✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Head Full of Dreams Film - In Cinemas Nov.14

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t understand why they’re taking such a long time, the Live 2012 editing process lasted less than one month.

Exactly and it was an awesome editing, camera work etc. Its getting to take annoyingly too much time, moreover it was supposed to come out last year, at least Chris said this. Im not even sure we'll get a trailer in january...

• Like 1

Is there any possibility that we could be getting a tour diary to go along with the concert a la Live 2003? Could that explain why it's taking so much longer than Live 2012?

Hopefully they aren't trying to get too fancy with it. When you already have so much going on onstage during the song itself (lasers, confetti, beach balls, etc.) simple cuts and editing is best, imo

• Like 5

Hopefully they aren't trying to get too fancy with it. When you already have so much going on onstage during the song itself (lasers, confetti, beach balls, etc.) simple cuts and editing is best, imo

Yes, for example I didn’t like the effects on Live 2012, they were too much and the shots weren’t so clear with them.

• Like 1

I wonder whether the "Live 2017" album includes a pure video recording of songs performed at concerts put together as a continuous footage without any gaps alongside a tour diary or a video recording with interruptions including short commentaries by each member of the Coldplay as in Live 2012. However, it occured to me that they might have been making a documentary film which probably captures and chronicles the lives of the Coldplay members during their AFHOD Tour, something as "Madonna: Truth or Dare" (also known as "In Bed with Madonna"). I'm convinced that it can be surely interesting and thrilling to see into what happened behind the scenes when the boys were on the road. Any thoughts on this?

I wonder whether the "Live 2017" album includes a pure video recording of songs performed at concerts put together as a continuous footage without any gaps alongside a tour diary or a video recording with interruptions including short commentaries by each member of the Coldplay as in Live 2012. However, it occured to me that they might have been making a documentary film which probably captures and chronicles the lives of the Coldplay members during their AFHOD Tour, something as "Madonna: Truth or Dare" (also known as "In Bed with Madonna"). I'm convinced that it can be surely interesting and thrilling to see into what happened behind the scenes when the boys were on the road. Any thoughts on this?

I really hope so, because otherwise the amount of time it took for making a pure concert film is getting ridiculous. And I hope it'd be a continuous, long documentary like on Live 2003, not intercalated short commentaries like on Live 2012.

• Like 3

it would make sense, because i know they did filming outside of the concerts as well, outside of the touring. and i agree with @I ran away , i hope it's more in the style of Live 2003, because while i did still love Live 2012, it didn't really have that same behind-the-scenes feel. and there wasn't enough footage of the boys just goofing around :joy:

• Like 3

Because it's taking so long for them to release a live album for AHFOD (every other live album came roughly a year after the album was released), do you guys think that they'll add some bonus content?

Obviously we've already talked about the potential of a studio version of Life Is Beautiful, but what about demos for tracks or maybe even some more B-sides from the AHFOD sesisons? The only reason I bring this up is that Chris in an interview with Zane Lowe talked about a song they wrote called Voodoo that he thinks they could never get away with releasing (too political, maybe to innapropriate for young audiences?) But man would I like to hear that.

• Like 3

Because it's taking so long for them to release a live album for AHFOD (every other live album came roughly a year after the album was released), do you guys think that they'll add some bonus content?

Obviously we've already talked about the potential of a studio version of Life Is Beautiful, but what about demos for tracks or maybe even some more B-sides from the AHFOD sesisons? The only reason I bring this up is that Chris in an interview with Zane Lowe talked about a song they wrote called Voodoo that he thinks they could never get away with releasing (too political, maybe to innapropriate for young audiences?) But man would I like to hear that.

Im 13 and NOTHING is gonna get in my way of listening to a new Coldplay song hhahahahah

Sent from my [device_name] using Coldplaying mobile app

^ I agree. They were cool at some points, but the footage also looks grainy. I want a CLEAR HD picture. 4K would be pretty nice...

This. I mean what's the point in wasting high definition capability if you're just going to use crazy camera/video filters to make the end result appear more "film-like"? Make it true high definition and let us watch the recording as if we're actually there - isn't that the whole idea of a live recording anyway?

• Like 2

I would like them to release a 4K film with minimal or no effects, but the thing that makes me fear is the SJLT (Tokio Remix) music video, which is the only band-made live footage for this era, that has a lot of kaleidoscopic views, mirroring, lyric lines and all these crazy stuff. And this was directed by Mat Whitecross and maybe it will end up like this in the film!

• Like 2

Lately I've been again wondering about what 'suprises' the Coldplay might have been preparing for us concerning the live album. Well, I wish they would bring out a raw compact concert film with NO gaps and without too many crazy effects, insane filters and devastating editings (as @yoyo2000 mentioned) alongside with a tour diary documenting the development and course of the AHFOD Tour itself including the footage of recording the Kaleidoscope EP (reference to @I ran away, thank you for pointing this out!). I assume that the next thing I'm going to write is unlikely to happen but I certainly believe that that might be intriguing! It would be really smashing if the Coldplay also released a documentary film not only chronicling and capturing their lives during the AHFOD Tour which I've already mentioned earlier (Sorry for repeating myself!) but also focusing on both their professional and personal lives in general. I'm just guessing it might be also a secret project for celebrating their 20th anniversary which may document their whole journey since the very beginning up to the present day! Perhaps its working title is "Don't Ever Give Up - Believe in Love" or whatever Coldplayish appellation. They might just actually be making a rockumentary though... However, I really doubt this. Anyway, is anybody hazardously optimistic as me? :joy:

• Like 1

I assume that the next thing I'm going to write is unlikely to happen but I certainly believe that that might be intriguing! It would be really smashing if the Coldplay also released a documentary film not only chronicling and capturing their lives during the AHFOD Tour which I've already mentioned earlier (Sorry for repeating myself!) but also focusing on both their professional and personal lives in general.

It's not that unlikely. There are hints that Mat Whitecross, having directed the Oasis documentary "Supersonic", is working on something similar for Coldplay. Last year Jonny and Will were suddenly spotted visiting their old flat in Camden and Chris visited Sherborne, his old school - it was speculated that these things might be related to the filming of a Coldplay documentary.

• Like 7

Damn. I hope the band doesn't do another Toronto 2006/Barcelona 2009 with this film.... :expressionless:

[MEDIA=twitter]958004470083997696[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/MatWhitecross/status/958004470083997696

Also:

[MEDIA=twitter]958000388837396480[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/MatWhitecross/status/958000388837396480

• Like 3

Damn. I hope the band doesn't do another Toronto 2006/Barcelona 2009 with this film.... :expressionless:

[MEDIA=twitter]958004470083997696[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/MatWhitecross/status/958004470083997696

Also:

[MEDIA=twitter]958000388837396480[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/MatWhitecross/status/958000388837396480

[emoji22] [emoji21]

That would be terrible

Please no

I also wondered about that, specifically the "sadly", which sounds odd. In another tweet he said he has so much fun working on it, so it could simply mean they are on the last, final edit, and he is sad to part with the work...I really hope that's what it means.

• Like 6