✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

All I Can Think About Is You

dieselbenz

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One word: AMAZING

Great song, listening to it for only the 2nd time now...

Will could've been a bit more creative with his drums, for example not using the drum that was played in Atlas, but I like his fills though (3:57) and (4:24). I really do like Guy's bass lines and Chris' lyrics/melodies sound nice to me ! Jonny's guitarwork is so amazing, he couldn't have been more creative IMO !

• Like 2

It extremely surprising how unalike 1) AHFOD this is and 2) Something Just Like This/Hypnotised this track is!

Highlights: Jonny's guitar throughout! I love the droning and screaming solo at the end--feels X&Y. Then you have Chris' piano break down which feels extremely Viva-ish, and finally Guy's Bass is wonderfully prominent, reminding me of A Rush Of Blood To The Head era. The finale is absolutely fantastic, better than all on AHFOD, love how they just let loose with this track and rock out. Will's drum fills towards the end are nice to hear.

Lowlights:Will is my fave member of the band, but the drum beat for the first half of the song is a sleeper. For an alternative song like this they could have found a more interesting drum pad sound...Additonally, his build up is a direct rip-off of Atlas, a track where I didn't like the drums to begin with.

Of course we'll have to wait to see how the drums and guitar sound on the studio version. I hope we don't lose all of Jonny's live stuff.

Very interesting sound to start off the EP. It feels like the B-sides of the last three eras could all fit nicely onto an album together. Imagine this as Coldplay's next album:

Hypnotised, Ghost Story, All I Can Think About Is You, All Your Friends, Moving To Mars, Miracles, Atlas. All have an electronic tinge but atmospheric guitar.

• Like 12

Ugh you guys are making it really difficult not to listen to this:joy:

I'm gonna cave. Bye-bye self-discipline

edit: holy hell i need this song now. lyrics. bassline. jonny. the drum buildup

this might be the best song they've done since the viva era

i'm going to start crying in the basement of our student center guys :joy:

• Like 6

Hmmm... honestly I think I'm still gonna need a proper studio version to make a verdict. Idk, I don't necessarily think it's bad at all, but I kind of find that, like Hypnotised, there's something that's causing it to be a little lacking, leaving me wanting a bit more than I was given. Idk what it is, but like I said, I'll need a studio version to accurately decide.

• Like 2

I love the buildup of the song.

The bass, drums, piano and then Jonny!

He did it again. [emoji4]

The video in this tweet has a pretty good audio (compared to other that I heard with a lot of echo).

1492616928873.thumb.jpg.5ce001207d1357820d19968ba1f70ed1.jpg

I'm still thinking of a Coldplay song to compare it with.

i just cant believe it! I didnt think we'd ever get them back and here with are with a brand new song with jonny's soaring piercing guitar, will's explosive powerful drums, a beautiful hypnotic guy bassline and a brooding gorgeous chris. THANK YOU MUSIC GODS! IM SO HAPPY

• Like 1

I want to say "Jonny's solo. that is all."

...but I can't because that is not all. the bassline. the drums. holy shit.

the beginning kinda sounds like Radiohead and is very Parachutes-ish and then it becomes AROBTTH

I didn't even know they could still write songs like this to be honest.

The lyrics sound a bit bland though, from what I can understand. Which isn't a lot... Why am I hearing "what a lonely poor shoe" at a certain point?

• Like 3

I think it's between Ghost Stories and AROBTTH but the solo is more rocky than AROBTTH era. The melancholy of the song reminds me GS. It is completely modern Coldplay song. Coldplay goes to Pop but these days Jonny started to make rocky solos (ex. Hypnotised). I loved that new solo maker Jonny. I hope we can hear this Jonny stuff on the studio. I'm so worried about it because we have Another's Arms example. It has a magnificent solo but when we got the studio we saw the solo is like a background sound. I hope it won't happen again.

• Like 2

I am so impressed I don't even know what to say. It's SO LIT. The bassline is gorgeous, the long opening is such a warm welcome, and Will's drumming is nothing short of maddening. This song seriously has it all. Not only does it sound like old-old-school Coldplay, it has Radiohead-esque patterns that I cannot get enough of. This song is just so good. SO GOOD.

• Like 4