✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Head Full of Dreams Film - In Cinemas Nov.14

The band just seems to hate X&Y. :p

I'd love to see some footage of the Asia shows - like AICTAIY in Tokyo. :D

I don't think that they hate X&Y but what they've been throw thought X&Y was really hard for them, I remember in some interview from 2008 after VLV came out actually that will and guy told "in X&Y we wad what everyone wanted to be, and don't what we wanted to be, we could continue with the same and make tons of records like this and sell millions of copies, but I'm not sure we would be happy like we're right now after we made VLV"

I really love X&Y and REALLY HOPE they gonna play songs from there somewhere in the future, but don't forget how the new your times burning them to the ground when X&Y came out and they took it really hard then (Chris said that in the same interview)

• Like 2

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay people, bets for whether this new song getting debuted on the 8th will be on the live album?

http://coldplay.com/coldplay-to-debut-new-song-for-estamos-unidos-mexicanos-concert/

And could the song be Don Quixote? It says brand new, but we've already got one revamped Viva-era "demo" this era. Unlikely to be sure, but possible?

^I don't think so, it sounds mostly like it is a going to be a charity single or one-off thing--probably something they've had a while and want to release (Don Quixote would be amazing). I like the fact that A L I E N S is also technically a viva era "demo" they are now using as a charity single.

This isn't the right thread for this kind of speculation though, but remember how the band said it was touring with a studio in Asia and how Roadie 42 was writing about how they were recording backstage? Well when they were in Australia, we know they basically only had to wrap up the feature on Miracles Someone Special......so whatever they have been recording and writing on tour WAS NOT for the Kaleidoscope EP. They probably had all those tracks finished in 2016, but were waiting on music videos, promotions, etc.

Guy also said in an interview that they might do something more acoustic.... Are we gonna get an early 2018 surprise album drop that is purely acoustic and recorded really roughly on tour? I guess answer in the LP8 thread if you want to speculate!

• Like 1

Okay people, bets for whether this new song getting debuted on the 8th will be on the live album?

I think they will include this song on the live album, if they do this they'll probably announce the live movie/album (posting trailer, pre-order and all that stuff) the day after the San Diego concert.

• Like 1

Guy also said in an interview that they might do something more acoustic.... Are we gonna get an early 2018 surprise album drop that is purely acoustic and recorded really roughly on tour? I guess answer in the LP8 thread if you want to speculate!

A Coldplayer can dream :heart_eyes:

Ghost Stories is probably my least listened-to album of theirs, but I put on the live CD on my drive back home late last night and it was perfect. I'd love more songs like Oceans, Don't Panic, Parachutes, We Never Change, O, etc.

I'm skeptical as to whether this new song will be on the live album as well (especially since the album is supposedly being released next month?), but it would be a nice addition!

• Like 1

no but seriously, we are a month away from the release of the live DVD/CD and we had no official announcement yet... so far we always had a pre release announcement a month or two before the official release so i am a bit worried...

Im very sure they'll release it... I mean Chris said they're recording it

• 3 weeks later...

I am kinda sad , I was hoping for the whole movie to be from the first Paris show haha... oh well, let's hope it will be like live 2012 ...

My theory is , they are going to show the majority from Paris. We have a 22 song set . My best guess would be a good bunch from it will it from Paris I know they filmed Up and Up and Charlie Brown from the first night and Everglow from the second Paris show, It has been confirmed Viva and Life Is Beautiful was recorded in Sao Paulo tonight, and a few others from a America , and Milan ?

• Like 1

So apparently they played a special track with Jon Hopkins tonight. (internally screaming). Can we confirm whether it was an improvised "Houston #1" type track or are they collaborating again?????

https://www.pscp.tv/EuMeChamoNica/1ypJdNeOvjLKW?t=0

this periscope has the song about half way through it.

Its just another improvised song. Still its great!!

• Like 2

https://www.pscp.tv/EuMeChamoNica/1ypJdNeOvjLKW?t=0

this periscope has the song about half way through it.

Its just another improvised song. Still its great!!

I don't know why this is the first thing that came to mind, but this sounds like something I would hear floating down the canals of Venice in the moonlight :joy: It's got a really cool, unique vibe to it. Would love to hear something like this from them as an official release in the future

I don't know why this is the first thing that came to mind, but this sounds like something I would hear floating down the canals of Venice in the moonlight :joy: It's got a really cool, unique vibe to it. Would love to hear something like this from them as an official release in the future

It has a jazzy feel for sure

• 3 weeks later...