✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A L I E N S

AMDB9

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy listening to remixes — they give me a different perspective of the same song — and this one is no exception. I had a bit of trouble getting a feel for the rhythm in the original, it was hard to locate the starting and ending points of some of the melodies. But with its strong beat, this remix helps keep track of the rhythm.

• Like 1

I have to say I don't like the Markus Dravs A L I E N S Remix (and I'm a big fan of the original song and instrumentation/arrangement), but then I don't like any remix of any Coldplay song to be honest.

The only good thing about this remix is that at least it stayed true to the dark, melancholic sound of the original song.

I dont know if you've already talked about this but the song on Spotify is different from the song in YouTube...

YouTube - "history has some to know"

Spotify - "history someone to know" (?)

There are more differences:

The timing is slightly different from the part ''Watching my life, on the skyline'', followed by a different order of lyrics ''Oh we just want to get home again'' is sung twice in the Spotify version while it's only sung once in the youtube version. The Spotify version is slightly shorter.

I don't know why there are two different versions (doesn't seem like a radio edit). I like the Spotify version better.

These differences start here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=we-LaiQNY5s;m=3;s=18

And compare this to the Spotify version ;)

• Like 1

There are more differences:

The timing is slightly different from the part ''Watching my life, on the skyline'', followed by a different order of lyrics ''Oh we just want to get home again'' is sung twice in the Spotify version while it's only sung once in the youtube version. The Spotify version is slightly shorter.

I don't know why there are two different versions (doesn't seem like a radio edit). I like the Spotify version better.

These differences start here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=we-LaiQNY5s;m=3;s=18

And compare this to the Spotify version ;)

I noticed that too and I can't understand why. I have gotten used to the Youtube lyric video version, so the one on Kaleidoscope EP sounds "wrong" to my ears now :(

• Like 1

I noticed that too and I can't understand why. I have gotten used to the Youtube lyric video version, so the one on Kaleidoscope EP sounds "wrong" to my ears now :(
For me it's the other way around haha

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONE E1003 met Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I just found out more differences :

The background instrumental during the 2nd verse on the YTB version (from the 1'43 to 2'18 mark) is slightly different from the EP version. I hear a sort of flute in the background

The "tell your leader, sir or ma'am..." part is more clearer on YTB.

On the YTB version there's an extra "just an alien" between the "of the spacetime " and "turning toward it" lines

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...