✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Everyday Life Leak Discussion [SPOILERS INSIDE]

stephen

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cry Cry Cry is also one of the weaker tracks IMO, second only to BrokEn. Again, it's not bad. It's also a really novelty track. It's just... not a song that flows too well with the rest of the record. Needs a little more "oomph" to it, maybe a big horn section. I love that piano tone though!

• Like 4

Just curious, why are these songs the worst to you ?

For me - Best: Trouble in Town/Champion Of The World

Worst: BrokEn

Oh they aren’t crap songs, not by a long shot. They are definitely miles better than some of the songs on AHFOD. But because you have two masterpiece of a song in TIT and Arabesque and other gems like Daddy, Cry Cry Cry and Church and COTW etc, these two songs are pretty weak by comparison.

So I guess I should say the weakest songs are those two but they are definitely not the worst on the album. I can honestly say there isn’t a worst song on EL (which I can’t say the same for AHFOD. Heh).

My revised list would be:

Best: Trouble in Town, Arabesque.

Weakest: Eko, Old Friends.

Good: Everything else.

Worst: X Marks the Spot

• Like 3

A tribute to Brian Eno?

Seems like it.

"for brian eno with love and thanks"

It's cool that they still look up to him. :D

[ATTACH=full]9682[/ATTACH]

EDIT: I get it now! :D

I'd like to think this track has a few meanings: that the capital E makes the title BrokEn, that Br. En. would be Brian Eno's initials (glad they still look up to him as well, too bad they didn't include him on the album but it's fantastic that they managed to make such an experimental record without him anyhow), and for the person who said Trouble in Town and Daddy ought to flow together, I totally agree because one ends with a heartbeat and the next begins with the same heartbeat, but I think the whole point was to break up the flow with a track called BrokEn :joy:

I don't want to scare the oldplayers, but what that Italian DJ said is turning out to be true. This would mean that the next album will be more pop oriented hehe.

What Italian DJ? What did he say?

I'm missing out.

Of course they still look up to him. This rumour that because Coldplay ditched him after Viva and went more pop, means they suddenly hate him is stupid

And that's simply not true either, he did "Enoxification" on Mylo which I think truly helped propel the record to my favorite of all time. And it still stands that way even after listening to this album BTW.

I would think so, because how else are they going to fix that.. muting every 'fuck' will sounds very ___ ___ ___

Many songs on radio are completely destroyed because they have so many expletives and half the song sounds empty *ahem*99 Problems*ahem* so I hope Coldplay knows better and removes the sample altogether for the clean version.

I hope that'll also please the people on here who don't really like it, even though I think the song would half sound empty and not make much sense without it. Or maybe it just feels that way because I first listened to the song with the sample, and I think it reflects the increasing intensity of the music perfectly, and without it, it might not have been my favorite song on the album after all. Also gives credit to this album making a political statement, it makes the song really fit in with the album's theme.

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned here before but in the outro of "Trouble In Town" we can hear an audio sample of some kids singing in zulu (Southern Africa dialect)

Geez I didn't even notice that! Or I just thought it was a bunch of kids singing and it faded in the background.

We seriously need to keep a count of how many languages are found in this album because it's getting kinda crazy now :joy:

-------------

Fav: Trouble in Town/Everyday Life

Worst: Cry Cry Cry

It's a good song and I like it, growing on me, but if I had to pick a worst song off the record it'd probably be this

• Like 3

I'd like to think this track has a few meanings: that the capital E makes the title BrokEn, that Br. En. would be Brian Eno's initials (glad they still look up to him as well, too bad they didn't include him on the album but it's fantastic that they managed to make such an experimental record without him anyhow), and for the person who said Trouble in Town and Daddy ought to flow together, I totally agree because one ends with a heartbeat and the next begins with the same heartbeat, but I think the whole point was to break up the flow with a track called BrokEn :joy:

It's... a broken heart :eek:

Do you think the sample is completely removed, in the non-explicit version? I would think so, because how else are they going to fix that.. muting every 'fuck' will sounds very ___ ___ ___

Many songs on radio are completely destroyed because they have so many expletives and half the song sounds empty *ahem*99 Problems*ahem* so I hope Coldplay knows better and removes the sample altogether for the clean version.

I hope that'll also please the people on here who don't really like it, even though I think the song would half sound empty and not make much sense without it. Or maybe it just feels that way because I first listened to the song with the sample, and I think it reflects the increasing intensity of the music perfectly, and without it, it might not have been my favorite song on the album after all. Also gives credit to this album making a political statement, it makes the song really fit in with the album's theme.

Some artists can get around the awkward emptiness by using a different vocal track with different lyrics in place of the expletives. But, of course, Coldplay can't really do this with Trouble In Town because it's not Chris singing.

I just hope the clean versions of Guns and Arabesque don't sound weird without the expletives either.

"Everyone's gone *pause* crazy" would sound weird with that pause! As would "SAME *pause* BLOOD!!!!!" Maybe with editing magic and a different vocal track, they could change it to something along the lines "Everyone's gone so crazy" and "WE HAVE THE SAME BLOOD!!!!!"

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Trouble in Town would be easy to not mess up.

Guns and Arabesque, they just need to do like the artists who know what they're doing do, and record an alternate vocal track so it doesn't sound awkward.

I guess half the time it's the radio station's fault though because some of them make their own censored versions that I've heard, and often they sound like total garbage in part because they censor the silliest things

"I been PoppinPoppinPoppinPoppinPoppin" (there was a thread on r/popheads IIRC specifically asking the worst radio edits people have heard and this was one of them, I'm honestly intrigued to hear what this would sound like :joy:)

• Like 2

I have really detailed commentary about all the things I like ;P but not enough time to get it all down so here's my quick and slightly negative impression - I like the album a lot but probably put it behind many of the others. I am finding that I completely prefer all the more-produced tracks and find the demos to get in the way. They'd be fun as B-sides but WOTW/POTP and a couple of the other acoustic songs just feel a bit too same-y to me. It'd be different if they were really tightly written acoustic tracks like UATW. It's like having 4-5 songs' worth of Parachutes and Til Kingdom Come. Which I guess some people like, but I don't. However, I really appreciate the political messages across the songs. If you listen to Trouble in Town, Daddy, Arabesque, Orphans, and Everyday Life right next to each other, it WILL make sense.

Best: Everyday Life, but I also quite like Daddy, Trouble in Town, Church, Champion of the World, Orphans

Worst: Cry Cry Cry probably - I think as one poster said above, it could've used some horns or something bigger.

Both this and BrokEn I wish would've built into something bigger and badder. A good example for the latter is Blur's Tender and U2's I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, both of which are white man alternative rock bands doing gospel-inspired music. But IMO much more enjoyable songs, because they have big singalongs, big buildups, guitar solos, etc.

I personally don't mind the Trouble In Town sample. It's jarring at first but I think it's supposed to be that way. It's supposed to help the message of the song feel genuine, and present it as a problem we need to confront as opposed to something we can think "oh, that's too bad" about and never acknowledge it again.

This is exactly what I think. The Boys have committed themselves to making a political statement on this album, and this moment of the song is a raw confrontation of racism that most Americans protect themselves from.

• Like 4

I'm guessing that there'll be ten performances this era, in these locations:

-Amman, Jordan

-London, England

-Los Angeles, United States

-NYC, United States

-Tokyo, Japan

-Paris, France

-Mexico City, Mexico

-São Paulo, Brazil

-Istanbul, Turkey

-Seoul, South Korea

I believe Chris said they weren't having any concerts in Australia.

It's going to be interesting looking back and seeing how close I was.

But I think I'm pretty accurate with most of these locations.

I am not sure about Istanbul. They never came to Turkey and I don't think they never will actually. I would be so happy if it happens though.

Returning to this acoustic rendition of SJLT - as I'm relistening and re-looking, I think Jonny has his guitar plugged into that synthesizer and that's why it sounds so gameboy like. Fun for the music nerds!

• Like 3

"SAME *pause* BLOOD!!!!!"

I actually have to say I listened to the clean version first by mistake (*leak*) and it sounds really good and fitting. You should give it a try. Imho it sounds just as good as the normal version when he screams "same.....BLOOOOD !!"

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

I actually have to say I listened to the clean version first by mistake (*leak*) and it sounds really good and fitting. You should give it a try. Imho it sounds just as good as the normal version when he screams "same.....BLOOOOD !!"

I wasn't sure if the clean version had ever leaked... I'll see if I can track it down :D I wonder if the clean version of Guns is also floating around or if I just need to wait a couple more days.

when ghost stories was released were the bonus tracks released the day of or before

just wondering if we could hear flags before official release

I'm not sure... I bought the Target version here in the US that had the bonus tracks but I don't remember if those tracks were ever released or leaked before the full album came out.

Returning to this acoustic rendition of SJLT - as I'm relistening and re-looking, I think Jonny has his guitar plugged into that synthesizer and that's why it sounds so gameboy like. Fun for the music nerds!

I'm not a big fan of SJLT but I actually wouldn't mind if they play this version in the future... it's kinda weird, kinda dreamy. I like it!

• Like 2

Best: Trouble in Town, Arabesque. Can’t pick between the two really.

Worst: Eko, Old Friends.

Good: Everything else.

Eko and Old Friends are your worst? They are some of my favorites.. Eko is beautiful! :(

For me:

Best: Trouble in Town, Arabesque, Eko, Champion of the World (I can't pick one yet, too fresh)

Worst: Orphans, BrokEn

Eko and Old Friends are your worst? They are some of my favorites.. Eko is beautiful! :(

For me:

Best: Trouble in Town, Arabesque, Eko, Champion of the World (I can't pick one yet, too fresh)

Not really a big fan of that type of sound.

And worst is such a strong word. Lol. I would say weakest.

• Like 1

Just curious, why are these songs the worst to you ?

For me - Best: Trouble in Town/Champion Of The World

Worst: BrokEn

That's also exactly my choice!

Ékò became also an absolute favourite of mine! Very close behind Trouble in Town/COTW. I am looking forward to their live performance of Ékò :heart_eyes:

• Like 2

For me:

They are very basic/extra weight. Don't have anything unique to them.

I don't see how they are any different from what the band have done multiple times in their early albums.

Also do any of you guys actually like Cry Cry Cry? Aside from that awful auto-tuned voice, I don't see the point of this track on the album. It's like the band forced themselves to put something that sounds out of place just for the sake of it.

• Like 1

My personal EL record with my favorites in bold. My top 3 would be Arabesque / Eko / Everyday Life ... today. May change tomorrow haha :

1. Sunrise

2. Trouble in Town

3. Broken

4. Daddy

5. Arabesque

6. When i need a friend

7. Orphans

8. Eko

9. Bani Adam

10. Champion of the world

11. Everyday Life

My personal EL record with my favorites in bold. My top 3 would be Arabesque / Eko / Everyday Life ... today. May change tomorrow haha :

1. Sunrise

2. Trouble in Town

3. Broken

4. Daddy

5. Arabesque

6. When i need a friend

7. Orphans

8. Eko

9. Bani Adam

10. Champion of the world

11. Everyday Life

What happened to Church??

What Italian DJ? What did he say?

I'm missing out.

Back in early october, there was an italian music journalist who said Coldplay were going to release an experimental record by the end of 2019 and a conventional record in 2020.

I apologize because I went to search for the primary source, and it's partially wrong. I got the information from a twitter user who got it from the italian journalist's tweet. His source was the Daily Star article from October 7 (I assume many know about this article). It said (And I quote from the article): “The first album is the more experimental side of Coldplay, they probably won’t tour until 2020 when the next one arrives.”

• Like 1