Jump to content
📡 HIGHER POWER MUSIC VIDEO OUT JUNE 8 📡

Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LEAK  

Maybe if Jay starts wearing that shirt more often, I'll start calling it The Buckland Symbol and drawing it all over everything. Or the Buck Signal maybe?   Legend has it, if you shine the B

Posted Images

There are 12 different "spheres," so I'm guessing each of them represents one song. Maybe there will be more than 12 tracks on the album if we count little instrumental bits such as the Music of the Spheres intro.

5 hours ago, nowayme said:

I noticed that the Music Of The Spheres intro from the Higher Power video is on exactly the same key as Always in My Head and O, you can literally paste the one over the other and they match. I pasted the "Ooooh don't ever let go" vocal from O and I can also hear some elements matching in timing on where they should be from the O Instrumental to the Music Of The Spheres intro. I don't know if that says anything, but atleast my guess is that it's the opening interlude from the album, like Mylo Xyloto was on MX, and how O was incorporated to Always in my Head and vice versa (O is essentially a stripped down version of Always in my Head with the background vocals "OoOoh don't ever let go" serving as lead vocals.

This what I was thinking as soon as I first heard it in the Glastonbury live stream.

It makes me wonder... will it also be used at the end of the album? Just like how O is sampled in Always In My Head and a snippet of The Escapist is the intro to Life In Technicolor. Ghost Stories and VLVODAAHF go full circle.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 42Escapist said:

This what I was thinking as soon as I first heard it in the Glastonbury live stream.

It makes me wonder... will it also be used at the end of the album? Just like how O is sampled in Always In My Head and a snippet of The Escapist is the intro to Life In Technicolor. Ghost Stories and VLVODAAHF go full circle.

I know that it might be a coincidence but all 4 songs (Always in my Head, O, Music Of The Spheres, Higher Power) are in G Minor and the female choir of Always In My Head/O is synchronized perfectly if you layer it over Music Of The Spheres. It works even better if you paste the "OoOoOh don't ever let go". Dunno, Music Of The Spheres might be actually an evolution of Always In My Head, kinda like how Bani Adam was an evolution of Kaleidoscope.

Edited by nowayme
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, 42Escapist said:

"A melodic orbit in three parts"

I wonder what that could mean... perhaps the album is divided into three groups of three or four songs, each.

20210608_103723.thumb.jpg.7f064c34b784e41eac19d5b86082d04b.jpg

816223485_20210608_103723(1).thumb.jpg.fcda23d10a7e0d2305c696f19ed40308.jpg

That would make sense nowadays. I work for a label myself. The way Spotify works is that its more engaging to release small bundles because you can effectively boost 1 song per album, ep or single. So could be that they will release a few EP's in 'waterfall' adding a song each few weeks to an EP product. To boost popularity in the systems. Would make sense, spheres, planets. 3 planets, 5 songs each (hope) heheh. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, tom043 said:

That would make sense nowadays. I work for a label myself. The way Spotify works is that its more engaging to release small bundles because you can effectively boost 1 song per album, ep or single. So could be that they will release a few EP's in 'waterfall' adding a song each few weeks to an EP product. To boost popularity in the systems. Would make sense, spheres, planets. 3 planets, 5 songs each (hope) heheh. 

15 songs 🤤

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2021 at 7:46 AM, stepstr said:

Has anyone noticed that Human Heart from R1 Big Weekend is exactly the same as from Glasto?

Yes, and I made the comparison using software. They are 97,8% identical.

But (I’m a musician that plays a lot with harmonics), there is a potencial explanation. The (extensive) vocoder used in HH only let out the processed voice and a minimal fraction of the origin voice (instead of Midnight where the ratio is different. Eventually 75% vocoder and 25% dry real voice, so it sound different live always). In HH I bet for a 95% vocoder and a 3-5% dry real voice. So, sadly, it always sounds the same, in particular with an acapella song (with instruments could be different, but lets be honest, our lovely guys are not the king of the live instrumental improvisation, except of course of Chris).

The honest sad part in HP and HH, is that those songs are so-studio songs that the adrenaline of live improvisation is lost (and only remains the pyrotechnics).

Maybe, in Today Plaza Show on 17th June (with audience), we see something different. I wish it!!!. Otherwise, this is going to be the more plastic Coldplay production, which after a bare bones production like EL, create a confusing and disappointing contrast, at least for me.

Cheers everybody!. 

Edited by jmujica
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, jmujica said:

Yes, and I made the comparison using software. They are 97,8% identical.

But (I’m a musician that plays a lot with harmonics), there is a potencial explanation. The (extensive) vocoder used in HH only let out the processed voice and a minimal fraction of the origin voice (instead of Midnight where the ratio is different. Eventually 75% vocoder and 25% dry real voice, so it sound different live always). In HH I bet for a 95% vocoder and a 3-5% dry real voice. So, sadly, it always sounds the same, in particular with an acapella song (with instruments could be different, but lets be honest, our lovely guys are not the king of the live instrumental improvisation, except of course of Chris).

The honest sad part in HP and HH, is that those songs are so-studio songs that the adrenaline of live improvisation is lost (and only remains the pyrotechnics).

Maybe, in Today Plaza Show on 17th June (with audience), we see something different. I wish it!!!. Otherwise, this is going to be the more plastic Coldplay production, which after a bare bones production like EL, create a confusing and disappointing contrast, at least for me.

Cheers everybody!. 

MX era versions of GPASUYF would disagree with you. 😛

But indeed they don't do enough stage improvisation when they're totally good enough to. 😞

Edited by MosesTheMarshmallow
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Stanz2500 said:

September, 17th, 2021

 

42 minutes ago, Aiko said:

😱😱😱

12 songs, coming on 9/17. 

It just so happens to be a Friday this year. And most albums are released on Fridays. 😮

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally realized it!!!

Angel Moon is the female voice from Cry Cry Cry!!!

The one Chris talked about in an interview. This from Coldpedia:

"The song features a female high pitched voice, which Chris said it's called Angelina, an alien singing made up character that is a "new voice in the band". In an interview to Jo Whiley on BBC Radio 2, Chris said "That's more to come from that story in a bit of time", and on 97.9X WBSX's Uninterrupted Disruption track by track, he said that she is also present in another song that it has not yet been released.[2]"

Wonder if she is also the female voice from Human Heart...

  • Like 3
  • Wow 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Pokegleek said:

I finally realized it!!!

Angel Moon is the female voice from Cry Cry Cry!!!

The one Chris talked about in an interview. This from Coldpedia:

"The song features a female high pitched voice, which Chris said it's called Angelina, an alien singing made up character that is a "new voice in the band". In an interview to Jo Whiley on BBC Radio 2, Chris said "That's more to come from that story in a bit of time", and on 97.9X WBSX's Uninterrupted Disruption track by track, he said that she is also present in another song that it has not yet been released.[2]"

Wonder if she is also the female voice from Human Heart...

Ahhhh I forgot about that tidbit of information! How interesting... Angel Moon's voice could be one of the female Love Choir singers, since they are credited in Higher Power and you can clearly hear them. And, get this... in the music video, you first hear the female voices sing right around the moment the big Angel Moon hologram appears.

 

7 minutes ago, stepstr said:

His outfit looks almost identical to the one from MX, especially ETIAW video

I still can't help but think that something in this era is going to connect directly to MX. Maybe the planet Silencia is one of the 12 "Spheres." The MX comics do confirm that it's a planet of its own. I just don't know. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe MOTS is just a spiritual successor to MX and there's no connection to the MX backstory. Just similar outfits for the band, similar visuals onstage, and new lyrics in the supposed new versions of UATW and UFO that don't connect to MX at all.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...