✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Tim Bergling, a.k.a. Avicii, Dead at 28

Zero Theory

Considering how much he worked with Chris and the rest of the band, I figured this is deserving of its own thread.

He has created and produced so many songs that I have grown up with throughout high school and college.

The Nights, Wake Me Up, Levels are some songs that have a special place in my heart.

He also produced ASFOS and HFTW. He was an incredibly talented producer and artist, and was one of the faces of the EDM movement.

Rest in peace, Avicii. It's heartbreaking how early in his bright life he was taken.

"One day you'll leave this world behind, so live a life you will remember."

:heart:

• Like 8

Apparently he has had health issues in the past involving alcohol.

Most likely has something to do with alcohol/drugs/suicide. Really really sad, whatever it was, that he couldn't get the help he needed from the right people.

Wow. Really shows that you can have it all- the money, fame, popularity, success - yet be so unsatisfied with life. Very tragic to see.

• Like 2

This is a fragment from a Dutch tv show where one of Avicii's friends is talking about the song "Heaven".

Chris Martin has collaborated on that one.

It was played live as a try-out on a concert.

Nicky Romero is talking about him doing some final changes to the song but Tim Bergling hadn't yet heard the final result. [emoji17]

[MEDIA=twitter]987440725766934528[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/RTLLateNight/status/987440725766934528?s=19

• Like 2

Wonder why Coldplay haven't said anything.
Was wondering this as well. Although I see them, especially Chris, reaching out to the family personally without putting anything on social media. It's still weird Chris at least didn't say something on Twitter.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I really think Chris was very close to Avicii, being a slightly more old fashioned man I would imagine he would want to keep his feelings private. He must be devastated.

Personally think Nicky Romero should help Coldplay release Heaven as a tribute to Avicii. Would almost certainly be a certain Number 1 record worldwide, and raise some great money for a charity of their choice as well as be a fitting tribute. I'm a big EDM fan, have been for years. Nicky Romero is one of the best in the business, he would get it done right!

• Like 5

Namo Amitabha~ be gentle and truly frank with your inner self, be caring about the real and true state of souls around you, be determined to begin to think and do the most important things based on your inner calling(listening to your "conscience" when making decisions) other than being led by desires/extra influences as if this is the last phase of your incarnation. When you are on the right path leading to your divine destiny, the "so deep/peaceful satisfaction" as well as the external physical manifestation/signs will ensure your existence on earth not only as a human being, but also an universal being in human form. May you cherish and value your livings and others' , always~

I really think Chris was very close to Avicii, being a slightly more old fashioned man I would imagine he would want to keep his feelings private. He must be devastated.

Personally think Nicky Romero should help Coldplay release Heaven as a tribute to Avicii. Would almost certainly be a certain Number 1 record worldwide, and raise some great money for a charity of their choice as well as be a fitting tribute. I'm a big EDM fan, have been for years. Nicky Romero is one of the best in the business, he would get it done right!

Very well put. Chris most certainly is very respectful and a bit more private. And that's actually a really good idea. If they released it and put all or some proceeds to a charity in Avicii's name, that would be awesome. Maybe it will see a release one day. I have been dying for a full release since March 2015 and I never want to say never, but I don't think we'll see any sort of release at this point. Although it is Avicii's ID, I wonder if Ricky Romero has any power to release it or if he only had permission to play it. Time will tell I guess.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I agree that Chris seems to be the type who would be super private and go through private channels to express condolences. I wouldn't be surprised if a song came of this and other tragic, untimely deaths of late.

Just finished watching the Avicii documentary (the one where Chris also appears in) after finding it on Youtube and wanted to share a few words on that.

First off, it was extremely disturbing to watch, knowing now how this story ultimately ended. The impression I got from this film is that this man literally was dragged/or in part also dragged himself to his death through his being ill-prepared for this massive touring and expectations, resulting in excessive alcohol consumption as well as misguided "mentors" (that's what his former manager calls himself here) who were just after the money and couldn't care less about mental or physical health. I think it shows how sick the music industry (and as a mirror of that, society's obsession with stardom or the next big thing or whatever you wanna call it) can be and how easily you can get crushed between the wheels.

Also, he's in hospital with recurring pancreatitis and I noticed there are three (!) at least 1,5 L Coke bottles in his room ! Um, not the best idea !

The film ends on a positive note with his new life after he insists on giving up touring against everyone's wishes, so one can only wonder what happened in the end. Especially with that last statement from his family making it sound like it could have been suicide after all... One can only guess but some destructive habits/patterns of thought are hard to change even when the pressure goes away. :expressionless:

• Like 9