✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Head Full of Dreams Film - In Cinemas Nov.14

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this in, but at the Kansas City concert last night Chris announced that they were currently in the process of recording a live album that they plan to release in November.

He mentioned it because he told us they wanted to use the KC version of Us Against the World on it :p

Anyway--has there been any news of this yet? Am I late to the party or is this as much news to the rest of you as it was to me?

• Like 4

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless someone comes up with another title for it, it's basically Live 2017 obviously. :p

I know exactly what you mean! Hahaha but I have a feeling it might not be as the tour did heavily run through 2016 as well. I know (most likely) none of the concerts from 2016 were recorded for anything but it might just be A Head Full Of Dreams Tour Live or something like that. They might even come up with an actual name for it! But yes, you're right. More than likely Live 2017 :P

What do you guys think the album art will look like? (Assuming its gonna be called Live 2017)

1) The flower of life but with live 2017 in the middle (like Live from Spotify)

2d3d9931ce173f022a329cfc914d51c1.jpg

2) A whole new Kaleidoscope with Live 2017 at the top left (like everglow single version)

78b1e27db2ae1d1bed7456544491d367.jpg

3) A fusion of both 1 and 2 (like the Kaleidoscope EP album art)

375d062fc5d3323ccc45b1d993e3aeab.jpg

Sent from my SM-J111F using Coldplaying mobile app

I was frankly disappointed with Ghost Stories Live. There barely a thing different with those recordings and the crowd cheering was insufferable on a few tracks.

I'm excited about AHFOD live though, for a few reasons. I absolutely love the new version of Us Against the World (Silver Bird). All the KEP tracks performed so far have been great! Army of One was much better live, and I think the title track too is much more exciting and dance-able when performed live. Plus we'll have the awesome Up&Up outro! Should be a solid live release since this tour has been so solid.

• Like 5

On the album cover, in the past, the DVD and cd art has been the same, just the cd art is in a square. But to me, the Spotify live release or just a kaleidoscope might look a bit odd as a DVD cover, unless they add some things around it to fill in the gaps (I guess like KEP with the lyrics).

But they most likely wouldn't do just a picture or anything, that isn't very Coldplay at all haha

Beautiful performance, beautiful souls:heart:~ may more understanding, love and peace be instilled in the world, via this Live Album, absolutely a golden gem to keep and pass it on~ may the message reach to more, may the wish come true~ Look forward to the release :)

Excerpt from the review below:

They opened with “A Head Full of Dreams,” the title track from their most recent album, released in 2015. It was preceded by an excerpt from “The Great Dictator,” a Charlie Chaplin film, a speech that set the philosophical tone for the show, which was, essentially, treat each other kindly:

“I don’t want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone if possible; Jew, Gentile, black men, white. We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that. We want to live by each others’ happiness, not by each other’s misery. We don’t want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone. And the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone.”

Review

• Like 1

I really hope we'll have The Scientist on the live album this time. Never understood why they skipped this song on all the previous live albums

I was wondering this too the other day. Not on Live 2003 or Live 2012:( Surely Live 2003 would have made the most sense as the corresponding album to the studio record, and their decision to omit it made no sense as one of their most popular all-time songs!

I really hope we'll have The Scientist on the live album this time. Never understood why they skipped this song on all the previous live albums

I was wondering this too the other day. Not on Live 2003 or Live 2012:( Surely Live 2003 would have made the most sense as the corresponding album to the studio record, and their decision to omit it made no sense as one of their most popular all-time songs!

it's not even on LRLRL either smh