✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Head Full of Dreams Film - In Cinemas Nov.14

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also hoping that the album is a double-disc so they can include the whole show and not cut out songs like they did for Live 2012.

And if they have a CD+DVD, I hope they don't cut out songs from the DVD.

I hate how The Scientist, Daylight, Life is for Living, etc. were not on the 2003 CD. I guess they could only fit so much on the CD... but Daylight and LIFL were so good live.

And if they have a CD+DVD, I hope they don't cut out songs from the DVD.

I hate how The Scientist, Daylight, Life is for Living, etc. were not on the 2003 CD. I guess they could only fit so much on the CD... but Daylight and LIFL were so good live.

I don't really know if it's about space on the CD, really - a CD can hold up to 1:20:00, but Live 2003 and 2012 are 1:07:27 and 1:06:42 respectively, so they could have fit at least a couple more songs (although Live 2003 had the CD-ROM section with photos, which might have taken up the rest of the space). Maybe they just decided some of the songs wouldn't work audio-only or made the album too long.

Is there any waybto listen to it other then apple music... I've only got spotify so I haven't heard it yet;"(

Sent from my SM-J111F using Coldplaying mobile app

It's actually not on Apple Music, and there's nowhere you can buy it. But the good news is that is was originally released for free on the Coldplay website, and although it's not there anymore, it can be found easily online legally (since it was originally free).

Is there any waybto listen to it other then apple music... I've only got spotify so I haven't heard it yet;"(

Sent from my SM-J111F using Coldplaying mobile app

Definitely check it out on the link I Ran Away sent! It's got a gorgeous rendition of The Hardest Part/Postcards from Far Away. You wouldn't think those two songs would work together, but they do :joy:

Speaking of Live 2003, does anyone else miss the fact that the guys used to play the occasional unreleased studio song on tour? I suppose it's because they have so many hits now that it's hard to cram anything else into the 1.5-2 hour time slot, but I would love another live-only track like Moses!

• Like 1

I was frankly disappointed with Ghost Stories Live. There barely a thing different with those recordings and the crowd cheering was insufferable on a few tracks.

I'm excited about AHFOD live though, for a few reasons. I absolutely love the new version of Us Against the World (Silver Bird). All the KEP tracks performed so far have been great! Army of One was much better live, and I think the title track too is much more exciting and dance-able when performed live. Plus we'll have the awesome Up&Up outro! Should be a solid live release since this tour has been so solid.

I absolutely love the visuals of Live 2014, and didn't find the crowd overpowering on it (COUGH SJLT from KEP COUGH). But I could be biased because it is one of my favourite albums. I love the cohesion of it as a full album, and seeing it performed as such was faaaaaaantastic for me!

Anyway count me as extra excited for this new one! Interested to see what they keep in with so many legs. I know that GPAS has replaced Birds in the second legs, but I hope both recordings make it. Birds is so fun live, and the new GPAS with the bit of audience interaction is nice.

The Silver Bird version of UATW is absolutely stunning, completely agreed. I wish I'd got to hear Army of One live, that one ended up as a rarity.

And again I hope they do the same thing by just taking some best performances from all over, even though I know they made a point to mention they did record the 3 nights in Paris. (Selfishly because I was only at the front for the second night of Paris and the other shows I was front for were Cardiff and Melbourne... and I just want to spot myself for a millisecond haha)

Definitely check it out on the link I Ran Away sent! It's got a gorgeous rendition of The Hardest Part/Postcards from Far Away. You wouldn't think those two songs would work together, but they do :joy:

Speaking of Live 2003, does anyone else miss the fact that the guys used to play the occasional unreleased studio song on tour? I suppose it's because they have so many hits now that it's hard to cram anything else into the 1.5-2 hour time slot, but I would love another live-only track like Moses!

^ And YES! I just ADORE Postcards From Far Away so hearing it live and tacked on at the end of THP... so beautiful.

I completely agree about the occasional unreleased studio song. Can't they just release a 4 disc set? :joy:

no because then i get upset there aren't studio versions of the songs :joy:

• Like 2

^ At the very least they could record a studio version of Don Quixote. And yes, I know a lot of it was salvaged for Don't Let It Break Your Heart but god I love Don Quixote :joy: and without the ole ole ole chant. IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK haha

Yes! I love Don Quixote too! A studio version of that would be perfection but that is only in my dreams

• Like 1

Yes! I love Don Quixote too! A studio version of that would be perfection but that is only in my dreams

They could release that on Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends 20th Anniversary.

Disc 1: Original Album (remastered)

Disc 2: Prospekts March EP (remastered)

Disc 3: Studio version of these songs:

- Famous Old Painters

- Don Quixote (Spanish Rain)

- Bloodless Revolution

- St. Stephen

- The Fall of Man

- First Steps

- Lukas

- Goodbye and Goodnight

Disc 4: Rare live performances

Can't blame me from dreaming :p

• Like 8

Now regarding "Live 2017", I don't see the band breaking their formula. Majority of the tracks will still come from AHFOD + the Hits. I just hope they'll include the live version of Army of One and at least a track from Kaleidoscope EP (no, not SJLT please)

*include The Scientist

• Like 1

They could release that on Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends 20th Anniversary.

- Famous Old Painters

- Bloodless Revolution

- St. Stephen

- The Fall of Man

- First Steps

- Lukas

- Goodbye and Goodnight

I would buy every possible version they released if this were real. Digital, CD, Vinyl, Limited Edition Vinyl, Target Exclusive, iTunes Exclusive... eVERYTHING :joy:

- Famous Old Painters

- Bloodless Revolution

- St. Stephen

- The Fall of Man

- First Steps

- Lukas

- Goodbye and Goodnight

Don't do this to me :joy:

• Like 1

Now regarding "Live 2017", I don't see the band breaking their formula. Majority of the tracks will still come from AHFOD + the Hits. I just hope they'll include the live version of Army of One and at least a track from Kaleidoscope EP (no, not SJLT please)

*include The Scientist

I would very much say that SJLT will be on there, as you said they will have "the hits" and sadly, as much as we all hate to admit it SJLT is one of their hits. I know The Scientist is one of their hits but never goes on there, but some things will always remain a mystery :joy:

But in regards to KEP, I would like to think AICTAIY will be on there I'd say

• Like 1

^ Have the guys actually played any of the KEP songs live yet? I was expecting to hear Hypnotised in Kansas City since the pre-show video told us to download the app, but it never made an appearance

SJLT has been played at every show since it came out (I think); Hypnotised, Miracles (Someone Special), and AICTAIY have been played once each, and A L I E N S has never been played.

• Like 2

SJLT has been played at every show since it came out (I think); Hypnotised, Miracles (Someone Special), and AICTAIY have been played once each, and A L I E N S has never been played.

Somehow the fact that SJLT is on KEP slipped my mind :laughing:

I'm not surprised that A L I E N S is the one out of all of them that hasn't been played. It's one of my favorite songs from the last three eras, but it doesn't seem like the type of song that the guys would option to play live. It's just weird enough (similar to Twisted Logic and Rainy Day)

• Like 1