✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Head Full of Dreams Film - In Cinemas Nov.14

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So do you guys think they will include Birds or GPASUYF on the live release? Since they alternated between the two quite frequently throughout the tour. Or just skip it entirely?

They'll definitely include Birds. It's one of the core AHFOD songs. Probably not GPASUYF, but possible.

Birds is an underrated live song and Coldplay song in general. Not a fan of LP7 but Birds is among their best work ever. The studio version is ok, but the live version feels otherwordly. I think the key difference is Jonny's live guitar riff towards the end of the song is so much better than the Stargate diluted crap.

Yeah I'm just glad we know one is coming soon and they are hard at work on it. The one thing Im really hoping for is for the quality to be really good. Live 2012 was shot with a different camera or had some effects on it. Either way I don't like how grainy it looks. A 4K HDR release would be awesome, but I'll take the crisp HD quality like the Believe in Love video.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 2

Yeah I'm just glad we know one is coming soon and they are hard at work on it. The one thing Im really hoping for is for the quality to be really good. Live 2012 was shot with a different camera or had some effects on it. Either way I don't like how grainy it looks. A 4K HDR release would be awesome, but I'll take the crisp HD quality like the Believe in Love video.

I do understand what you mean with Live 2012, but I think that the added effects suited the show, to add to the graffiti/messy vibe. But for AHFOD Tour, a 4K HDR release would definitely suit the show. They will probably add like the circle of life over the top at some points I imagine, like the one on the screen of the show.

I personally loved Live 2014 with how beautifully shot that was in HD. And i loved the cinematic kind of look that it had compared to Live 2003/2012.

• Like 2

Interesting now that you all have pointed out - each live DVD has had its own feel indeed!

-Live 2003 feels really intimate even though that's probably a reasonably big venue, the Sydney Opera House.

-The unreleased X&Y film feels pretty big at some points. I always thought the Square One countdown is so *huge* feeling and really does feel like you're launching into space. Good feels. <3

-Live 2012 has interesting MX style artwork baked into it. It was a pretty cool aesthetic. It feels a little less "realistic" but I appreciate the artistic license at least, with all the rainbows and interesting close-up camera angles (eg the slow-mo during Fix You). It was also interesting how the band interviews were interspersed between songs. That's a different choice too! One thing I didn't like was transitioning between venues for songs, which felt kind of jarring at points. Most egregiously, they switched venues in the MIDDLE OF Major Minus, and it's extremely noticeable to me. Especially because the style in which they performed the song (in terms of instruments and their tone - Jonny switches guitar - and how Chris sings the choruses) changes a lot between 2011 and 2012. I also am sad they cut out Violet Hill from the DVD main video, which means that beautiful transition to GPASUYF is lost.

-Live 2014 has a pretty surreal feel, with Chris "flying" on AIMH, and the story arc from Another's Arm through Oceans to ASFOS. The venue itself feels pretty intimate.

What will we see with Live 2017/2018? The kaleidoscope/flower of life is an obvious thing. Maybe something with some fan interaction? Kind of like how they stitched audience videos of UATW in Live 2012. I could see them doing something similar for the request songs. Maybe there'll be something fun like on-instrument gopro cameras or something. What other stylistic choices do y'all foresee? Anything is possible!

• Like 2

I'm really hoping they do like what they did with Live 2003 and have a tour diary documentary. I loved being able to watch all the behind the scenes of the shows and seeing them travel around and be interviewed and then be able to watch the concert film with full continuity. Something that did kind of annoy me about Live 2012 was cutting it up for the interviews. Don't get me wrong, I love the interviews, I love how each member got a bit and it was all very fitting but it really just took away from the show for me. I just wanted to enjoy the concert. That's where the interviews would fit nicely in a separate tour diary section. And they have done so much in the past 2 years for this album so they would have so much to talk about

• Like 6

Untitled.png

So typically we see live albums released 2 months after the end of the tour date.

Interestingly, lately, we are actually seeing them before the tour date is even done.

Even so, we are seeing an average of release about 2 months pre or post final tour date.

Obviously, they havent released it before the end of this tour, so it's gotta be after, and it's looking like about 2 months after, ie, Jan/Feb 2018.

• Like 1