself.

I'm hearing piano and chimes but yeah there's some synth along with the chime-like sound though very minimal and not the typical synth of Mylo or AHFoD. More like The Escapist.

I'm really happy to hear that beautiful song just after " Something just like this ". The beginning made me think of the beginning of Daydreaming ( Radiohead ) and the whole song has a " Prospekts March " sound which is wonderful. I'm happy to hear that Chris and the band have kept such a musical identity !

• Like 2