✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

All I Can Think About Is You

dieselbenz

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to say "Jonny's solo. that is all."

...but I can't because that is not all. the bassline. the drums. holy shit.

the beginning kinda sounds like Radiohead and is very Parachutes-ish and then it becomes AROBTTH

I didn't even know they could still write songs like this to be honest.

The lyrics sound a bit bland though, from what I can understand. Which isn't a lot... Why am I hearing "what a lonely poor shoe" at a certain point?

I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure that Chris never mentioned a 'lonely shoe' ahaha. (imagine iHeartRadio how to make a sad song all over again)

and yes, Guy's bass is very much Colin-esque from The Numbers.

^ Really, they could have replaced almost any two songs on the album and improved it, except for maybe Birds/Up&Up.

Axe XMtS completely, swap in Hypnotised for Amazing Day and AICTAIS for Fun/AoO, and use the single version of Everglow and we'd be looking at a vastly improved AHFoD, in my opinion

I'm just hyped for this bassline, guys. Guy so rarely gets a chance to shine, but when he does it's always awesome

• Like 1

I like when Will wails on the drums during those build ups, it makes it way more intense. And yeah the ending surprised me a bit, that's a good thing. Although one thing I wish is if Guy's bass lines were a little less repetitive if he's being featured.

Thoughts:

The first part is kinda good. Nothing too special though. Drums and lyrics are meh. Guitar is nice, but the bass is what shines here. It works.

But.... the second part...

Is. Absolutely. Freaking. Lit.

Coldplay has delivered an aboslutely outstanding masterpiece in the second part of this song, from when it's just the piano building up, and then Will's drums and the strings join, giving it a and then the explosion of everything, which is probably my favorite part of any song. But this... Usually for Coldplay it's a happy explosion or kind of a sad one, but this one is really dark and emotional it seems, really unique for Coldplay. Jonny and Will kill it on their respective instruments here, and this is probably some of the best drumming I have ever seen from Will in particular. Outstanding fills, and gorgeous guitar work from Jonny. Guy's bass is fantastic throughouit, and as @arushofjacktothehead mentioned it is reminiscent of Radiohead's Colin Greenwood. I like the background strings that round this all off with an otherworldly vibe. Only problem I have is Chris' shouting the same "All I can... All I can... All I can think about is you" Not very original, and when Coldplay did another piano and strings build up with Politik they used a much better phrase that fit more. But that's literally the only downside, everything else is fantastic.

I think it's between Ghost Stories and AROBTTH but the solo is more rocky than AROBTTH era. The melancholy of the song reminds me GS. It is completely modern Coldplay song. Coldplay goes to Pop but these days Jonny started to make rocky solos (ex. Hypnotised). I loved that new solo maker Jonny. I hope we can hear this Jonny stuff on the studio. I'm so worried about it because we have Another's Arms example. It has a magnificent solo but when we got the studio we saw the solo is like a background sound. I hope it won't happen again.

Wow they always find a way to surprise me this is really good I hope none of the band's part is ruined in the studio version.

Yeah, I hope this don't turn out like Up&Up where it gets turned unlistenable because the live version is amazing but the studio isn't whatsoever due to overproduction. But now that Stargate's not working with them anymore this should turn out much better, and the production on Hypnotised is fantastic. So I have higher hopes this time. But who knows...

Finally a song where it's just piano, guitars and drums ! But I think that I hear some synthesizer/violins at around 2:50 ( but very soft).

Mostly I guess, and that's great that it's a proper dark alternative rock song with only strings to support it. But I think those strings give off a vibe that wouldn't be present if it weren't there. So it's a good thing I think.

Hopefully this song don't turn out the way Up&Up did in the studio version. Cause I need a good quality studio version of this....Too good...

• Like 1

Why don't we try to find the lyrics?

Fish fell out of water

Bird stuck on the ground

Chaos giving all this

Everything is upside down

Whole world's on a flight path

I wonder where they'll go, ohh

Troubles on the outside, I know

So now, all I can think about is you

All I can think about is you

We're falling off the whole earth, to doom

So alone, and what I long for is you

I wanna walk in two

'Cause all I can

'Cause all I can

'Cause all I can

'Cause all I can do

'Cause all I can do

[solo]

'Cause all I can

'Cause all I can

Oh, it is the only thing that is true

Meh, dont think this is 100%, but it fills the gaps.

Also upgrading my mark to a B at minimum because of dat solo and bass

• Like 1

Fish fell out of water

Bird stuck on the ground

Chaos giving orders

Whole world's on a fly.....???

Oh I wonder where they'll go, ohh

Trouble's on the outside, I know (not too sure)

We're ........whole..., to do (difficult to decipher)

So lone (???)

than one alone poor shoe (pretty sure it's what I hear)

I wanna walk into

'So I can

'So I can

'Cause all I can

'Cause all I can do

'Cause all I can do

[solo]

'Cause all I can

'Cause all I can

• Like 1

Fish fell out of water

Bird stuck on the ground

Chaos giving orders

So lone (???)

I wanna walk into

'So I can

'So I can

'Cause all I can

'Cause all I can do

'Cause all I can do

[solo]

'Cause all I can

'Cause all I can

That sounds about right, except that i think instead of "so I can" he sings

's all I can (short for 'it's all I can')

• Like 1

Fish fell out of water

Bird stuck on the ground

Chaos giving orders

So lone (???)

I wanna walk into

'So I can

'So I can

'Cause all I can

'Cause all I can do

'Cause all I can do

[solo]

'Cause all I can

'Cause all I can

I am SURE that what we thought was the "shoe" line is instead, " and what I long for is you" but not sure about the rest of the next line, "I wanna walk..." and think you are right on that one. The rest sounds good. How can you hear all of these lines? GREAT job!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Finally found time today to listen to that new song. And I knew it was great from just the intro, hoping it would not disappoint. But no, I think it is so great, that I had to go onto Coldplaying and say so. It reminds me much of AROBTTH. It is great to hear Jonny and Will again so clearly. Chris' voice even drops a bit to the back. After all the pop which is nice and feel good music, this is a great proper old style Coldplay song again with a few new twists. Simply great!!!

• Like 2

Still makes me cringe.

But the second part of the song makes up for it, bigly. (sorry I had to)

I am SURE that what we thought was the "shoe" line is instead, "and what I long for is you" but not sure about the rest of the next line, "I wanna walk..." and think you are right on that one. The rest sounds good. How can you hear all of these lines? GREAT job!

The first four words make sense, but I can't hear the "f" in "for". It sounds like "poor". And if it is "is you" then he sings it in a way that makes it sounds like "shoe". Hopefully you're right though, cause that would make me cringe way less in the final version. Maybe it's just a mic glitch or something that makes it sounds like poor...

It may be, "I want to walk with you" or maybe "I wanna walk in your shoes". Those shoes might be in there yet![emoji28]

To me it sounds like "I wanna walk into" or "I wanna walk in a tube" :P

today i watched this version for the first time

and you can see Chris's mouth much clearer as he's singing... the interesting thing is that i think maybe the line we thought he says something like "so alone" he might actually be saying "so elope"? but then how does that fit in with the shoe line? i don't know, i'm confused.

please coldplay just release this already :weary_face:

• Like 3

today i watched this version for the first time

and you can see Chris's mouth much clearer as he's singing... the interesting thing is that i think maybe the line we thought he says something like "so alone" he might actually be saying "so elope"? but then how does that fit in with the shoe line? i don't know, i'm confused.

please coldplay just release this already :weary_face:

the quality is a lot better. that, and this EP has got me hyped. looks like Muse set to release new material, new Radiohead rarities too...loads of good shit coming down the pipes.

• Like 2

don't mind me, just still listening to this song over and over and starting to maybe understand it a little better :P

So lone (???)

I wanna walk into

i think that first line might be something like "With all that I have on Earth to do"

• 2 weeks later...