✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Los Unidades

jainharshul96

I'd scrap the spanish lyrics tho, since they sound SO CRAPPY (trust me on this one, as an Spanish native speaker, those lyrics are bad), but the intro and the outro of the song are good!!!!

Seconded. I try to not dislike it, but I can't. Only part I really hate of the entire EP, I can listen to the rest.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to figure out what it all is about.

'Los Unidades' - which by the way is wrong, in Spanish it ought to be 'Las Unidades' - means 'The Unities'. So it's a group of musicians collaborating, probably for special occasions. Under this name Coldplay can work together with various other artists and the music need not be a music they personnally like the best but will always be the music that best fits the occasion. New music with other musicians will probably be released for the next Global Citizen Festival in New York next year.

Meanwhile they might be working on new music under their 'real' name of Coldplay. Chris is probably writing new songs all the time. I can also imagine that the three other members are writing new music. The question is whether they will get together to record it. There were rumours about the band being fed up with Chris because they thought he had not enough time to work together with them. Perhaps after all they are going to separate?

Anyhow, Jonny, Will and Guy are not in Johannisburg. Is this a bad sign of them going separate ways? I hope not!

At first I didn't like the new EP, but now I like it a bit, not more. But - perhaps the end (Global Citizens, South Africa) justifies the means??

I'm with you completely, @I ran away . I'm trying to like the songs on this EP....trying very hard...I just can't get there. This EP is just really really not for me.

However, I am happy for those who are pleased with it and are enjoying listening! I also think that the purpose of the EP is very cool and I hope they do well with sales for the sake of those it benefits.

In the meantime I'll just sit back, blast some Oldplay in my ears and hope for the best for album #8.

My thoughts exactly.

I listened to the EP on repeat for over an hour, with an open mind and knowing this is not Coldplay. Listened again today.

But, I have to decide it just is not my cup of tea. Doesn't mean it is bad. There are a few parts that sound interesting and promessing.

Also, I don't feel Chris' voice is suited for this kind of music.

I'm glad that I bought the EP and so have supported a great cause.

• Like 3

I tried to figure out what it all is about.

'Los Unidades' - which by the way is wrong, in Spanish it ought to be 'Las Unidades' - means 'The Unities'. So it's a group of musicians collaborating, probably for special occasions. Under this name Coldplay can work together with various other artists and the music need not be a music they personnally like the best but will always be the music that best fits the occasion. New music with other musicians will probably be released for the next Global Citizen Festival in New York next year.

Meanwhile they might be working on new music under their 'real' name of Coldplay. Chris is probably writing new songs all the time. I can also imagine that the three other members are writing new music. The question is whether they will get together to record it. There were rumours about the band being fed up with Chris because they thought he had not enough time to work together with them. Perhaps after all they are going to separate?

Anyhow, Jonny, Will and Guy are not in Johannisburg. Is this a bad sign of them going separate ways? I hope not!

At first I didn't like the new EP, but now I like it a bit, not more. But - perhaps the end (Global Citizens, South Africa) justifies the means??

I'm curious where those rumors are from, because we know from Guy that after AHFOD, they agreed on a one year hiatus of no writing or recording. Of course, they are all musicians for a living and Chris is writing stuff on his own all the time. But I think they agreed they needed a break as a group to refresh, and I'm sure they will get back to work in 2019 refreshed with a box of ideas. Guy said they will get back to work next year.

Though, I wouldn't doubt that the boys are a bit frustrated with Chris' distance from them.

I think Will, Jonny and Guy just don't like the music on that EP. It's more Chris's type of music. So they are not keen on performing these songs at such an important event.

That bad huh? Lol good thing I can't understand it.

Look, Spanish is my mother tongue, but I didn't even notice that part because I was so amazed with the chorus, I loved it a lot... I wrote a comment here because it was so catchy...

And then hours later I read this...

And totally hating this Danny Ocean part. I dislike the kind of music he makes...

Now I can unhear it. It's so bad... And yes, the kind of music he does is terrible.

But anyway, when I reach 1:31 in the video, I jump to 2:01. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would love a edited version :joy::joy:

• Like 1

So here's my post regarding the attitude towards the Los Unidades project or whatever I perceive it as.

My initial reaction was that I believed the Coldplay had changed their name which was not true, luckily. I went through all your contribution in this thread to see things what they were truly like. This led me to the idea that it had been smart and shrewd of the boys to create an alter ego of the band which was my only rational explanation I had come up with, seriously. Releasing a different genre of music or whatever we call this under the other brand is a brilliant and considered move. May the boys do anything they want without tarnishing the Coldplay brand, thanks. They've been so long in the music industry that they surely know how to survive and remain in that world.

As for the EP they have released, let me share my honest opinion with you.

I heard E-Lo for the first time on Tuesday. I just went "What on Earth is this?!". I didn't enjoy it, I was willing to dismiss and loathe it from then on.

I played the rest yesterday and did my best not to associate that with the Coldplay. Still I was not impressed and felt abashed at it. I wasn't sure if I was ever gonna adore it or not because of the circumstances it had been brought out under. On the other hand, it reminded me of indie pop or that funky music self-musicians often upload on Soundcloud (for example Tom Misch). That softened me up a little bit.

Here comes the plot twist! I gave it a chance today. I was listening to it all over again and found myself really having a good time. To be honest, I'm keen on all the songs! They're definitely growers for me which I'm fine with. I don't pay much attention to all those featurings but that must mean that I'm not even aware of them which might be pretty degrading... But you know what? The Coldplay Los Unidades are my main and only focus here. The rest will be in the spotlight in my place next time. This is what I'm living for at the moment.

• Like 3

Look, Spanish is my mother tongue, but I didn't even notice that part because I was so amazed with the chorus, I loved it a lot... I wrote a comment here because it was so catchy...

And then hours later I read this...

Now I can unhear it. It's so bad... And yes, the kind of music he does is terrible.

But anyway, when I reach 1:31 in the video, I jump to 2:01. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would love a edited version :joy::joy:

I would love to try and make an edit of that. I'll see what I can do!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Listening to Voodoo once again and I'm liking it more... Now I can see Mylo Xyloto on two things: The intro that reminds me to the bridge of Major Minus and the drums on the first part are almost the same rythm as Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall...

I know we are not supposed to compare Los Unidades to Coldplay but it's kinda difficult for me :P specially when they use some old elements on this song!

The song was 3 years in the making so it couldn't have been from Mylo Xyloto, must be AHFOD

Voodoo is from MX but Stargate probably didn't start working on it til 3 years ago. I'll have to find the image, but I am pretty sure it was on a list of songs slated for MX. I'll post here when/if I find it.

• Like 1

I wasn't sure, if I should write a post or not, but anyhow, feel free to disagree:

Did I listen to the songs? Yes, I did

Did the artist have a good time during the recording process? I do hope so

Do I like the songs? It doesn't really make any difference to the world out there if I do or don't, it's art and therefore not everybody will love, but the world will hopefully keep turning

In that spirit: I hope you all enjoy the GC concert and have a wonderful christmas time

• Like 2

Voodoo is from MX but Stargate probably didn't start working on it til 3 years ago. I'll have to find the image, but I am pretty sure it was on a list of songs slated for MX. I'll post here when/if I find it.

I just did some research on here and found several posts from the MX era mentioning Voodoo. Turns out it was part of the artwork on the MX piano! Can be seen here https://farm7.staticflickr.com/6192/6152228530_56b6cf7a84_b.jpg (inside the butterfly on the right side).

My apologies to you!

• Like 8

I just did some research on here and found several posts from the MX era mentioning Voodoo. Turns out it was part of the artwork on the MX piano! Can be seen here https://farm7.staticflickr.com/6192/6152228530_56b6cf7a84_b.jpg (inside the butterfly on the right side).

My apologies to you!

No need to apologize! I completely forgot it was on the piano. I'm pretty sure I saw it somewhere else as well, but I can't find it and it's driving me crazy lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My apologies to you!

Always in awe of the MX pianos. What’d I’d give to get ahold of one lol

• Like 2