✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Everyday Life Leak Discussion [SPOILERS INSIDE]

stephen

I

I quite like Trouble in Town's Malcolm X sample - it reminded me instantly of how that is used on the album Drones by Muse. It's not for everyone but it creates a lot of cool tension that gets broken by Jonny's amazing solo and adds to EL's status as a political album.

I see what you mean but the Drill Sergeant is much more fitting for Psycho as it is a heavier, angrier track. :)

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel the same, others say it makes the song better.

I also think it's a bit too much. But after many listens I understand it now more.. the way it builds up to the guitar ending part.

Do you think the sample is completely removed, in the non-explicit version? I would think so, because how else are they going to fix that.. muting every 'fuck' will sounds very ___ ___ ___

And listening to the music in the background, it will still sound very strong without it I think.

But it absolutely is a brilliant track with or without the sample :heart:

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned here before but in the outro of "Trouble In Town" we can hear an audio sample of some kids singing in zulu (Southern Africa dialect):

U Mandela Siyanthanda futhi uyasi ve yank' indawo jikelele.

Translates to:

Mandela we love and feel everywhere.
  • Like 11

I also think it's a bit too much. But after many listens I understand it now more.. the way it builds up to the guitar ending part.

Do you think the sample is completely removed, in the non-explicit version? I would think so, because how else are they going to fix that.. muting every 'fuck' will sounds very ___ ___ ___

And listening to the music in the background, it will still sound very strong without it I think.

But it absolutely is a brilliant track with or without the sample :heart:

I agree. The track is great with or without the sample. I fully understand why the sample is in there and it fits the urgency and tone of the song.

I would love a version where it’s completely removed so when I’m passively listening and or with my very young kiddos , I can not worry about the skip of this great tune.

• Like 3

Anybody else bothered by the sample in Trouble in Town? It kinda ruined the song for me that guy swearing is super annoying and sounds forced... it’s basically one minute of fuckshitfuck I mean I get the point but it kinda ruined a beautiful song...

Definitely not a fan of this sample. I like listening to albums all the way through, but this sample is just too jarring to listen to on a regular basis. I like Coldplay for the sweet sounds and sad lyrics, but this sample throws both of these out and hits the listener over the head.

Somebody made a good points about the clean version. Maybe the sample will be removed all together (and I would immediately opt to only listen to that version if it exists).

• Like 1

Definitely not a fan of this sample. I like listening to albums all the way through, but this sample is just too jarring to listen to on a regular basis. I like Coldplay for the sweet sounds and sad lyrics, but this sample throws both of these out and hits the listener over the head.

Somebody made a good points about the clean version. Maybe the sample will be removed all together (and I would immediately opt to only listen to that version if it exists).

Maybe we will get clean (without snippets) versions of the songs once the instrumentals get leaked... Sometimes those voice memos are stored with the main vocal track...

• Like 3

I agree with this word by word. It is too much to listen to always. I wouldn't mind if it was in the video for example.

• Like 1

I personally don't mind the Trouble In Town sample. It's jarring at first but I think it's supposed to be that way. It's supposed to help the message of the song feel genuine, and present it as a problem we need to confront as opposed to something we can think "oh, that's too bad" about and never acknowledge it again.

• Like 6

what's the best and worst song off album to y'all?

don't include instrumentals or demos

best champion

worst church I do like it though

Best: Trouble in Town, Arabesque. Can’t pick between the two really.

Worst: Eko, Old Friends.

Good: Everything else.

Best: I'm flip-flopping between Arabesque and Trouble In Town. Right now I pick Arabesque.

Worst: BrokEn. It's not bad, in fact it's a sweet and novelty track kinda like Death Will Never Conquer. I just think it should have been placed elsewhere in the track listing. Trouble In Town ought to flow directly into Daddy.