✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Everyday Life Leak Discussion [SPOILERS INSIDE]

stephen

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/coldplays-record-label-say-they-want-to-release-another-album-as-soon-as-possible-after-everyday-life__27757/

Hmmmm.... this has me a little concerned about LP9. I'm holding onto hope that Everyday Life is a record that will change Coldplay forever and have a sound that will influence much of their future work, but if it's something they had to "get out of their system," I worry that we may be getting a commercialized AHFOD 2 after all...

Should I actually start the LP9 thread?!?!?

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember that the original Mylo sessions were acoustically produced, and that they only decided to make an album laced with all sorts of synths last minute, and scrapped the rest, much to the dismay of many people on this forum. Guess what? This song is not only acoustically produced but has some lyrics that kind of remind me of that album, and has a real soft melodic sound to it, it's very comparable to U.F.O. Again, coincidence? I don't think so. Just so they see this I'll mention @42Escapist because they've been talking about this with me for the last little while over on the LP8 thread, and I think these facts settle the score once and for all. If I'm right, this would also mean Aiko has absolutely nothing to do with the popular fanbase version of "Aiko" other than the song's key, which is pretty insignificant. Which convinces me that Aiko was just a Jon Hopkins reprise of MM after all, like Oracle said.

Exactly my thoughts! It's possible that Eko is not derived from Aiko, but it would have fit that acoustic album so well with tracks like UFO, UATW, and Wedding Bells (I believe Charlie Brown and Major Minus were originally supposed to be this way too?). I'm still hoping for a future album that's really stripped down, but this beautiful song and Old Friends will do for now. :)

Hi everyone, I’ve not posted on this site for years but used to be a regular visitor. Great to see it still so busy.

Could someone please point me in the direction of where people are hearing the new songs early? I can’t wait til Friday, got a good feeling about this album after the last one left me down.

I'm guessing that there'll be ten performances this era, in these locations:

-Amman, Jordan

-London, England

-Los Angeles, United States

-NYC, United States

-Tokyo, Japan

-Paris, France

-Mexico City, Mexico

-São Paulo, Brazil

-Istanbul, Turkey

-Seoul, South Korea

I believe Chris said they weren't having any concerts in Australia.

It's going to be interesting looking back and seeing how close I was.

But I think I'm pretty accurate with most of these locations.

• Like 2

I'm guessing that there'll be ten performances this era, in these locations:

-Amman, Jordan

-London, England

-Los Angeles, United States

-NYC, United States

-Tokyo, Japan

-Paris, France

-Mexico City, Mexico

-São Paulo, Brazil

-Istanbul, Turkey

-Seoul, South Korea

I believe Chris said they weren't having any concerts in Australia.

It's going to be interesting looking back and seeing how close I was.

But I think I'm pretty accurate with most of these locations.

I think they’ll only do one show in Asia (Japan).

Really hope they change their mind on Aus. Since they won’t come to NZ, it’s the closest I can get to. Heh.

• Like 3

"for brian eno with love and thanks"

It's cool that they still look up to him. :D

[ATTACH type=full" alt="FB_IMG_1574117433496.jpg]9682[/ATTACH]

EDIT: I get it now! :D

Haha, I knew it! Such a nice little tribute. I remember reading somewhere the band were doing gospel singing on a regular basis with Eno during the recording of Viva La Vida. It was some sort of morning workout exercise.

• Like 6