✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Everyday Life Leak Discussion [SPOILERS INSIDE]

stephen

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/coldplays-record-label-say-they-want-to-release-another-album-as-soon-as-possible-after-everyday-life__27757/

Hmmmm.... this has me a little concerned about LP9. I'm holding onto hope that Everyday Life is a record that will change Coldplay forever and have a sound that will influence much of their future work, but if it's something they had to "get out of their system," I worry that we may be getting a commercialized AHFOD 2 after all...

Of course this will be the case. And in this consumerist world we live in where music is primarily an INDUSTRY for earning MONEY I am not surprised at all by the record company so blatantly and shamelessly yearning for new album - > a commercial one which will bring millions of dollars... Am I the only who one who sees this as disrespectful towards the artists? I swear, I am now 100% sure that Coldplay HAS to make commercial albums and this is a part of the compromise - > an album for their soul, followed by an album for their pockets and their greedy 'bosses'. Sad, but at least we get beautiful music like this still on Everyday Life - and it gives me hope that after their prime has gone, they will still make wonderful music together because I swear they got so much that we have not even heard, and might never even hear. Their talent is immense, and beyond Billboard junk.

The next album will be 100% dumb-mass-appealing, just wait and see. It will be even more garbage than AHFOD (God I hate that album with a passion, I like Birds and Fun only.)

• Like 3
  • Angry 1

Of course this will be the case. And in this consumerist world we live in where music is primarily an INDUSTRY for earning MONEY I am not surprised at all by the record company so blatantly and shamelessly yearning for new album - > a commercial one which will bring millions of dollars... Am I the only who one who sees this as disrespectful towards the artists? I swear, I am now 100% sure that Coldplay HAS to make commercial albums and this is a part of the compromise - > an album for their soul, followed by an album for their pockets and their greedy 'bosses'. Sad, but at least we get beautiful music like this still on Everyday Life - and it gives me hope that after their prime has gone, they will still make wonderful music together because I swear they got so much that we have not even heard, and might never even hear. Their talent is immense, and beyond Billboard junk.

The next album will be 100% dumb-mass-appealing, just wait and see. It will be even more garbage than AHFOD (God I hate that album with a passion, I like Birds and Fun only.)

The irony of it all - the band saying they don’t care about what critics and listeners are saying about them anymore, hence the release of this album...but then they are going on to do just that by releasing something that will appeal to the masses.

Lol.

• Like 5

Why are you jumping the gun with so much anger? I’m tired of this forum maintaining the ideal that mainstream music = terrible. Every album prior to this one has technically been mainstream, including the first three albums. You should wait and see what it’s going to be instead of getting angry at the thought of a hypothetical.

• Like 6

Why are you jumping the gun with so much anger? I’m tired of this forum maintaining the ideal that mainstream music = terrible. Every album prior to this one has technically been mainstream, including the first three albums. You should wait and see what it’s going to be instead of getting angry at the thought of a hypothetical.

mainstream is not equal to making music somebody expects from you. I feel like there is too much pressure on them now that they are the biggest band in the world. I just want them to make music THEY want and not what the world wants from them.

I think you just hit the nail on the head.

I hope that once their contract expires, they'll pull a Radiohead and release music through smaller, less mainstream record labels instead. Maybe that's what they need in order to let their creativity truly blossom.

• Like 2

mainstream is not equal to making music somebody expects from you. I feel like there is too much pressure on them now that they are the biggest band in the world. I just want them to make music THEY want and not what the world wants from them.

I want them to make the music they want to make too. I suppose what I was getting at with my original post is that we shouldn’t assume they’re going to revert to their heavy pop days, you know? Of course, I could be wrong, but their future could still be quite bright.

Also I need them to make their own label.

• Like 4

They are very basic/extra weight. Don't have anything unique to them.

I don't see how they are any different from what the band have done multiple times in their early albums.

Also do any of you guys actually like Cry Cry Cry? Aside from that awful auto-tuned voice, I don't see the point of this track on the album. It's like the band forced themselves to put something that sounds out of place just for the sake of it.

I kind of like it haha

But it just reminds me of other music I'd listen to that normally doesn't sound much like Coldplay

• Like 2

On a bad day I think like that too, but then.... maybe they actually do want to make that kind of records. I don't think they would have lasted 20 years if they were making records they don't want to make. I mean there mustt be some pressure to have enough songs that sound like singles on the albums but... I think the band want to make "mainstream" albums

• Like 2

We should appreciate the fact that 20+ years into their career they

A) are still making music together

B) are still able to reach a creative peak

The Beatles never lasted that long (granted, they had a huge creative output in those relatively few years), The Rolling Stones were only relevant for about 10 years and had multiple line-up changes. Same goes for The Who, Beach Boys, Led Zep, Queen, Nirvana, Pixies, The Doors, The Clash, Pink Floyd or even Kraftwerk. The list goes on.

Radiohead is still relevant, Bruce Springsteen is somewhat relevant (even though no one goes to a Springsteen concert to hear new songs) and U2 also hit some sort of a creative renaissance 20 years into their career (but that was in the early 2000s, they've since lost it again). But that's a pretty tiny list! We are in uncharted territory here!

They may do another "poppy" album not everyone will like, but the fact that they just released a completely bonkers record bodes well for the future!

• Like 7

I don't think Coldplay is making pop albums because of some pressure from their bosses. Viva La Vida was amazing in terms of sales so, why would anybody pressure them to make an album like MX after this amazing success? I am not saying MX was a bad album but let's be honest, it's not VLV. I am pretty sure that our boys are making the decisions about their music. Even if there is some pressure it must be about having at least one single in every album. Like A Sky Full of Stars in Ghost Stories.

• Like 3

lyrics from the official booklet:

[ATTACH type=full" alt="9730]9730[/ATTACH][ATTACH type=full" alt="9731]9731[/ATTACH][ATTACH type=full" alt="9732]9732[/ATTACH][ATTACH type=full" alt="9733]9733[/ATTACH][ATTACH type=full" alt="9734]9734[/ATTACH][ATTACH type=full" alt="9735]9735[/ATTACH][ATTACH type=full" alt="9736]9736[/ATTACH]

(Just added spoiler tags because the images are pretty large) :)

I'm listening to Flags on repeat and oh my goodness I can't get enough of this. This song is hitting me harder and harder in the feels as I pay more attention to the lyrics...

"I know that I am living, can you show me how to live?" is such a simple lyric, but I think it's my favorite from this era.

• Like 3

Wait a minute... Is it just me or Bani Adam sounds like the first small part of Kaleidoscope before the static to the other piano part with the poem? Was that a precursor or a demo to it? Or even a hint of something they are working on?

• Like 2

Wait a minute... Is it just me or Bani Adam sounds like the first small part of Kaleidoscope before the static to the other piano part with the poem? Was that a precursor or a demo to it? Or even a hint of something they are working on?

The English voice at the end of Bani Adam that says "May there be peace and love and perfection throughout all creation, through God" really sounds like Coleman Banks, the person who reads The Guest House in Kaleidoscope. I think it's the same person.

Perhaps Bani Adam is meant to be a spiritual successor to Kaleidoscope.

• Like 3