✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

All I Can Think About Is You

dieselbenz

in the first half, beat a little too reminiscent of teardrop

Oh I didn't even notice that and I binge Massive Attack. I actually wonder how they would sound if they really tried to go a trip hop direction.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is actually my favorite Coldplay song ...in quite some time. Probably X&Y era.. as far as first listen.. 'this is amazing' type song.

A few things though... unlike a lot of people here, I love the mix. I listen to a lot of M83, I don't mind the loud synth.

It's a lovely.. almost gritty mix. They used a lot of space with the room mics in the mix. I love it.. I hear enough 'clean' mixes.

I actually had more of a problem with the mix to Hypnotised. I mean.. did that keyboard loop really need to override the piano SO much?

I've always thought Coldplay should mix the highlights of each companion album/EP/B-sides...I mean I would've been thrilled if Viva La Vida left off a few tracks

for Glass of Water and Prospekt's March. Or if X&Y left off a few tracks for Proof or Things I Don't Understand.

But I also get that ...leaving some of the poppier songs on albums and then following with a handful of songs for the old fans is a neat way to grow your base

and keep your fans.

• Like 5

Halfway through the first listen of All I Can Think About Is You I was quite disappointed: same drum groove and bass line over and over again, it was getting boring honestly... don't get me wrong, some of my favorite pieces of music have a lot of repetition going on, but at least new instruments come in as the song goes on. None of it during the first 2 and a half minutes of AICTAIY..

Then Coldplay did what they're so good at: 180° LANDSCAPE CHANGE FOR THE WIN! Echoes of Atlas, Paradise, Clocks and Fix You in my opinion. YEAH!

I'll go with a 7/10: the first part of the song wasn't terrible, but not that great either. The second half was a huge improvement, although I wish they highlighted the piano a little bit more.

This is actually my favorite Coldplay song ...in quite some time. Probably X&Y era.. as far as first listen.. 'this is amazing' type song.

A few things though... unlike a lot of people here, I love the mix. I listen to a lot of M83, I don't mind the loud synth.

It's a lovely.. almost gritty mix. They used a lot of space with the room mics in the mix. I love it.. I hear enough 'clean' mixes.

I actually had more of a problem with the mix to Hypnotised. I mean.. did that keyboard loop really need to override the piano SO much?

I agree about the mix. It sounds like they were going for a "live" sound rather than a super clean studio recording and I absolutely love it. The reverb and "space" in this song is just awesome, and if some of the finer elements get drowned out at the end that just adds to the live feeling.

It's like a darker Glass of Water crossed with Atlas and a pinch of X&Y soundscaping thrown in

• Like 3

So, I just looked at that Tokyo performance on Youtube where they play this live. Wow, this song was born to be played live!

Whoever produced this had one job- contain this beast in a studio setting and don't fuck it up. Was it Eno?

Seems too gritty to be the guys from that last pop album.

Also wow, in that live version.. I love the way Chris Martin just jumped up from the piano abruptly as the song plays it's last note. The song ends in a sorta fierce walkaway. It really is a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am ending. And Chris Martin probably just jumped up to hurriedly grab a guitar or something for the next song. But I would totally dig it if the ending was a way to

tell the haters 'We're still Coldplay, motherfuckers. And we still have rock in us yet."

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I really love it. It's experimental, cool and features some really beautiful piano. If people still say that Coldplay only make crappy radio-pop now this really proves them wrong.

However I'd really like to hear a fixed version of this song, I'm not really sure what I think it needs because I quite like the dreamy vocals, although I wouldn't mind them being a little clearer. Maybe the first half needs a little something more, but then saying that, I could listen to a much longer version of the second half too. I'm pretty sure there'll be a fan fixed version on here eventually, unless the professional live recording changes anything

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

First thing that came to mind when I looked at the lyrics to this song...

I feel like Chris turned this quote of his from the AROBTTH era into AICTAIY...

" It's weird that whatever else is on your mind, whether it's the downfall of global economics or terrible environmental troubles, the thing that always gets you most is when you fancy someone"

• Like 6

" It's weird that whatever else is on your mind, whether it's the downfall of global economics or terrible environmental troubles, the thing that always gets you most is when you fancy someone"

and what a fantastic choice that was

Holy frick, THAT's the meaning of this song...

• Like 1